RMO Telangana 2016- Maths Olympiad
About RMO-Telangana Region
RMO 2016- Telangana Region is a stepping stone towards the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad, a qualifying stage of International Mathematical Olympiad
- Students of Class 9, 10 and 11 are eligible to take RMO Telangana 2016. From this, year students of class 12 are not allowed to take the RMO.
The 58th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from July 12 to July 24, 2017.
Latest Update: RMO Telangana 2016 Result has been declared for the RMO exam that was conducted on October 9, 2016. Click on the link below to check the Result
RMO Telangana Result 2016
RMO Telangana 2016 Important Dates
|RMO Telangana Application Opens
||August 15, 2016
|RMO Telangana Application Closes
||September 15, 2016
|Deadline for application form and DD to reach RMO regional co-ordinator:
||September 24, 2016
|RMO Telangana Hall Ticket / Admit Card to be e-mailed
||September 30, 2016
|RMO 2016 Exam Date
||October 9, 2016
What is RMO- Regional Mathematical Olympiad?
- RMO is the only exam organized at the regional level, leading students to participate in Indian National Mathematical Olympiad, a qualifying step towards the International Mathematical Olympiad.
INMO will be conducted under the joint association of National Board for Higher Mathematics and Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education.
- Total 28 regions have been formed that will conduct RMO 2016. Out of this, 25 RMOs will be conducted at Regional Level with the help of coordinator and the remaining 3 will be conducted by independent bodies like CBSE, JNV, and KVS.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of RMO-Telangana Region
RMO-Telangana Region Eligibility Criteria
|| Class 9, 10 and 11
- Students of class 9, 10 and 11 are eligible to take the RMO 2016 (Telangana Region).
- Special Eligibility: Bright Students of class 8 can also take part in RMO 2016 on the recommendation of Regional Coordinator- RMO i.e. "In terms of mathematical abilities, the candidate is one of the best in the school in the last five years".
- Only1 student of class 8 from a school will be allowed to take RMO 2016
- For students of higher classes: “In terms of mathematical abilities, the candidate should be among the top 10 of his/her class”.
- Age Criteria: Students must be born after August 1, 1996.
RMO-Telangana Region Reward
RMO Telangana Rewards
Students after qualifying RMO 2016 will be able to participate in the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) to be held on January 15, 2017 (Sunday) that is a qualifying step towards the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) 2017.
RMO-Telangana Region Application form and Process
RMO Telangana Application Process
Interested students have to contact to their Schools to participate in RMO 2016. Any number of students can apply from a school.
How to apply for RMO 2016
- First of all, students about to apply must have a valid Gmail/Yahoo Id. Those who are not having Gmail/Yahoo Ids should create a new one.
Click Here to Apply Online (Application Closed)
- Then, they have to click on Gmail or Yahoo logo present on the application portal.
- A new window wherein the personal details of the student will be required will appear and students have to submit all the correct information there.
- After this, the student will be redirected to a new window and there the students have to fill in the personal details & all other necessary information.
- The student will also be required to fill in the DD details while filling the online RMO application form 2016.
- After successfully applying to RMO the student will receive a Final Draft ( 2 copies)
- The printed application form must have recommendations of school, signed either by the Head or by one of the Mathematics Teachers of student's institution. It should also bear the school seal.
Application fees for RMO 2016 for Telangana Region- Rs. 150
- The fees should be paid through a demand draft.
- The DD of Rs. 150 should be drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favor of the Regional Mathematical Olympiad, payable at Hyderabad.
- The DD should be drawn only after the date September 24, 2016.
Submission RMO online application Form
- After successful submission of the application form, students will receive a Final Draft
( 2 copies) that has to be sent in an envelope to the Regional Coordinator along with the DD of Rs. 150 drawn on any Nationalized Bank in favor of the Regional Mathematical Olympiad (payable at Hyderabad).
- Students may leave the envelope containing the DD and the application form in a drop-box at the School of Mathematics, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad as a matter of their convenience& choice.
- Please write Application for Regional Mathematical Olympiad 2016 on the envelope.
RMO Exam Centres
Candidates from different districts would be assigned centres as given below
||Adilabad, Nizamabad, Karimnagar
||Hyderabad, Rangareddy, Medak
RMO 2016- Telangana region Admit Card
Admit cards of applicants will be sent to them by e-mail and the process will start from September 30, 2016.
- The Hall Tickets for RMO 2016 are being generated and forwarded to the registered email ids of candidates and the same will also be updated on candidate's RMO Account.
- Candidates can login to their respective RMO Accounts to check & Download their hall tickets.
- In case admit card is not received by email or not updated on RMO Account by October 9, 2016, candidates should get in touch with RMO administrative staff Gangaji (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their DD details and Temp. Registration ID.
- Candidates should keep 'email@example.com' in CC of the above mail.
- The subject line of the email should be "Hall ticket not generated/received - Regn Number"
RMO-Telangana Region Selection Process
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in the Regional Mathematical Olympiad 2016- Telangana Region.
Examination Pattern & Syllabus of RMO- 2016
- 6-7 questions (not of multiple-choice) will be asked.
- Duration of RMO 2016 Telangana Region: 3 hours (1pm-4pm)
- Syllabus: Curriculum syllabus of up to class 11 level may be referred as the Syllabus of RMO 2016.
RMO-Telangana Region Address
The Regional Co-ordinator School of Mathematics and Statistics,
University of Hyderabad C. R. Rao Road, Gachibowli Hyderabad 500 046
RMO-Telangana Region Contact Details
Phone: (040) 23010560
E-mail: math.olympiad.telangana at gmail.com
UNU-ISP scholarship is for admission into Master of Science and PhD in Sustainability Science Programme at Tokyo.UNU is an international academic inst... Read More
Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship 2017-18 is a study abroad scholarship and is granted to graduate Indian Women to pursue their Ma... Read More
Internship with Ministry of Women and Child Development 2017 - Ministry of Women and Child Development is inviting young students/ scholars for the sh... Read More
ACST Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams and fo... Read More