PM Scholarship Scheme 2017-18
About PM Scholarship
PM Scholarship Scheme is given to encourage higher, technical and professional education for the wards of widows and Ex-servicemen of Armed Forces. The Government of India has introduced Prime Minister Scholarship (PM scholarship) scheme with effect from the academic year 2006-07.
- PM Scholarship is paid out of National Defence Fund and conducted by Department of Ex-Servicemen Government of India. The scholarship is admissible for only two children of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard.
- Duration of the PM Scholarship: Two to five years as approved by the concerned regulatory body for that programme. One year for B.Ed.
- A total number of 5500 scholarships will be allotted each year under the scheme.
Latest Update: PM Scholarship application process has started and the candidates have to fill the application form online.
PM Scholarship Merit List
List of Other PM Scholarships
Subscribe for Regular Updates of PM Scholarship
PM Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
||Students pursuing selected professional and technical undergraduate courses.
PM Scholarship scheme is open for following courses
- Students who have taken admission in 2017-18 academic session in a degree programme in BE, B Tech, BDS, MBBS, B Ed, BBA, BCA, B Pharma, etc. duly recognised by the respective Government regulatory bodies,such as All India Council for Technical Education, Medical Council of India,UGC etc.
- Integrated Courses: The Scholarship is restricted for Professional Degree Course only, such as B Ed but not for BA+B Ed, also for LLB not for BA+LLB. In the case of integrated ME / M Tech / M Pharma, the scholarship will be given for initial four years.
- List of eligible courses
The PM Scholarship scheme is open to following people
- The scheme is only open for widows and unmarried wards of ESM/widow. However, marriage/re-marriage at a subsequent date would not disqualify the awardees.
- Wards of Ex-servicemen and their widows (below officer rank)
- Wards of widows of Ex-servicemen died in harness due to causes attributed to military service
- Widows of Ex-servicemen died in harness
- The candidate irrespective of his marital status is eligible for PMSS. However, an earning / serving candidate is not eligible.
Academic Eligibility Criteria
- Student must have scored 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation.
||MEQ-Minimum Educational Qualification
||Class 12/ Diploma
Not eligible for PM Scholarship Scheme 2017-18
- Student studying abroad are not eligible for PM Scholarship Scheme.
- Students receiving a stipend for professional degree courses.
- Students pursuing studies through Distance Learning courses are not eligible
- Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA, MCA.
- Students of the second year of graduation are not eligible. Wards of Civilians including Para Military Personnel are NOT ELIGIBLE.
PM Scholarship Reward
PM Scholarship will be given to a total of 5500 students across the India, Amount of the scholarships are as follows.
||Scholarship Amount (Annually)
||Rs. 2000 per month
||Rs. 2250 per month
- PM scholarship will be given for a period of one to five years.
- The payment of scholarship will be granted after the successful completion of each academic year, as per the percentages mentioned in the academic requirement.
- The amount of scholarship including any other scholarship or financial assistance, from any other sources, will not exceed the total amount of scholarship available under this scheme.
Payment of Scholarship
- The first payment will be paid automatically just after the selection in the merit list of 5500 candidates. For subsequent payments, the candidate should submit the Payment cum Renewal Form along with a Bonafide Certificate for subsequent Payment of PMSS.
- The scholarship will be remitted in Bank Account Number (PNB / SBI only) which should be linked to Aadhaar Number of the selected student.
PM Scholarship Renewal
Applicants can renew their scholarship can apply for the renewal process by following the link given above, applicants have to attach the following documents for the renewal process:
- List of Documents required for renewal of scholarship scheme:
- Original ink signed Bonafide Certificate signed by Principal/Dean/ Registrar of the Institute / College as per Annexure-1 to be scanned and uploaded.
- Scan and upload the ‘Examination Passing Certificate’ duly signed by the candidate as per Annexure-2.
- Download the format of certificate related to linking of Aadhaar Number and upload the same after duly signed by Branch Manager (SBI / PNB only) as per Annexure-3.
- Scan and upload original mark sheets of both semesters / academic year issued by University.
- Scan and upload the first page of the Bank Pass Book or cancelled cheque leaf printed with Name and Account No of students duly linked with his / her Aadhaar No.
- Scan and upload your (student’s) Aadhaar Card showing your name and address etc.
PM Scholarship Application form and Process
Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme 2017-18 applications are to be filled and submitted online only. Applicants have to follow the steps and link given below to apply for the scholarship scheme.
Click to Register
- Applicants have to fill the registration details for the registration on the official website.No hard copy/paper application will not be entertained.
- They will have to enter their personal details as well as contact details in the spaces given.
- One candidate to submit only one application form for one course only.
- The applicants have to fill the registration form in one go only, they are advised to keep the following information in hand:
- Service Number of ESM
- Ex-Serviceman Id card
- Aadhar Card Number
- Bank details: Account No., Bank Name, Branch Name, Account No and IFSC Code.
Documents to be uploaded with PM Scholarship Application Form
- Specimen Copy of Ex-Servicemen / Ex-Coast Guard Certificate
(Annexure-1 of Application Form).
- Bonafide Certificate duly filled up correctly and signed by Principal/Dean/Registrar of the Institute / College as per annexure-2
- Certificate from his/her bank stating that Aadhaar Card of student linked with his / her bank account number as per annexure-3
- Matriculation Certificate duly self-attested for verifying the Date of Birth.
- Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) certificate as applicable. (10+2 Mark sheet / Graduation (mark sheets of 3 years) / Diploma (mark sheets of all semesters).
- 1st page of Bank Pass Book (PNB/SBI only) clearly showing name and A/c Number of Student.
- A copy of PPO and the following supporting documents in case of Category 1 to 5.
- Category 1: Part II Order Copy of POR in case of Air
- Category 2: Part II Order Force and Gen Form in
- Category 3: Part II Order case of Navy
- Category 4: Part II Order
- Category 5: (Award Certificate along with Gazette Notification)
Note: All the above-given documents are to be scanned and then uploaded, failure to which may lead to rejection of the application.
Practice Papers & Previous Year Solved Papers for NDA & NA:
1) Pathfinder for NDA & NA Entrance Examination 1st Edition
2) Chapterwise-Sectionwise Previous Year's Question of Mathematics, English, General Ability NDA/NA with Explanatory Solutions
PM Scholarship Selection Process
Prime Minister's Scholarship application will be shortlisted based on Ex- Servicemen/ Ex- Coast Guard Category and percentage of marks obtained in Class 12. The order of selection of candidates are given below serial wise:-
Category 1: Wards / Widows of ESM / Coast Guard personnel killed in action.
Category 2: Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard disabled in action and boarded out of service with disability attributable to Military /
Coast Guard service.
Category 3: Wards / Widows of ESM / Coast Guard personnel who died while in service for causes attributable to Military / Coast Guard service.
Category 4: Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard personnel disabled in service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard service.
Category 5: Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard in receipt of gallantry awards, irrespective of the rank. 4
Category 6: Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard (PBOR Only).
Courses Eligible for PM Scholarship
PM Scholarship Contact Details
Joint Director Training and Scholarship
Kendriya Sainik Board,
MOD, West Block-4, Wing-7, 2nd Floor
RK Puram, New Delhi-110066
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
DRDO Robotics Competition (DRUSE) 2017 is organized to give an open platform to simplify and collaborate the national talent in the areas of robo... Read More
PM Scholarship for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles is given by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA). The scholarship is given to encourage... Read More
AICTE Pragati Scholarship for Girls under PRAGATI Scheme has been launched by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). AICTE Scholarship wil... Read More
AICTE Saksham Scholarship 2017-18 for Differently Abled Persons under Saksham Scholarship Scheme has been launched by the Ministry of Human Resource D... Read More