JSK Journalism Fellowship 2017
About JSK Journalism Fellowship
JSK Journalism Fellowships are being offered by Stanford University, California, the USA to Journalists from all over the world. The application process is online and the last date to apply for the scholarship is December 01, 2016.
- No college degree is required to be eligible for JSK Journalism Fellowship.
- To apply for the scholarship, the candidate should have minimum experience of 5 years along with achievements.
- The JSK Journalism Fellowships are offered for a period of 10 months and to 20 fellows.
- The selected candidates will get stipend worth 75,000 USD (Approx. INR. 50,00,000) along with Miscellaneous Allowance worth 95000 USD to 143,000 USD (Approx. INR 63 lakh to 95 lakh).
- NABJ and AllDigitocracy have created a Google Hangout that has all the current and former JSK Fellows. The aspirants can access video clips and a transcript of the session from the same.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of JSK Journalism Fellowship
JSK Journalism Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
||No specific requirements
- Nationality: The JSK Journalism Fellowships are available of citizens of the USA along with international applicants.
- Academic Qualification: There no restriction of any college degree.
- Experience: The USA Applicants must have an experience of atleast 7 years and International applicants need to have minimum experience of 5 years.
- Candidates with less experience will also be accepted based on their outstanding achievements.
- Professional Background: The applicant should belong to any of thebelow-mentioned categories:
- Journalists employed by a news organization or working as Journalism freelancers
- Journalism entrepreneurs and innovators
- Journalism business and management executives
JSK Journalism Fellowship Reward
The JSK Journalism Fellowship provides benefits not only to the selected fellow but also to their families. The details of fellowship are as follow:
- Duration of the Fellowship: The fellowship is available for a period of 10 months.
- The number of awards: JSK Journalism Fellowships are offered to 20 candidates from USA & other countries.
- Stipend: The candidates selected for the fellowship will get stipend worth 75,000 USD (Approx. INR. 50,00,000).
- Miscellaneous Allowance: The candidate will be given additional funds to cope up with expenses such as housing, health insurance, child care etc. The amount may vary from 95,000 USD to 143,000 USD (Approx. INR 63 lakh to 95 lakh) as per the needs of the fellow.
- Other benefits: Other than the above-mentioned benefits some additional benefits are there for the dependent of the fellow:
- Access to some of the world’s most innovative thinkers and organisations, ranging from the Technology Giants to Hot New Startups to Stanford’s 100-plus special institutes and centre.
- Fellows can join classes taught by top-notch Stanford professors and instructors in a wide range of specialities.
- Fellows and partners are eligible to take classes and attend fellowship seminars just as the fellows do.
- Spouses and partners are eligible to take classes and attend fellowship seminars just as the fellows do.
- Fellows’ children can attend excellent Palo Alto-area schools and are included in some special fellowship social activities
JSK Journalism Fellowship Application form and Process
The application process for JSK Journalism Fellowships is completely online so applicants are required to visit their official website to complete the application process. The details related to application process are:
- Application Form: The application form is to be filled using the website of JSK Journalism Fellowship.
Click Here to Apply Online
- Registration & activation of account: The applicant is required to use their email id and register their account with the same. Once the registration is done, an applicant will receive a mail with an activation link to activate the registered account.
- Filling the application form: The candidates will be asked to enter some details related to themselves, their professional experience and a few examples of their work and answer some questions such as:
- Journalism Challenge: We will ask you to identify a challenge facing journalism, explain why you believe it is important and why you want to explore and test ideas for responding to the challenge. We don’t expect you to already have the answers or solutions — that’s what you’ll pursue during your fellowship! But we want to know how you would plan to approach the exploration of your challenge and what you would hope to have accomplished by the end of your fellowship year.
- Journalistic Autobiography: Tell us how you became a journalist, what keeps you motivated and what you’d like to accomplish in the future. What intellectual and social values shape your journalism? What life experiences have contributed to your journalism? Give an example of a time when you’ve shown leadership and an example of your ability to work well with others. Word limit: 2000.
- Letter of Recommendation: The applicants are required to provide contact details of 3 references, who are well aware of the applicant and his/her work. The Letter of Recommendation will be submitted using the online application system.
- Five Topics: The Applicants must answer their Questions using any of the five topics that includes themes ranging from data Journalism, algorithms, and emerging technologies to free speech and democracy; audience engagement and diverse viewpoints as well as news ecosystems and business models.
Submission of JSK Journalism Fellowship Application Form
The applicants must submit the duly filled in JSK Fellowship Application Form Online only along with three letters of recommendation.
JSK Journalism Fellowship Address
John S. Knight Journalism Fellowships
450 Serra Mall
Building 120, Room 422
Stanford, CA 94305-2050
JSK Journalism Fellowship Contact Details
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More
India Post Independence Day Photography Competition 2017 on Independence Day 2017 is conducted by India Post. Those people who have an interest i... Read More
Pre RMO 2017 (PRE Regional Mathematical Olympiad) is a Mathematical Olympiad conducted for the 25 regions of India and the shortlisted candidates are ... Read More
INSEAD MBA Scholarship is for candidates who have secured admission in MBA Program or are in the process of the personal interview for the INSEAD Asia... Read More