National Painting Competition 2016 for school children on Energy Conservation
Last date to apply
September 30, 2016 Extended to Oct 24, 2016
About National Level Painting Competition
BEE National Painting Competition 2016 for school children is conducted by Bureau of Energy Efficiency.
- The Ministry of Power has launched the National Awareness Campaign in order to promote energy conservation in the country and as a part of it the Ministry organises a National Level Painting Competition on a theme related to the environment so as to spread awareness among the children about clean and green environment.
- The objective of the painting competition is to make children aware about the need of conserving energy and at the same time educate and involve parents in this activity.Close to 31 Lac children and 72 thousand schools have participated in the painting competition in 2012.
National Level Painting Competition Important Dates 2016
|School Level Painting Competition
||To be conducted Before Oct 24, 2016
|School Level selected paintings to reach
state/UT nodal officer
|By Oct 24, 2016
|State Level Painting Competition to be held on
||November 9, 2016
|National Level Painting Competition in Delhi on for Category A Students
||December 12, 2016
|Prize Distribution for National Level Competition
- The first prize of Rs. 1 lac to be won in each category.
|December 14, 2016 i.e. National Energy Conservation Day
Theme for National Level Painting Competition 2016
The student can choose any one of these topics according to their category:
Save a watt to save a lot
Aao Milkar bijli bachaye,
pragati k bhagi ban paaye
Be aware, use energy with care
Energy Conservation, a smart step towards Smart cities
Reduce Carbon Footprint
|Save the Polar, Go Solar
Subscribe for Regular Updates of National Level Painting Competition
National Level Painting Competition Eligibility Criteria
||All India and schools located outside India having affiliation with Indian School Education Board
|| Class 4 to 9
- 1st ,2nd, 3rd Prize winners of State level painting competition of Category ‘A’ of the last 2 years (2014 & 2015) are not eligible to participate in this year competition.
- 1st ,2nd, 3rd Prize winners of State/UT level painting competition of Category ‘B of the last year (2014) are not eligible to participate in this year competition.
- The Consolation Prize winners of State/UT level Painting Competition of Category A & B may participate, but they would be considered for prizes only if they win 1st /2nd/ 3rd Prize at the State level.
- There will be two categories for participation
- Category A: Class 4-6
- Category B: Class 7-9
National Level Painting Competition Reward
All participants will be issued certificate of Participation
- The prizes will be given as below
| 1st Prize
|| 2nd Prize
|| 3rd Prize
|| Consolation Prize
|State Level Competition (For Category A and B)
|| Rs. 10,000
||Rs. 5000 each( 10 nos.)
|National Level Competition: Category A (Class 4-6)
| Rs. 25,000
|Rs. 10,000 each (10 nos.)
BEE Prizes Rs. 10,000 each (10 nos.)
|National Level Competition: Category B (Class 7-9)
| Rs. 25,000
|Rs. 10,000 each (6 nos.)
Other benefits to State level participants:
- Each participating student at the state level will be given Rs. 1,000 cash by the nodal officer & a certificate.
- Transportation reimbursement: Reimbursement of sleeper AC Chair Car class/3rd AC rail-fare/ State Roadways bus fare from the shortest route for self and two guardians for Category A and self and one guardian for Category B.
- Refreshments would also be provided on day of competition.
Other benefits to national level participants:
- Each participating student at the National level will be given Rs. 1,000 cash by the nodal officer& a certificate.
- Boarding & Lodging, to & fro sleeper class / AC Chair Car / 3rd AC rail-fare or State Roadways bus fare by the shortest route for 108 participants and two guardians of Category ‘A’ and 12 winners of Category ‘B’ along with one guardian per participant will be reimbursed.
For schools located outside India:
- 1st Prize Amount in Rs Equivalent to USD 500
- 2nd Prize Amount in Rs Equivalent to USD 300
- 3rd Prize Amount in Rs Equivalent to USD 200
Schools with 100% Participation:
Name of Schools who have recorded 100% participation will be published in the booklet prepared by BEE.
National Level Painting Competition Application form and Process
- The participation in the national level competition will be started with the school level painting competition.The student can participate only through school and no individual participation would be there.
- There is no participation fees for the painting competition
Painting Competition at the School Level
- The school has to conduct a 2 hours painting competition for class 4-6 under category A and class 7-9 under category B. The school then has to select 2 best paintings each from Category A and B.
- The paintings have to be sent through school and duly signed by the principals and should reach the state nodal officer by October 24, 2016
- Paintings are to be sent only at the address of respective Nodal Official of the State/UT and not on the addresses of Ministry of Power and Bureau of Energy Efficiency.
- The entry can be poster or a painting. Use of Collage/Patchwork is not permitted at any level of the competition.
- The following particular must be written on the backside of the painting
Father’s /mother’s name
School name with postal address
Govt. School in rural area(Write Yes/No)
School Tel No. / mobile number
Sign of school principal
For schools located outside India:
These schools are requested to send two best paintings directly under Category A along with the details as mentioned above, at the given address;
The Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
Sewa Bhawan, R.K. Puram, Sector-1,
New Delhi-110066 (INDIA)
National Level Painting Competition Selection Process
Criteria for evaluation of the painting at the school level
i. Relevance of the theme depicting the selected topics.
ii. Execution of concept/theme.
iii. Overall visual appeal, handling of given space and use of appropriate colour combination.
Criteria for evaluation of the painting at the state level
- Jury comprising of 5 to 7 renowned persons in Art, drawing teachers, officials from organizers and State government education department will be constituted by the Nodal officials for selecting the entries at state level.
- The jury will select up to 50 best paintings plus 5 reserves each for Categories ‘A and B’ out of the total numbers of the paintings sent by the respective School Principal of the State/UT.
- The list of 50 selected students from each Category eligible for participation at state level painting competition will be uploaded on www.energymanagertraining.com & www.bee-india-nic.in latest by November 9, 2016
- The selected students will be called for 2 hours on the spot painting competition to be held on November 9, 2016
- The competition will conclude for category B at the state level only. The first 3 winners will be selected for their evaluation at national level.
Criteria for evaluation of the painting at National level
- First 3 winners of category A of state level from each state will be invited to Delhi to compete at national level
- Three 3 winners of category of category B will be evaluated at Delhi
National Level Competition Date- December 12, 2016
The participating students at the National level painting competition will be requested to stay back till December 14, 2016 so that they can participate in the National Energy Conservation Day function and winning students can receive the prizes from the Chief Guest.
National Level Painting Competition Address
Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE)
(Ministry of Power, Govt of India)
4th Floor, Sewa Bhawan, R.K Puram
New Delhi - 110066
National Level Painting Competition Contact Details
Phone: 011- 26179699
Fax number: 011-26178328/52
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme 2017-18 is organised by the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation. The foundation awards interest-free loan scholarship... Read More
The Anthem Essay competition is one of the three essay writing competitions conducted by AYN Rand Education.The student has to write an essay on any o... Read More
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is offered by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in partnership with UK Universities undertake Master Level St... Read More
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship 2017 offers scholarships to people from developing countries who are motivated to make a difference at home.... Read More