National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students
Manipal Institute of Technology Admission 2018 Apply Now
Scholarships for School Students (No Application Fee) Apply Now
About National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students
National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students 2017 is is the Central Sector Scheme provided by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs that will provide 100% funding for the scheme. This has emerged as the whole new merger scholarship scheme out of the two former scholarship schemes i.e. "Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) for ST students" and "Top Class Education for ST Students" so as to ease the application and award disbursement process. The application form for the National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students are available on the National Scholarship Portal. Under the name of the scholarship-cum-fellowship Scheme, “Fellowship” is intended to cover the scholarship provided under Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF), the “Scholarship” is intended to cover the Top Class Education.
||Till the completion of the course
- MPhil - 2 years (JRF)
- Ph.D - 2 years (JRF) + 3 Year (SRF)
- M.Phil+Ph.D - 2 years (JRF) + 3 Year (SRF)
SC-ST Scholarship for Students 2017
Subscribe for Regular Updates of National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students
National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students Eligibility Criteria
|| Graduation & Post Graduation Students
- Candidates belonging to the ST category must have passed the Post Graduation Examination.
- The candidate should get admission and registration for regular and full-time M.Phil/PhD Courses in University / Academic Institutions recognized by UGC under Section 2 (f) of the UGC Act / ICAR by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institution.
- Candidates must have a valid Aadhar Card, if not, then those students have to apply for the Aadhar enrollment from within the month of the registration to the scholarship/fellowship scheme.
For Scholarship Scheme
- ST students who have secured admission in the notified Institutions according to the norms prescribed by the respective Institutions will be eligible for the scholarship under the scheme.
- The total family income of the candidate to be eligible for this scholarship from all sources should not exceed Rs.4.50 lakh per annum.
- The scholarship will become payable immediately after a student has secured admission and has started attending the classes.
- The scholarship awarded, will continue until the completion of the course, subject to satisfactory performance of the student.
- Candidates must have a valid Aadhar Card, if not, then those students have to apply for the Aadhar enrollment from within the month of the registration to the scholarship/fellowship scheme
National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students Reward
For National Fellowship
The rate of Fellowship for JRF and SRF will be at par with the UGC/ICAR Fellowships as the case may be as amended from time to time. In addition, HRA will be paid as per UGC norms and for physically/visually handicapped candidates, escorts/reader assistants will be given at the prescribed rate.
|Fellowship in Science, Humanities and
|@ Rs. 25,000/- p.m. for initial two years (JRF)
@ Rs. 28,000/- p.m. for remaining tenure (SRF)
|Fellowship in Engineering
|@ Rs. 25,000 p.m. for initial two years (JRF)
@ Rs. 28,000 p.m. for remaining tenure (SRF)
|Contingency for Humanities
& Social Sciences
|@ Rs.10,000 p.a. for initial two years
@ Rs.20,500 p.a. for remaining tenure
|Contingency for Sciences, Engineering & Technology
||@ Rs. 12,000 p.a. for initial two years
@ Rs. 25,000 p.a. for remaining tenure
|@ Rs.3,000 p.a. per student to the host institution for providing infrastructure
|Escorts / Reader assistance
|@ Rs.2,000 p.m. in cases of physically and visually handicapped candidates
For Scholarship for ST Students
The students will be awarded as per the rules are given below. Payment of the Fellowship/Scholarship amount of the scheme for STs would be made through the system of Direct Benefit Transfer through the Aadhaar Payment Bridge into the Aadhaar seeded bank a/c of the beneficiaries from the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Full tuition fee and other non-refundable dues in respect of Government/Government-funded institutions. However, there will be a ceiling of Rs.2.00 lakhs per annum per student for private sector institutions.
- Living expenses will be provided as per actuals subject to the maximum ceiling of Rs. 2200 per month per student.
- Books and stationery @ Rs.3000 per annum per student
- Cost of the latest computer along with its accessories limited to Rs.45,000 as one-time assistance during the course.
National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students Application form and Process
All the application for the National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students will be accepted through the National Scholarship Portal only. The candidates are required to fill and submit the application form by following the link given below. The National Scholarship Portal facilitates the online filling of Government scholarships and direct benefit of transfer to the students. To avail these government scholarships, the student has to first register through the Student Login Panel and then fill in their academic and other details in the common application form and after that, all the scholarships for which they are eligible will be listed for them. The last date to apply for the scholarship scheme is 31 October 2017.
National Scholarship Application Form - Apply Online Here
Courses Covered Under National Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students
Scholarship covers courses at Graduate/Post Graduate Level in identified Institutions of excellence, Government and Private in professional fields such as
|Veterinary & Animal Research
||Master in Statistics
||Tourism and Travel Management
||Commercial Pilot License Training
|Studies/Courses dealing with various disabilities
|| Fine Art
|| Sound Recording & Sound Design,
||Art Direction and Production Design
||Journalism and Advertisement & PR
||Tribal Art & Craft
||Tribal Tradition & Culture and Tribal Dance
National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students Selection Process
The candidates will be selected as per the merit after the submission of the online application. There will be 1000 Scholarships and 750 fellowships for the eligible candidates, The selection process is given below in the steps.
STEP 1: The application form submitted by the candidates will be cross verified by their respective Universities and Institutes.
STEP 2: The listed below credentials of the candidates will be verified:
- Scheduled Tribe, Certificate issued by the competent authority
- PVTG, BPL certificate issued by the competent authority.
- Certificate to the effect that the total family income from all sources shall not exceed Rs 4.5 lakh per annum in the case of Scholarships.
- Amount of full Annual tuition fee and other nonrefundable dues payable by the candidate to the Institute in the case of Scholarships.
STEP 3: The scholarship/fellowship schemes will be based on the first come first serve basis in case the total applications exceed the number of awards to be disbursed. The inter se merit will be based on the percentage of marks obtained in the last qualifying examination prescribed for the admission to the course under Fellowships/Scholarship.
STEP 4: The merit list of the shortlisted candidates will be auto-generated and displayed on the portal.
STEP 5: Candidates who are included in the merit list but not selected for the award of Fellowship/Scholarship shall be eligible for the Post-Matric Scholarship (PMS) administered by this Ministry as a centrally sponsored scheme, provided such students are otherwise eligible for the said scheme.
Post Matric Scholarship for ST Candidates
National Fellowship & Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students Contact Details
Ministry of Tribal Affairs
Ground floor, 'D' wing, Shastri Bhawan,
ACST 2018 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance ex... Read More
Indian Engineering Olympiad (IEO) 2018 is a National Level Exam that offers a real test of engineering skills for the students in various fields of en... Read More
Dr Radhakrishnan HPBOSE Scholarship merit cum means scholarship is awarded annually to the selected candidates. Every year, Himachal Pr... Read More
UGC Scholarship for University Rank Holders is offered by UGC with the help of Ministry of Human Resource and Development for the 1st and 2nd rank hol... Read More