Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships for Doctoral Studies 2016
About Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies is organised by the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund (JNMF) and was earlier known as ‘Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships for Post-graduate Studies in India and abroad’. It was launched in 1994 with a corpus fund of Rs 7 crores.
The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund was launched by an 110-member committee headed by Dr. D. Radhakrishnan on August 17, 1964, in salutation to Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.Data shows that 620 Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships for Doctoral Studies have been awarded till 2013.
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies 2016 is available for students of India and other Asian countries to pursue Ph.D. studies in India in the following fields of education:
- Indian History & Civilisation
- Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
- Ecology & Environment
- The scholarship is provided for a period of two years.The last date to submit the application form for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies 2016 is May 31, 2016.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Eligibility Criteria
||Asian Countries including India
||Completed post graduation with maximum 35 years of age.
- Must be an Indian national or a national of any other Asian country.
- Age Limit: Must be maximum 35 years of age while applying for the scholarship.
- Academic Qualifications:
- Must have completed Post-graduation with First Class and secured minimum 60% marks.
- Must be registered for a Ph.D. programme in a recognised university in India. Those who have not yet applied for admission for Ph.D. are NOT eligible to apply
- Must be a full-time Ph.D. scholar.
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Reward
- Tuition Fee & Maintenance Allowance: The scholars will receive Rs 12,000 per month for tuition fee and maintenance allowance.
- Contingency Grant: Students will also receive an annual contingency grant of Rs 15,000 per annum for expenses like study tours within India, stationery, books, etc.
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Application form and Process
Students applying for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship are required to download Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies 2016 Application Form from the official website.>> Download Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship Application Form
The last date to apply is May 31, 2016.
Guidelines to fill the Application Form
- Download the Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies 2016 Application Form from the official website of Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund.
- The Application Form is in PDF format.
- Read the details and instructions carefully before filling up the application form.
Steps to fill the Application Form
- Candidates must fill the academic and personal details carefully and correctly.
- Provide the details of other sources of funding (if any).
- Save the file and take a print out of the application form.
- Candidates must affix their recent passport photoon the space provided in the application form.
Application fee: Rs 100
Submission of the Application Form
- Send a hard copy of the application form along with a demand draft of Rs 100 issued in favour of “Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund” payable at New Delhi to the following address:
Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund,
Teen Murti House,
New Delhi-110 011
Attach the following documents along with the application form and DD:
- A synopsis with a maximum limit of 1500 words or about 4 pages in double-spaced.
- Supervisor/Guide’s report (OR) University Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report.
- No entries are to be sent via e-mail. Only hard copies sent via post will be accepted.
- Note: The documents must be attached in the following series:Incomplete and unsigned forms will be rejected.
- Application Form with the affixed passport photo
- Report by the Guide/Monitoring Committee.
- Demand Draft
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Selection Process
- Interview: The Selection Committee will prepare the list of shortlisted candidates and call them for the interview round which will be held in early December/ January.
- Students who are selected in the interview round will be granted the scholarship.
- The decision of the committee will be final and binding.
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Address
Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund
Teen Murti House
New Delhi-110 011
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Contact Details
Phone: +91-11-23013641, +91-11-23017173, +91-11-23018087, +91-11-23015897
Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship invites applications from researchers in the field of Social Science who are targeting South Asia. It will be 8 months paid ... Read More
Science without Border Challenge is an annual Art Competition which aims to motivate students to be a part of protection and conservation of world&rsq... Read More
Lok Sabha Internship Programme is aimed to provide an opportunity to young talent in the country with outstanding academic credentials for i... Read More
The fountainhead essay competition is one of the three competitions conducted by Ayn Rand education.
The student has to write an essay on any of ... Read More