Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE 2017- National Innovation Foundation
About IGNITE Competition - National Innovation Foundation
IGNITE is an annual national competition to harness the creative and innovative spirit of school children. IGNITE invites children to showcase their creative innovations and ideas in technology. Original creative technological ideas and innovations of the students that solve any problem be it household, porters, laborers etc.
At this stage, Students are required just to submit their own creative ideas and no working model is required.
- NIF will let the students know if any working model is required and in case required will also provide assistance regarding the same.
- Photos/videos/sketches of the idea/innovation/project can also be submitted in order to facilitate proper understanding and evaluation of the submission.
- In the fond memory of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, IGNITE has been renamed to Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards.
National Innovation Foundation (NIF) is an autonomous body under the Department of Science and Technology (India), Government of India. It was set up in February 2000 at Ahmedabad, to provide institutional support for scouting, spawning, sustaining and scaling up the grassroots innovations.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE 2017 Dates
|IGNITE the Last Date to Apply
||31 August 2017
|Announcement of the Name of Winners
||15 October 2017
Subscribe for Regular Updates of IGNITE Competition - National Innovation Foundation
IGNITE Competition - National Innovation Foundation Eligibility Criteria
||Students till class 12
Maximum age being 17 to 18 years
- Eligible Boards: Students of National and State board can apply.
- Eligible Streams: Students of all the stream are eligible.
- Number of Entries: Students are encouraged to submit as many entries as possible.
- Participation is free.
IGNITE Competition - National Innovation Foundation Reward
All practical and useful ideas/innovations may be given financial and mentoring support. In the deserving cases, patents will be filed in their name at no cost to them. It is also possible that some of the ideas might attract entrepreneurs and these may get licensed for monetary consideration.
- Students submitting maximum properly documented entries would be given appreciation certificates from NIF.
- Each innovation/traditional knowledge practice spotted and documented by he/she will be credited as being the ‘SCOUT’ of a particular innovation/traditional knowledge in the record.
- There will be an exhibition of ONLY the awarded projects/ideas/innovations.
- The winner of IGNITE 2017 will be announced on 15 October 2017.
- The award will be later given by Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam at his convenience at The Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
IGNITE Competition - National Innovation Foundation Application form and Process
Participants should give the following details:
- Personal detail should be clearly mentioned - name, age, class, school name & address.
- Home address & contact number
- Title of the project/idea/innovation
- Detailed description, diagrams/sketches/photos of the project.
- A simple declaration that the project has been done by the student himself/herself without guidance from teachers/parents.
Submission of the Application Form
The Entries can be sent by any of the following methods
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit Online at http://nif.org.in/ignite/
- Post to:
National Innovation Foundation - India
Satellite Complex, Premchand Nagar Road,
Jodhpur Tekra, Satellite
Ahmedabad 380 015 Gujarat
IGNITE Competition - National Innovation Foundation Selection Process
- The selected entries will be evaluated by a group of experts and Honey Bee Network Collaborators.
- The evaluation of entries is based on the information provided in the entry submitted.
- There is no evaluation event prior to the award function.
- During the screening process if additional information is required for promising entries the committee would get in touch with the student by phone or email.
IGNITE Competition - National Innovation Foundation Contact Details
National Innovation Foundation India
Satellite Complex, Premchand Nagar, Jodhpur Tekra, Satellite
Ahmedabad 380 015, Gujarat
Email: email@example.com or
Telephone number: +91-79-26732456 / 2095,
Toll-Free No: 1800 233 5555
Picture Jharkhand Photography Contest 2017 application process is started on 22 August 2017. This photography contest is organized to capture the spir... Read More
Jagriti Yatra 2017 is 15 days Train Journey which is being organized by Jagriti Sewa Sansthan since 1997, initially, it was known as Azad Bharat ... Read More
Indo Japanese Fellowship 2017 is organized under Indo-Japanese Joint Project on “Establishment of Young Researcher Fellowship Programme 2017-18&... Read More
CENTA Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad (TPO) is open to teachers across all boards, subjects, and classes. It is open to teachers of g... Read More