Project Inspire: 5 Minutes to Change the World
About Project Inspire
- Project Inspire is a joint initiative of Singapore unit of UN Women and Master Card for the benefit of women and girls in The Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific using technology or design as a tool for change.
- The Project Inspire entries for its competition, "5 minutes to change the world" to make a grant pitch for maximum 25,000 USD for the projects which helps in empowering women.
- The participants should submit a video of maximum 5 minutes based on the theme of ‘Technology or Design.’
- In the video, participant must pitch their idea relating to a project for the empowerment of women by the means of business literacy and entrepreneurship, and win a grant of 195,000 USD.
- Team leaders of top 10 shortlisted projects will be invited to present their ideas in front of a panel of judges in Singapore.
Project Inspire Important Dates 2016
||March 31- July 1, 2016
|Announcement of Top 10 Finalists
||August 29, 2016
||September 15, 2016
||September 29, 2016
|Announcement of Wild Card Ticket Entry
||October 15, 2016
||November 11, 2016
|Grand Final Pitch Day
||November 13, 2016
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Project Inspire
Project Inspire Eligibility Criteria
|| Between the age of 18-35 years.
- The competition is open to people between 18 & 25 years of age from around the world but the project for which they are pitching for fund should be related to the improvement of women and girls of Middle East, Asia Pacific or Africa.
- Should be an existing initiative: The project must be based on an existing initiative and must empower disadvantaged women and girls through design or technology.
- Maximum Budget: The project must be designed for implementation within a budget of 25,000 USD.
- Not allowed:
- Propagation of any political or religious doctrines is not allowed in any project.
- The contest is not open for employees of Master Card or Singapore Committee of UN Women.
Project Inspire Reward
The prizes for Project Inspire: 5 Minutes to Change the World will offer the following prizes:
- Grand Prize: A Grant of 195000 USD for the implementation of their project.
- Runner Up Prize: A Grant of 10,000 USD for the implementation of their project.
- People’s Choice: One out of 20 Semi Finalists will get a chance to pitch their inspired idea at the grand finals by securing maximum support in crowd funding stage of competition.
- Finalists: Top 10 finalist will receive the following benefits:
- Return flight from the finalist’s capital city to Singapore to participate in the finals.
- A ticket to Project Inspire Grand Final on November 13, 2016.
- Accommodation for 4 nights in Singapore along with meals and transfer.
- A one on one mentoring, INSEED and Bain & Company Workshop.
- Conditions Related to Grant:
- Documentation of the Project: The winner must document the progress of the project through social media platform and regular reports to Singapore Committee for UN Women. The following means need to be adopted for the same:
- Blog: The winner must submit a blog entry each month for the entire duration of the project.
- Monthly Reports: The winner must submit the details related to the progress of the project, results, milestones, challenges and any other important information related to the project.
- Final Report: After the completion of the project, the winner must submit a report consisting results, milestones, challenges and any other important information or challenge faced while executing the project.
- Suspension of the Grant: In case the progress is not satisfactory, UN Women reserves the right to suspend the grant without any entitlement of any damage claim.
Project Inspire Application form and Process
For making the application participants need to fill an online application form and submit a video on www.5minutestochangetheworld.org. The application process has opened on March 31, 2016 and last date to submit the video is July 1, 2016.
- The Project: Participants need to frame a project for the benefit of women and girls using design and technology, the skeleton of the project must be based on any existing initiative.
What kind of Projects are eligible for Grant
- Beneficiaries: The project must be designed for the benefit of disadvantaged women through design or technology and must be for the women/girls in Asia/Pacific, Middle East or Africa.
- Budget: The project should be based on an existing initiative and must be designed in such a manner that it can be implemented with a budget of 25,000 USD.
- No Political or Religious doctrines: The project must not promote or embody any political view or religious doctrine.
- Make a Video: Based on the project, candidates need to make a video giving the highlights of their project, its influence and impact.
Guidelines for Making the Video
- Idea: A description of participant’s inspirational idea.
- Impact: How the project will change the lives of women and girls in short term as well as long term, including he expected number of beneficiaries.
- Execution of the project: Details regarding how the project will be implemented along with timeline for the project, phases related to the projects and details about the activities involved to successfully implement the project.
- Utilization of grant: Detailed budget plan including details indicating project expenses, operational cost, manpower cost and all other related expenses.
- Measuring the Success: What are the criterions on which the success of the project will be measured.
- Utilization of Design and Technology: How the project will use Design and Technology for the economic empowerment of women/girls.
- Duration of Video: Maximum 5 Minutes.
- Related Information: The submission must accompany details of the existing initiative, biographies of the team members and any other required support material.
- Email Id: A valid email address is required for completing the submission process.
- Language: The Language of submission must be English only.
That video should be uploaded on any video hosting website and the link of the same video needs to be shared while filling the application form.
Project Inspire Selection Process
- Shortlisting: Top 10 projects will be shortlisted and will be notified by Email.
- Public Participations: Public participation in the crowd funding will be open in September 2016 and the exact schedule will be made available on the website.
- Judging Criterion: The projects will be judged on the following criterions:
- Anonymous marking: The marks awarded by the judges will not be disclosed.
Project Inspire Address
30A Keong Saik Road
Project Inspire Contact Details
Telephone: +65 6222 3239
National Overseas Scholarship for ST candidates is an initiative launched by Ministry of Tribal Affairs, Government of India. It i... Read More
DRDO Robotics Competition (DRUSE) 2017 is organized to give an open platform to simplify and collaborate the national talent in the areas of robo... Read More
PM Scholarship for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles is given by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). The scholarship is given to encourage... Read More
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls under PRAGATI Scheme has been launched by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). AICTE Scholarship wil... Read More