Promotion of Science Education (Pose) Scholarship 2017
About Pose Scholarship
POSE Scholarship 2017 - Promotion of Science Education (Pose) Scholarship is being offered by Haryana State Council for Science and Technology (HSCST). The scholarship is offered in basic & natural science subjects viz Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Mathematics, Biology, Statistics, Geology, Astrophysics, Astronomy, Electronics, Bio-Chemistry, Anthropology, Microbiology, Geophysics, Geochemistry, Atmospheric Sciences & Oceanic Sciences. POSE Scholarship 2017 is offered for the following Courses:
- 3 year B.Sc
- 4-year BS
- 5-year Integrated M.Sc./M.S
- 2-year M.Sc
POSE Scholarship is given to 150 students from 5-year integrated courses, 3 year and 4-year graduate courses. 50 Scholarships will be given to 2-year Post Graduate courses.
- To be eligible for the POSE scholarship, the students must have secured 85% marks in Class 12 (For Bachelors) or 75% marks in Bachelor’s examination (For Masters).
- The selected Bachelors/Masters students will get a monthly allowance of Rs. 4000/6000 along with annual contingency grant of Rs. 4000/5000 respectively.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Pose Scholarship
Pose Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||First year students of B.Sc. & M.Sc.
- Region: The scholarship is for students enrolled in institutions of Haryana.
- Those students who have cleared qualifying examination from institutes outside Haryana should provide Domicile / Resident certificate.
- Academic Qualification: The student should have cleared Class 12 or B.Sc. or B.A. (Maths) examination in order to be eligible for the Scholarship.
- Minimum Marks: The student should have obtained minimum marks as per their qualification:
- For B.Sc.: 85% marks in class 12.
- For M.Sc.:75% marks in UG examination.
Pose Scholarship Reward
POSE Scholarship is offered to 150 students of B.Sc. and 50 students from M.Sc.year students. The candidates will be given scholarship as per their qualification, the amount of scholarship is different for Undergraduate and Postgraduate students. The details of the benefit of POSE Scholarship are as follow:
- 3-year B.Sc Course: Rs.4000 per month
- 2-year M.Sc Course: Rs.6000 per month
- 4-year B.S or 5-year Integrated M.Sc/M.S: Rs.4000 per month for 1st, 2nd & 3rd year and Rs.6000 per month for 4th & 5th year.
The selected students will get one-time mentorship grant for the following program
- 3-year B.Sc: Rs. 12,000
- 4-year B.S: Rs. 17,000
- 5-year Integrated M.Sc: Rs.22,000
- 2-year M.Sc: Rs.10,000
Research Mentorship for students
- In order to avail this scholarship, the scholars need to do a project work under any Professor/Research Supervisor or Mentor during a vacation period, in any recognised University/Institute or Research Laboratories of their Choice.
- The University may be preferably outside their Parent Institutions. It may be located in India or outside India.
- The students doing their projects in India will get reimbursement of their expenses related to travel, accommodation and consumable expenses. The expense of food is not covered in this grant.
- The 4th or 5th-year students, Scholarship may be allowed to carry the research project in any Institute/ University/ Laboratory abroad by utilising the Mentorship Grant. If the sponsoring Institute pays any stipend or travel grant, only the difference between the support received from all sources put together and actual expenditure will be reimbursed from the Mentorship Grant.
Pose Scholarship Application form and Process
POSE Application Process can only be filled Online. The candidates must read the instructions carefully before filling the Application form. The last date to apply for POSE Scholarship is 15 September 2017.
Steps to fill the Online Application form
- Login: The candidates need to login into the official website that is www.haryana.gov.in
Click Here to Apply Online
- Basic Details: The candidates must fill the basic details such as name, email id, contact number, academic qualification etc in the Online Application Form.
- Uploading Documents: Thecandidatesnee to upload the following documents in the Online application form:
- Signature & Photograph: The candidates must upload the Scanned copies of their signature and photograph that should not be less than 2 MB each. The file format must be pdf, jpg, jpeg, png, gif, tif, tiff and bmp.
- Mark-sheets: The candidates must upload the scanned copies of the following certificates. The maximum size allowed is 2 MB and the file format should be pdf, jpg, jpeg, png, gif, tif, tiff and bmp
- Mark sheet of Class 10, 12 and B.Sc/B.A. which is mandatory.
- Certificate of Admission from Head/Principal/Registrar/Director of the College/University/Institute. Click Here to download the certificate format
- In case the students have passed their Class 12 from the rural area than the rural area school certificate is mandatory for the students having 80% to 84.99% marks.
- Rural certificate of class 11 & 12 if claimed 5% additional weightage.
- Declaration of the Student
Submission of the Application Form
POSE Application form needs to be submitted Online only after the complete filling of the Application form. The candidates need not send any hard copy of the Application form to the concerned Authority. However, the candidates are advised to take a printout of the duly filled in Online Application form for future use.
Pose Scholarship Selection Process
The selection of the candidates for the scholarship will be done on the basis of the marks obtained by the students in various examinations. The details of the criteria are:
POSE Scholarship Selection Criteria
The POSE Scholarship Selection Criteria can be described for 2, 3 and 4 years MSc course. The candidates can check the selection criteria given in the table below:
For 2-year M.Sc Course
|The Merit List will be prepared on the basis of average percentage score obtained in B.Sc /B.A course in three years
B.Sc (100 marks)
1.0 Marks for each 1% (0r fraction thereof) rounded to one decimal point
For 3-year or 4-year BS or 5-year Integrated M.Sc Course
|The Merit List will be prepared on the basis of
average percentage score obtained in Class 12 Board Examination in any of the first languages,
that is English/Hindi and the best out of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
Class 12 (115 marks)
1.0 Marks for each 1% (0r fraction thereof) rounded to one decimal point
- Additional 10% weightage: The Candidate who gets admission in National Institutes like, IIT, IISER, NISER, DAE-CBS, IISc will be given an additional 10% weightage for the scholarship.
- The candidates claiming benefit for admission in the National Institutes given above must submit the certificate of admission from Head/Principal/Registrar/Director of the College/University/Institute.
- Rural School Students: Candidates who have studied Class 11 & 12 in rural school will be given an additional 5% weightage.
- The students claiming the benefit of the rural area must submit the rural area school certificate from the Principal of the School.
- Additional Weightage will be added to the average percentage score obtained by the candidate for determining Inter-se merit.
Pose Scholarship Contact Details
Haryana State Council for Science and Technology
Bays No. 35-38, Sector 2,
DRDO Robotics Competition (DRUSE) 2017 is organized to give an open platform to simplify and collaborate the national talent in the areas of robo... Read More
PM Scholarship for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles is given by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). The scholarship is given to encourage... Read More
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls under PRAGATI Scheme has been launched by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). AICTE Scholarship wil... Read More
AICTE Saksham Scholarship 2017-18 for Differently Abled Persons under Saksham Scholarship Scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Human Resource D... Read More