Fevicol Science Project Challenge 2013
- Fevicol Science Project Challenge is an annual nationwide competition that identifies the talent from across the schools in the country and is a quest to nurture the next generation of scientists and thinkers.
- This contest encourages students to think about topics that are related to their everyday life, futuristic concepts and make 3-D models of their interpretations of the subject/topic
- Fevicol Science Project Challenge was launched in year 2011.
- There were about 1,85,000 students who participated from about 750 schools and about 67,000 projects were made in year 2012.
Who can apply - The Eligibility Criteria
- The competition is divided in 2 categories
- Junior Fevicol Science Project Challenge- Class 5-7
- Senior Fevicol Science Project Challenge - Class 8-10
- Young minds are encouraged to make 3D models of subjects relevant to our lives
- The theme for the competition is
- Cities of Future
- Water Resource Management
- Infrastructure to help avert and tackle natural disasters
- Waste Management
- Machines that enhance human capacity
- Effective Operation and safety of a nuclear power plant.
- The winners along with one accompanying teacher will be awarded an all-expenses paid trip to a foreign destination apart from other exciting gifts.
- Winning team members will get trophies.
- Winning school will be given trophies.
Participants of Final Round
- All team members of the final round will get tablet and certificates.
- All the participants of the final round also receive exciting gifts.
Application Mode and Process
At the School Level
- The first round will require students to write a 500-word concept note on the given topic which will be judged in the school itself by the Science teachers.
- The selected students then have to make a 3-D model on the topic chosen in the team of 3, which will be exhibited.
- On the exhibition day, all the 3-D models will be displayed by the students and they will need to explain the concept to the science teacher and principal who will then choose two winners, one each from standard 5 to 7 and standard 8 to 10 from the school.
- Schools will then upload the pictures of the winning projects on the company website along with a brief on chosen topic, principles and working of the 3D model.
- The winners at the school level will be notified by an email sent to the school.
Final Selection by Expert Panel
- Further, these projects uploaded on the company website will be reviewed by expert panel that chose 4 projects each from junior and senior categories.
- These chosen teams will be invited to Mumbai for a Grand Finale where they will be given impromptu topics to create the project over the next 2 days.
- The projects are judged by eminent judges appointed by Pidilite Industries Ltd.
- The understanding of the challenge subject and related issues.
- Concept and principles on which the proposed solution is based.
- Actual execution of the 3D model – Creativity and Presentation.
- Effectiveness of the project in solving the challenge.
- Responses to the queries raised by the panel of judges.
- Overall appearance of the 3D model.
Ramkrishna Mandir Road,Off Sir Mathuradas Vasanji Road,Andheri (East) Mumbai - 400059 Maharashtra.INDIA
Phone: +91 22 3308 7000
Fax: +91 22 2835 7700