Israel Government Scholarship for Foreign Students 2017-18
About Israel Government Scholarship for Foreign Students
The Israel Government invites applications from Indian citizens for Israel Government Scholarship for Foreign Students which is offered as a part of Cultural Agreements between Israel and India.Total 7 scholarships will be offered to selected institutes and selected programs selected by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Israel. Students having Master's Degree in relevant fields can apply for the Scholarship and pursue their higher education in selected institutes in Israel.
- Number of Scholarships award: 7 (2 scholarships will be given in Hebrew Language and 5 for an academic year/ research)
There are two types of Scholarship
- Short Term Scholarship- It is granted for a Summer Language Course (Ulpan). At present, the Ulpan course that is offered is a 3-4 week program at the Ulpan of the University Haifa.
- Long Term Scholarship- For pursuing Master's, Ph.D., Post-Doctoral or Research Programme, Overseas or International Programme and Special Programmes.
- For Master's & Ph.D. scholarship is given for one academic year (8 months) and it is not renewable hence the candidate has to arrange for the finances by themselves.
- For Post Doctorate & Research Programme, the candidate has to submit the research proposal and acceptance letter from any of the one Israeli Universities.
There is no application fee to apply for the scholarship and complete or partial tuition fee of the selected candidates will be paid as a part of the scholarship and in addition to that monthly stipend and Medical Insurance will also be provided to the candidates. The candidates interested to Study in Israel can make application for the scholarship to local authorities before November 30, 2016.
Applications for the given below study subjects are invited:
- Comparative Study of Religions (with specific reference to Judaism)
- Middle East Studies
- Hebrew language and literature
- History of the Jewish people
- Business Management
- Mass Communication
- Environment Studies
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Israel Government Scholarship for Foreign Students
Israel Government Scholarship for Foreign Students Eligibility Criteria
|| Graduate Students
- Nationality: The students from India are eligible to make applications for the scholarship.
- Age: The candidates should be younger than 35 years to make applications for the Israel Government Scholarship.
- Academic Qualification:
- For Research/Specialization: Master's Degree in relevant field with 60% marks or more for applying to the subjects Agriculture, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Environment studies and Master's Degree in relevant field with 55% marks for the remaining subjects.
- For Hebrew Language and Literature Course: Student pursuing the postgraduate course in this subject may apply.
- Language: The applicant should havehigh level of proficiency in English or Hebrew.
- Proof of the proficiency in the language is to be submitted at the time to application.
Course Specific Requirements: The candidates should also full fill the requirements related to the specific course selected by the candidate.
Applications of candidates who are already settled in abroad will not be considered.
Israel Government Scholarship for Foreign Students Reward
The Government of Israel is offering the Scholarships to Indian citizens as a part of Cultural Agreements between Israel and India. The selected candidates will be awarded either a full scholarship or partial scholarship, the details of the Scholarship rewards are as follow:
- Tuition Fee: Depending on the type of Scholarship offered to the candidate (Full or Partial), either complete tuition fee will be paid or a part of the Tuition fee will be paid by the Israel government.
- Monthly Allowance: A monthly allowance will be given to the candidates for 8 months during their First academic year of studies.
- Basic Health Insurance: The Candidates will be covered with basic health insurance plan offered by Israel government.
- The candidate should take care of his/her Accommodation, Transportation and Travel expenses.
- The Scholarship is available only for Universities and Program approved by the Israeli Council for Higher Education.
Israel Government Scholarship for Foreign Students Application form and Process
The application process for the scholarship is ONLINE and the candidates can apply via MHRD's website or via the link given below. Applicants have to enter their required details to apply for the Israel Government Scholarship.
Documents to be uploaded
Candidates have to upload scanned copy of the below-mentioned documents at the time of Online Application:
- Colour Passport Size Photograph
- Proof of age
- Educational Qualification
- University/College Transcript
- Admission/Offer Letter
- Any Academic Awards etc.
Note: The size must not exceed 530KB for each document, photograph, and signature.
Documents Required at later stages
- Duly Filled in Application Form
- Detailed Letter describing the field and University
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of letter exchanged with Israeli Universities
- Official and original all the Academic Records
- At least 2 letters of recommendations from lecturers/professors
- Three photographs
- Certificate of Health
Submission of the Application
Once all the relevant fields are filled. candidates have to click on the SUBMIT Button. Automatically it will start the saving and uploading process
Israel Government Scholarship for Foreign Students Selection Process
- Selection committee consisting of subject experts will interview the shortlisted candidates
- Based on merit the nomination would be made.
- The nomination will be sent to the Government of Israel for Final Selection.
Note: In case no communication is received by a candidate, who has applied in response to the advertisement, by last week of December 2016, he/she may presume that he/she has not been shortlisted for interview. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
Israel Government Scholarship for Foreign Students Address
3 Aurangzeb Road
New Delhi 110011
Israel Government Scholarship for Foreign Students Contact Details
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +91 11 30414500
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More
Amar Ujala Lakshya Scholarship 2017 is an initiative under the Corporate Social Responsibility by Amar Ujala Foundation to provide financial support t... Read More
3M Young Innovators Challenge 2017 continues with its second generation innovators award program where they seek to find ideas and new projects f... Read More
Scroll Video Story Contest is a video contest on the theme It Happens Only in India. It is jointly organised by Scroll.in and Deutsche Welle (DW)... Read More