Maths Talent Search Examination - IISMA
MTSE is a mathematics skill and mental ability based competitive exam which is conducted by IISMA since 2007.The focus of Maths Talent Search Exam is on mathematical reasoning, mental ability, novel approach, concepts, accuracy, and speed. MTSE is conducted in English.The Maths Talent Search Exam 2017 will be scheduled on January 29, 2017.Last year Maths Talent Search Exam was conducted in 83 centres all over the country.
MTSE IISMA Important Dates 2017
|Last date to Register
||November 15, 2016
Extended to November 25, 2016
|MTSE Admit Card
||January 24, 2017
|MTSE Exam Date
||January 29, 2017
|MTSE Result Declaration
||April 30, 2017
|Distribution of Marksheet by the Schools
||By June 30, 2017
Indian Institute for Studies in Mathematics
IISMA is an organisation entirely devoted to the promotion of mathematics at all levels.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of MTSE
MTSE Eligibility Criteria
||Class 3,4,5,6,7, 8 and 9 from CBSE, ICSE, IB and State Board
||A student can appear only for the class in which he/she is studying during the academic year.
The top 5 rank holders of each class are awarded mementoes and cash prize as follows:
- 1st prize in each class of Rs. 2500
- 2nd Prize in each class of Rs. 2000
- 3rd Prize in each class of Rs. 1500
- 4th Prize in each class of Rs. 1250
- 5th Prize in each class of Rs. 1000
The other Rank Holders from 6th to 200th will be given the following Prize Money:
- 6th to 10th: Rs 750 Each
- 11th to 20th: Rs 400 Each
- 21st to 35th: Rs 300 Each
- 36th to 55th: Rs 250 Each
- 56th to 80th: Rs 225 Each
- 81st to 110th: Rs 200 Each
- 111th to 150th: Rs 175 Each
- 151st to 200th: Rs 150 Each
- The top 200 successful students from each class are awarded a Certificate of Merit and Cash prizes worth more than Rs. 3.5 lacs.
- A Certificate of Participation is awarded to all other students writing the examination
MTSE Application form and Process
Maths Talent Search Exam 2017 registration will only be done online; there is no offline registration process. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Step 1- Registration: The application form is to be filled online and to fill the form candidates are required to use their email id, name, and password. A verification code will be sent to the provided email id, and candidates can proceed with filling the application form after verifying their email ids.
- Step 2- Application form: Once the verification of the email id has been done candidates can log-in to their account and complete the application form by filling details related to the candidate and their academic qualification.
- Step 3- Payment: To complete the application process candidates are required to make a payment of Rs. 250. The payment has to be made online, and credit card, debit card or net banking can be used for completing the payment.
MTSE Registration fees
There is a registration fee of Rs. 250 for taking Maths Talent Search Exam 2017.
MTSE Admit Card/ Hall Ticket 2017
Maths Talent Search Exam 2017 Admit card will be made available ten days before the Maths Talent Search Exam 2017 Exam, and it will include the Name of the Examination Centre and the seat number.
MTSE Test Centres
Last year Maths Talent Search Exam was conducted in 83 town/ cities all over the country and out of that 41 test centres were in Maharashtra, 8 in Kerala, 6 in Karnataka & Uttar Pradesh each, Delhi, Chandigarh and Kolkata were also the test centres.
Submission of MTSE Application Form
The candidate need not send any printout of the application form to complete the application process. They need to submit the Application Form Online Only.
MTSE Selection Process
Maths Talent Search Exam will be conducted on January 29, 2017
The marks obtained in the exam is the basis for selection.
MTSE Exam Pattern
- MTSE Question paper will consist of 50 objective questions and it would be a Multiple Choice Question exam such that each question will have 4 alternatives.
- Duration of Exam- 90 minutes
- Students have to answer the Maths Talent Search Examination on an OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) answer sheet.
- The correct answer is awarded 2 marks.
- For all other classes, there is a penalty of 0.5 marks for every wrong answer marked in Maths Talent Search Examination - MTSE.
- There is no Negative marking for Class 3 & 4 students.
MTSE Result 2017
- Maths Talent Search Examination Result will be declared online on April 30, 2017.
- MTSE Marks Verification- In case the student is not happy with the marks and feels that there is some discrepancy then the student has to send the Filled form with a DD of Rs. 100 drawn in favour of "Indian Institute for Studies in Mathematics"
MTSE Contact Details
Indian Institute for Studies in Mathematics
11, Arihant Mansion, 1st Floor, Opp- Bhat Bazar Fuvara, 29, Keshavji Nayak Road, Bhat Bazar, Masjid (W), Mumbai - 400 009
Phone: (022) 66355150, 9869605839
Amar Ujala Lakshya Scholarship 2017 is an initiative under the Corporate Social Responsibility by Amar Ujala Foundation to provide financial support t... Read More
3M Young Innovators Challenge 2017 continues with its second generation innovators award program where they seek to find ideas and new projects f... Read More
Scroll Video Story Contest is a video contest on the theme It Happens Only in India. It is jointly organised by Scroll.in and Deutsche Welle (DW)... Read More
RD Sethna Scholarship is one of the oldest Scholarship which was started in the year 1938.Rd Sethna Scholarship Fund aims at granting loan scholarship... Read More