MEXT Scholarship for Higher Studies in Japan
About MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan
- Japanese Government invites applications from Indian national who want to pursue their Higher education i.e. post graduation, doctoral or research study in Japan.
- The candidates willing to apply for the scholarship need to make online application on the official website of Ministry of Human Resource Development on or before May 24, 2015.
- Japanese embassy will shortlist the candidates initially by conducting a written examination and the successful candidates will be recommended to MEXT for the scholarship. MEXT will conduct the final selection of the candidates.
- The scholarship includes 6 months education in the Japanese language and other subjects which will be provided after the scholar’s arrival in Japan.
The Scholarship is available for the following subjects:
- Japanese Language & Literature
- Japanese Studies
- Environmental Science
- Aerospace Engineering
- Civil Engineering / Earthquake Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Information Technology/ Optical Fiber communication
- Physics/Laser Technology
- Material Science / Engineering
- Quality & Reliability Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering / Robotics
Subscribe for Regular Updates of MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan
MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
||Graduate or Post-Graduate
- Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- Age: The applicant must be born on or after April 2, 1981 i.e. should be younger than 35 years.
- Academic Qualification: The candidates must have completed their graduation or post-graduation in relevant subject by regular college.
- Minimum Marks: The applicant must have scored at least 65 % marks in their last degree.
- Additional Scores: In case of applicant interested in Management courses he should also possess minimum GMA T score of 650 or CAT score of 95 percentile while making the application.
- Health Status: Candidate must be in sound health so that they can be productive during their study in Japan.
Not eligible for the Scholarship
- Candidates who possess dual nationality at the time of arrival to Japan and are not willing to give up Japanese nationality.
- Candidates who are military personnel or military civilian employee at the time of arrival at japan.
- Candidates who have received the MEXT scholarship.
MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan Reward
MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan Rewards
The scholars selected for the scholarship will get the following benefits:
- Allowance: The selected scholars will receive monthly stipend depending upon the course selected by them. The details are as follow:
- Research Students (non-regular students): 143,000 Yen approximately 76,300 Indian Rupees.
- Regular Students in Master's courses or Professional Graduate Courses: 144,000 Yen approximately 76,900 Indian Rupees.
- Regular students in Doctoral Courses: 145,000 Yen approximately 77,400 India Rupees.
Note: The scholars who are researching in any particular field will get additional 2000-3000 yen (approximately 1000-1600 Indian Rupees)
- Travel Allowance/ AIr Fare: The scholars will be entitled for economy class to and fro return fare subjected to the conditions of extension of stay in Japan and other rules applicable.
- Fee: Tuition Fee, fee for entrance examination and matriculation will be paid by the Government of Japan.
- Preparatory Education: The scholarship includes 6 months preparatory education in the Japanese language and other subjects which will be provided after the scholar’s arrival in Japan.
- Duration of the Scholarship: The period of the scholarship will be of 2 years if the course starts in April 2016 and one and a half year in case of course starting from October 2016, which can be extended under certain conditions.
MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan Application form and Process
MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan Rewards Application Process
The candidates who are interested in making application for the MEXT Scholarship, need to visit the scholarship portal named as SAKSHAT available on the official website of MHRD. Candidates need to register there and complete the online application process. The details of the process are as follow:
- Mode of application: The applications will be made online only. Interested candidates can visit the scholarship portal of MHRD to enroll in the application process. >> Click here to visit the application portal.
- Documents to be attached: The following documents are required to be uploaded at the website in order to complete the application process:
- Self-attested copy of qualifying exam’s mark sheet
- Self-attested copy of Date of Birth Certificate
- Self-attested copies of all other education related documents, such as certificates, diploma and degrees.
- In case grades are mentioned, the applicant must upload the conversion formula adopted by university for the purpose of grading.
- Self-attested copy of N2 or higher Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
- Submission of Application: Applicants just need to complete the online application process to complete the application. There is no need for any printed documents to be sent to the Ministry.
MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan Selection Process
MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan Rewards Selection Process
There will be 3 stages involved in the selection process.
- Screening of the Application Form: Initially the applications received will be screened on the basis of the documents attached with application.
- Written Examination: The second stage will be the written exam conducted by The Japanese Diplomatic Mission. All the candidates will have to appear in The Japanese and The English language examinations. The best score obtained in either Japanese or English will be considered as the score of written examination.
- Those candidates who were unable to perform up to the required standards will not be called for interview stage.
- Interview: Third stage is the interview by MHRD and Japanese Embassy. The candidates shortlisted on the basis of the written examination will be first interviewed by MHRD expert panel consisting of experts from different and then recommended candidates will be interviewed by the Japanese Embassies.
- Up to 30 recommendations can be made for a maximum of 30 applicants.
MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan Address
Ministry of Human Resource Development
Shastri Bhavan,(2) Jeevan Deep Building,
Parliament Street & (3) West Block No.1,
MEXT Scholarship for Higher Study in Japan Contact Details
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme 2017-18 is organised by the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation. The foundation awards interest-free loan scholarship... Read More
The Anthem Essay competition is one of the three essay writing competitions conducted by AYN Rand Education.The student has to write an essay on any o... Read More
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is offered by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in partnership with UK Universities undertake Master Level St... Read More
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship 2017 offers scholarships to people from developing countries who are motivated to make a difference at home.... Read More