RES Young Economist Essay Competition 2017
About RES Young Economist Essay Competition
RES Young Economist Essay Competition, started in 2007, is open to students of class 10 who are studying UK A level or International Baccalaureate (IB) courses and the competition is conducted by Royal Economic Society along with Tutor2U. In order to participate in RES Young Economist Essay Competition, candidates need to submit a unique essay written on the given topics within the word limit of 1000 to 2500 words and the essay has to be submitted online.
The winner of the Competition will be awarded a cash prize of £1000 or INR 97,045 along with an engraved trophy. Students participating in RES Young Economist Essay Competition need to submit just a single entry using the online portal available for the same purpose.
|Last date to apply
||9 July 2017 2359 HRS (GMT)
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Topics
- Some politicians have proposed a maximum wage to lessen inequality. From an economics perspective, do you think it is a good idea?
- A recent UK tribunal case has found that Uber drivers are not self-employed and so should be paid the minimum wage and holiday pay. Is this to the advantage of actual and potential drivers or not?
- “Having more grammar schools would help raise education levels and opportunities”. Do you agree? Explain your answer.
- “Governments should raise the public science budget, to boost flagging UK productivity growth”. Do you agree? Explain your answer.
- A report (Hendryreview.wordpress.com) has recently concluded that it's worth investing in tidal lagoon systems even though the energy produced is expensive. What are the key judgements and assumptions which lead to this conclusion and how would you challenge them?
- “If you don't look after your health, you can't expect free access to healthcare”. Is this wrong? What are the economic arguments?
Subscribe for Regular Updates of RES Young Economist Essay Competition
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Eligibility Criteria
- Age: The candidate willing to participate in the competition must be between the age of 14 to 16 years.
- Academic qualification: The students must be studying in Class 10 from GCSE, AS/ A2 Level, or IB Economics or an equivalent course.
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Reward
The decision regarding the winners will be taken by an internationally renowned judging panel and the winners of the RES Young Economist Essay Competition will get the following benefits:
- Cash Prize: The winner of the first prize will get cash prize worth £1000 ( INR 97,045 INR) while the runner-ups will get £ 500 (48,500 INR).
- Trophy: The winners will get engraved trophies from Royal Economic Society.
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Application form and Process
The entries for the competition need to be submitted online on the official submission portal. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Mode of application: The essays can be submitted for the competition online only
- Word Limit: 1,000-2,500 words
- word count includes footnotes
- word count excludes bibliography and references
- Format: Microsoft Word (doc, docx) format or PDF format. No other format acceptable
Application Submission of Essay
RES Young Economist Essays can be submitted only through online mode using the official website. There is a dedicated portal available on the website for submitting the essay. The candidates have to write the essay in Microsoft word format or PDF format only so they can upload it easily on the website.
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Selection Process
The selection of the winners will be done by a panel of judges, the names of the judges are as follow:
- Andrew Chesher (President, RES)
- Bridget Rosewell (Volterra Partners)
- Jonathan Haskell (Imperial College London) and
- Alvin Birdi (Economics Network and University of Bristol)
The results would be announced in the month of August and the prize presentation will be held at RES Annual Public Lecture, London, England.
RES Young Economist Essay Competition Contact Details
214 High Street, Boston Spa,
West Yorkshire, LS23 6AD
Amar Ujala Lakshya Scholarship 2017 is an initiative under the Corporate Social Responsibility by Amar Ujala Foundation to provide financial support t... Read More
3M Young Innovators Challenge 2017 continues with its second generation innovators award program where they seek to find ideas and new projects f... Read More
Scroll Video Story Contest is a video contest on the theme It Happens Only in India. It is jointly organised by Scroll.in and Deutsche Welle (DW)... Read More
RD Sethna Scholarship is one of the oldest Scholarship which was started in the year 1938.Rd Sethna Scholarship Fund aims at granting loan scholarship... Read More