G.P. Birla Educational Foundation Scholarship 2016
About GP Birla Scholarship
G.P. Birla scholarship is for meritorious students from West Bengal who are in need of financial assistance for pursuing their higher studies after class 12. The scholarship is given by G.P. Birla Educational Foundation.
- Further studies after class 12 may be in Science, Humanities, Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Commerce, Law, Chartered Accountancy, Company Secretary and Cost Accountancy Course in any recognised University in India.
- The foundation was established to carry forward the cherished dream of Late Shri G.P. Birla, the renowned Industrialist and Philanthropist.Through the GP Birla scholarship, the foundation wants to promote education, develop human resources and empower the youth of the Country.
Latest Update: GP Birla Scholarship Result has been announced. Check GP Birla Scholarship Result here
Subscribe for Regular Updates of GP Birla Scholarship
GP Birla Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
||Passed Class 12 in 2016
- Academic Qualification: The applicant must have cleared class 12 or equivalent in the year 2016.
- Minimum Marks: The applicant should have secured 80% marks or more from State Board or 85% or more from Central Board or have secured rank in top 15,000 in JEE / AIPMT Entrance Exam.
- Financial Status: Students in need of financial help to pursue further studies.
- Eligible Subjects for the Scholarship: Further studies after class 12 may be in Science, Humanities, Engineering, Medicine, Architecture, Commerce, Law, Chartered Accountancy or Company Secretary or Cost Accountancy Course in any recognized University in India.
GP Birla Scholarship Reward
The following benefits will e offered to the candidates who will be selected for the GP Birla scholarship: The scholarship will be given to 65 students in one year at a time. Until last year, the scholarship was given to 50 students.
- Tuition & Hostel Fees: GP Birla Scholarship amount will be to cover Tuition Fees and Hostel Fees (if applicable) subject to a ceiling of Rs. 50,000 per student per year.
- Books Allowance: Additional one-time payment of Rs. 7000 towards the purchase of Books in 1st Year shall also be given.
- Duration of Scholarship
- The Scholarship will be granted for one year at a time. It would be continued until the completion of the Course.
- Renewal: It would be renewed on a yearly basis, subject to performance by the student in the preceding year, as evaluated by the Trust.
- Disbursement of Scholarship: The amount will be directly disbursed to the student to place where he/she doing their higher studies.
Renewal of the Scholarship
The scholarship is offered to 65 students for a period of one year at a time but can be renewed every year till the completion of the course subjected to the performance of the candidate in the final examination of a previous year.
GP Birla Scholarship Application form and Process
The application process for GP Birla Scholarship is offline and the application form can be downloaded from the download section of the website. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Application Form: Students who meet the above criteria of merit and need financial assistance for pursuing further studies, may apply for the scholarship by downloading the application form from the official website of GP Birla Scholarship. >> Download Application Form for GP Birla Scholarship. The candidate has to fill the application form and get it attested by the head of the institution from where they have passed class 12 or from where they have taken admission
- Request for Application form by post: Those who want Application Form sent to them by post, may send a stamped self-addressed envelope to address given below.
- Documents to be submitted with Application Form
- Proof of admission (if admission has been taken) at a university or college in which the applicant shall pursue higher studies.
- A Copy of academic certificates and grade reports for the last examinations.
- A Copy of any other certificates for extracurricular achievements, etc.
- Proof of Income: Either one on the following documents is to be submitted as a proof of income
- A Copy of Form 16 or Salary Certificate, in case the Father or Mother, is in Employment with Government or Private Sector.
- A Copy of Income Tax Return or Certificate from Tahsildars or Councillors, in any other case.
- Submission of Application Form: Applications may be forwarded through the Head of the Institution from which the Student has passed Class 12 or where he/she has taken admission. The address for correspondence:
G.P. Birla Educational Foundation,
1582, Rajdanga Main Road,
4 Floor, Kolkata – 700 107
GP Birla Scholarship Selection Process
- Selection by Expert Panel: For a selection of Students for G.P. Birla Scholarship, an Expert Panel will be appointed by the Trust to review the applications received.
- Only students from West Bengal will be chosen for the scholarship.
GP Birla Scholarship Address
Attn: Radha Tamal Goswami / Anil Kumar Sharma ,
GP Birla Educational Foundation, 1582, Rajdanga Main Road, Southend Conclave, 4th Floor, Kolkata – 700107
GP Birla Scholarship Contact Details
Phone No: 033-24414542 / 24414456
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship invites applications from researchers in the field of Social Science who are targeting South Asia. It will be 8 months paid ... Read More
Science without Border Challenge is an annual Art Competition which aims to motivate students to be a part of protection and conservation of world&rsq... Read More
Lok Sabha Internship Programme is aimed to provide an opportunity to young talent in the country with outstanding academic credentials for i... Read More
The fountainhead essay competition is one of the three competitions conducted by Ayn Rand education.
The student has to write an essay on any of ... Read More