The Oxford and Cambridge society of India scholarship (OCSI)
About Oxford & Cambridge Scholarships
- The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarships are part-cost awards for undergraduate, second undergraduate, graduate study and research in any subject available at the Universities of Cambridge and Oxford, UK.
- The oxford and Cambridge society of India (OCSI) Scholarship is applicable to following universities only
- University of Cambridge, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
- Some scholarships may be limited to one or the other university, or sometimes to specific colleges at the universities.
The Application process has been started and the last date to apply is April 30, 2016.
Number of awards
OCSI seeks to elect at least one OCSI Scholar annually.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Oxford & Cambridge Scholarships
Oxford & Cambridge Scholarships Eligibility Criteria
||Not more than 30 years of age as on September 1, 2016
- Nationality: Must be a citizen of India.
- Must be ordinarily resident in India
- Academic Qualification: Must be a graduate of an Indian university.
- Applicants who are expected to graduate in the year of the award are also eligible to apply for the awards
- Must have applied for and secured admission to study a full‐time course at the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford
- Candidates are required to present proof of admission before grant of the scholarship, and proof of having taking up residence at Cambridge or Oxford before the scholarships funds would be released
The Candidate must intend to pursue a course of study in one of the following
- Research leading to the Ph.D. degree
- One-year post‐graduate courses (e.g. M.Phil, LLM, Diploma, CASM or Part III Maths, MBA, PGCE etc.)
- Taught and research based Masters Programme of various durations (including M.Sc, engineering, medicine)
- Second Bachelors degree as an Affiliated Student/Senior Status o Bachelors degree programme
- Bachelors degree programme.
- Must be admitted to the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford through the University’s normal academic procedures
Candidates not eligible for OCSI scholarship
- Close family members of the Executive committee of the oxford and Cambridge society of India are not eligible to participate in the scholarship.
- Candidates who have already received such monetary support from other institution are not eligible.
Oxford & Cambridge Scholarships Reward
OCSI 2016 Reward
Following financial award of scholarships will be given through the Oxford and Cambridge society of India
- One OCSI scholarship worth INR 400,000 (Rupees Four Lac only) tenable at either the University of Cambridge or the University of Oxford.
- One scholarship worth INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lac only) tenable only at Emmanuel College, University of Cambridge.
- One scholarship worth INR 100,000 (Rupees One Lac only) tenable only at St. Hilda's College, University of Oxford.
Special Gift: The candidate will also be offered the Richard and Lydia Evans Bursary for a gifted Indian Dalit student to study at Gonville & Caius College, University of Cambridge (full funding for an undergraduate student).
- Financial award of scholarship
- Letter of support from OCSI for other scholarship awarding bodies.
- Assistance in fast-tracked education loan from an Indian financial institution, based on OCSI Scholarship letter, with automatic loan qualification status from a leading financial institution
- Complimentary life membership of the Oxford and Cambridge Society of India
- Mentoring, whereby a member of OCSI shall play the role of mentor and will support the OCSI during his/her stay at Oxford /Cambridge by giving appropriate guidance to the awardees.
- Assistance from OCSI in returning to India and reintegrating in the professional environment of India
Kindly Note: At least one scholarship is given annually, but the number and value of awards may vary per year.
Oxford & Cambridge Scholarships Application form and Process
OCSI 2016 Application Process
- Application forms: The application process for OCSI scholarships has been started. Candidates can click on the link to apply for OCSI application form>> Apply Now <<
- All completed applications must reach at the below-mentioned address by April 30, 2016:
Chair of the Scholarships Committee,
The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India,
20 A, Palam Marg,
Oxford & Cambridge Scholarships Selection Process
OCSI 2016 Selection Process
- The announcement about the scholarship will be sent to the universities of Oxford and Cambridge, the British council and a designated list of Indian colleges by February 2016.
- The short-listed candidates shall be informed by May 15, 2016, and later called for interview by the third week of June 2016.
- The decision of the OCSI Scholarship Committee on the short-listing and selection of candidates shall be final.
- All short-listed candidates will be required to physically attend an interview with the OCSI scholarship committee at a designated venue in New Delhi, usually in or just before the first week of June
- The final award offer may be made to selected candidates within two weeks of the scholarship interviews being held.
- No travelling allowance will be paid to the candidates shortlisted for interview for coming to Delhi.
- Award will normally be made to the selected candidates by the end of June 2016
Oxford & Cambridge Scholarships Address
The Oxford & Cambridge Society of India,
20A, Palam Marg,
Oxford & Cambridge Scholarships Contact Details
UNU-ISP scholarship is for admission into Master of Science and PhD in Sustainability Science Programme at Tokyo.UNU is an international academic inst... Read More
Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship 2017-18 is a study abroad scholarship and is granted to graduate Indian Women to pursue their Ma... Read More
Internship with Ministry of Women and Child Development 2017 - Ministry of Women and Child Development is inviting young students/ scholars for the sh... Read More
ACST Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams and fo... Read More