NSEP 2016 - Physics Olympiad
National Standard Examination in Physics (NSEP), conducted by Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT) is the first step for the worldwide Olympiad in Physics. The 47th International Physics Olympiad was organised in Zurich, Switzerland in July 2016.
- On qualifying NSEP 2016, eligible students will be able to participate in the Indian National Physics Olympiad (A qualifying stage of International Physics Olympiad).
- This examination is conducted every year since 1987 and today, more than 40,000 students at over 1200 centres across the nation appear in NSEP every year.
- NSEP is carried out in English, Hindi and a few other Indian Languages.
- NSEP 2016 Exam Date: November 27, 2016
Latest Update: NSEP 2016 Result has been declared for the exam that was conducted on 27 November 2016. Scroll Down below to check their Result. Scroll Down below to check the Result. INO Physics exam date has been declared. The exam will be conducted on 29 January 2017.
NSEP Answer Keys
Subscribe for Regular Updates of NSEP
NSEP Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
|| up to class 12
- Age: Applicants of NSEP 2016-17 should be born on or after July 1, 1996.
- Applicants should be in class 12 or lower as of November 30, 2016.
Not Eligible to participate in NSEP 2016
- Students those who have passed class 12 are not eligible for NSEP 201-16.
- Applicants on qualifying NSEP 2016-17 will be able to participate in the Indian National Olympiad in Physics (A qualifying exam for participation in the International Olympiad in Physics)
- For NSEP 2016-17, State wise quota for selection of awardees has been predefined.
Other Awards & certificates:
- Certificates will be given to top 10% students of each centre (List of centres is available in the ‘Application Mode & Process Section’)
- Merit certificates will be given to top 1% student in each subject
- Special Merit Certificate and a book to National top 1% students
- Top 35 students will receive Gold Medals
Note: Gold medalists in NSEP, after completing their education, may join DAE
(Department of Atomic Energy) directly through an interview without appearing in their entrance test.
NSEP Application form and Process
Students can enrol themselves through their respective school/college registered as NSEP Exam centres given below in the list.
Enroll For NSEP (The Physics Olympiad)
Registration Fee for NSEP 2016: Rs.100
The registration fee is to be deposited at the NSEs centre at the time of registration.No money should be sent to the IAPT office.
NSEP Selection Process
Candidates are shortlisted based on marks obtained in the NSEP Examination by the candidate. More the marks obtained by the candidates more will be their probability of being selected.
NSEP Result 2016 has been declared for the exam that was conducted on 27 November 2016. A total of 348 students got selected in the exam.
Click Here to check NSEP Result
NSEP 2016-17 Syllabus & Pattern
Syllabus for NSEP is broadly equivalent to the CBSE Physics of the senior secondary level i.e. class 11th and 12th.
- The NSEP question paper will consist of 50 Multi Choice questions out of which .40 questions will have the only one correct option as answers and 10 questions will have one or more than one correct options as answers.
- There will be negative marking for the wrong answers.
NSEP 2016-2017 - Schedule
|Date of Examination
|November 27, 2016
||8:30 AM to 10:30 AM
Previous year question papers and solutions
Note: Set of previous four years Question Papers and solutions can be purchased by paying a DD of Rs. 100 in favor of IAPT, payable at Kanpur to
Indian Association of Physics Teachers,
L-117/302, Naveen Nagar,
Tel: 0512-2500075, 09935432990
61, Sheelavihar Colony, 7, Heramb co-op. Hsg. Society,
Karve road, Kothrud
Pune Maharashtra 411038 India
NSEP Contact Details
Phone: 91-20-25420163 / 20252754
Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship invites applications from researchers in the field of Social Science who are targeting South Asia. It will be 8 months paid ... Read More
Science without Border Challenge is an annual Art Competition which aims to motivate students to be a part of protection and conservation of world&rsq... Read More
Lok Sabha Internship Programme is aimed to provide an opportunity to young talent in the country with outstanding academic credentials for i... Read More
The fountainhead essay competition is one of the three competitions conducted by Ayn Rand education.
The student has to write an essay on any of ... Read More