Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships for Doctoral Studies 2017
About Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies is organised by the Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund (JNMF) and was earlier known as ‘Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowships for Post-graduate Studies in India and abroad’. It was launched in 1994 with a corpus fund of Rs 7 crores. The Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund was launched by an 110-member committee headed by Dr D. Radhakrishnan on August 17, 1964, in salutation to Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.Data shows that 620 Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarships for Doctoral Studies have been awarded till 2013. Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies 2017 is available for students of India and other Asian countries to pursue PhD studies in India in the following fields of education:
- Indian History & Civilisation
- Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
- Ecology & Environment
- The scholarship is provided for a period of two years.The last date to submit the application form for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies 2017 is 31 May 2017.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Eligibility Criteria
||Asian Countries including India
||Completed post graduation with maximum 35 years of age.
- Must be an Indian national or a national of any other Asian country.
- Age Limit: Must be maximum 35 years of age while applying for the scholarship.
- Academic Qualifications:
- Must have completed Post-graduation with First Class and secured minimum 60% marks.
- Must be registered for a PhD programme in a recognised university in India. Those who have not yet applied for admission for PhD are NOT eligible to apply
- Must be a full-time PhD scholar.
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Reward
- Tuition Fee & Maintenance Allowance: The scholars will receive Rs 18,000 per month for tuition fee and maintenance allowance.
- Contingency Grant: Students will also receive an annual contingency grant of Rs 15,000 per annum for expenses like study tours within India, stationery, books, etc.
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Application form and Process
Students applying for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship are required to download Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies 2017 Application Form from the official website. The Application fee for Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies is Rs 100
Steps to fill the Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship Application Form
- Download the Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies 2017 Application Form from the official website of Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund.
- The Application Form is in PDF format.
- Read the details and instructions carefully before filling up the application form.
- Candidates must fill the academic and personal details carefully and correctly.
- Provide the details of other sources of funding (if any).
- Save the file and take a print out of the application form.
- Candidates must affix their recent passport photo on the space provided in the application form.
Submission of the Application Form
Candidates are advised to check the details of the application form and then make the final submission as the candidates need to know that once the application gets submitted, the candidates will not be able to change the details of the application form
Send a hard copy of the application form along with a demand draft of Rs 100 issued in favour of “Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund” payable at New Delhi to the following address:
Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund,
Teen Murti House,
New Delhi-110 011
Documents to be enclosed along with the Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship Application Form and DD
- A synopsis with a maximum limit of 1500 words or about 4 pages in double-spaced.
- Supervisor/Guide’s report (OR) University Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report.
- No entries are to be sent via e-mail. Only hard copies sent via post will be accepted.
- Note: The documents must be attached in the following series. The incomplete and unsigned forms will be rejected.
- A passport size photograph of the applicant to be pasted on the form.
- A synopsis of the proposed project as per the attached format.
- Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report or Supervisor’s report/recommendations.
- Postal Order/Demand Draft for Rs 100
- PhD registration certificate.
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Selection Process
- Interview: The Selection Committee will prepare the list of shortlisted candidates and call them for the interview round which will be held in early December/ January.
- Students who are selected in the interview round will be granted the scholarship.
- The decision of the committee will be final and binding.
Jawaharlal Nehru Scholarship for Doctoral Studies Contact Details
Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund
Teen Murti House
New Delhi-110 011
Phone: +91-11-23013641, +91-11-23017173, +91-11-23018087, +91-11-23015897
Amar Ujala Lakshya Scholarship 2017 is an initiative under the Corporate Social Responsibility by Amar Ujala Foundation to provide financial support t... Read More
3M Young Innovators Challenge 2017 continues with its second generation innovators award program where they seek to find ideas and new projects f... Read More
Scroll Video Story Contest is a video contest on the theme It Happens Only in India. It is jointly organised by Scroll.in and Deutsche Welle (DW)... Read More
RD Sethna Scholarship is one of the oldest Scholarship which was started in the year 1938.Rd Sethna Scholarship Fund aims at granting loan scholarship... Read More