Ecochic Design Award 2017
About Ecochic Design Award
Ecochic Design Award 2017 on its 6th year anniversary encourages students from fashion institutes and young professional from Europe & Asia to participate in their Fashion Design awards 2017.
The entry to the awards is free and the Ecochic Design Awards are open for any individual above the age of 18 years and is a fashion student or a newly established fashion designer.
The participant has to design an outfit using the following techniques in the digital format.
24 Semi-Finalist will move on to the final round of judging. The finals will be organised in Hong Kong and the expenses of the travel and accommodation will be paid by Redress (Redress is an NGO with a mission to promote environmental sustainability in the fashion industry by reducing textile waste, pollution, water and energy consumption.)
The winner will get a chance to work with luxury brand Shanghai Tang, Mentorship with Orsola de Castro and an opportunity to design an outfit for an Asian celebrity.
Ecochic Design Award Important Dates 2017
|Start of Online Open Application
||3 January 2017
|Last Date to Apply
||3 April 2017
|Announcement of 24-semi-finalists
||1 May 2017
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Ecochic Design Award
Ecochic Design Award Eligibility Criteria
||Asia & Europe
||At least 18 years
||Age: The applicant must be at least 18 years old at the time of submitting the application.(as on 3 April 2017)
Nationality: The participant must be a resident of any Asian or European country.
Experience: The applicant should not have more than 3 years of experience.
Language: The applicants are required to communicate in either English or Chinese.
Not eligible to participate
Group participation is not allowed in Ecochic Design Award 2017
Ecochic Design Award Reward
There are fabulous prizes for not only for the winners of the awards but also for the semi-finalists as well. The details of the awards are as follow:
- An opportunity to design your own capsule collection using Shanghai Tang’s up-cycled textiles.
- Stay in Hong Kong for up to 3 months in the given time period (March 2017 and September 2017) where the winner will work with Shanghai Tang’s creative team on your own named capsule collection whilst living in one of the world’s most creative, cultural and dynamic cities.M
- Subscription of Bloomsbury Fashion Central (from February 2017 to February 2018).
- 6 months tailored Mentorship with renowned fashion designer, Orsola de Castro.
- A books from the Fairchild Books Basics Fashion Design Series.
- Supermodel Janet Ma, will select a designer on her own accord and that designer will get a chance to design a show-stopping sustainable outfit for her for a high profile event.
- Prizes for 10 Finalists
- A chance to present their sustainable collection at HKTDC Hong Kong Fashion Week.
- A 6-day all-expense paid educational trip to Hong Kong along with stay in EAST hotel.
- Have their designs shot in Hong Kong by renowned photographer Tim Wong and styled by influential stylist Denise Ho.
- Have their designs showcased under the international public’s spotlight in an exhibition after the Grand Final concludes.
- Receive a two-hour mentorship with a sustainable fashion expert to help nurture their future career development.
- Receive a subscription to Bloomsbury‘s online portal The Berg Fashion Library (From May to September 2017)
- Receive Access Membership to the resources on The Ethical Fashion Forum´s SOURCE Intelligence platform, including over 600 fundamental market studies and training tools from experts across the globe.
- Receive promotion across Redress’ and The EcoChic Design Award’s marketing channels.
- Prizes for 24 Semi-Finalists
- A copy of Fairchild Books’ A Practical Guide to Sustainable Fashion by Alison Gwilt (2014).
- A copy of Bloomsbury´s Sustainable Fashion: Past, Present and Future by Jennifer Farley Farley Gordon and Colleen Hill (2014).
- A copy of Bloomsbury´s Zero Waste Fashion Design by Timo Risannen and Holly McQuilian (December 2015).
- Promotion across Redress’ and The EcoChic Design Award’s marketing channels.
- Access to The EcoChic Design Award Alumni network which provides opportunities regularly.
Ecochic Design Award Application form and Process
The application process of Ecochic Design Award 2017 is completely online. Interested candidates can apply Online. The submission can be done by emailing the completely filled application form to the given email addresses. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Register: The candidates need to apply Online from the online website of the Ecochic Design.
Click Here to Apply Online
- Techniques to be used: In order to participate in the competition the applicant need to use any of the following techniques while designing the outfits:
- Zero-waste: A design technique that eliminates textile waste at the design stage.
- Up-cycling: The recycling of a material into a product of higher quality.
- Reconstruction: The process of making new clothes from previously worn outfits or preformed products.
- Design Requirement:
- One mood board illustrating the theme, inspiration and colour of the entire competition collection.
- Three ready-to-wear outfit illustrations with technical drawings based on one or more sustainable design techniques zero-waste, up-cycling and reconstruction. No complete outfits are required to be made at the Open Application stage. All artwork must be original creations designed by the applicant and must not have been previously shown in public.
An outfit must be made up of one or more pieces that cover a model's upper and lower body and can include garments such as tops, bottoms, dresses, jackets and coats. Shoes and accessories are not required.
- Information about textile waste selection including the type of fibre, type of textile and source. All designs must use textile waste. Designers are required to provide clear photos of the original textiles before any cutting or alteration, in order to show that such textiles are available for use.
No changes to artworks or textile selections are permitted after submission.
- Four brief written statements about the collection and the designer's aspirations.
Submission of the Application Form
The candidate should submit the filled application by sending it in the form of an email to their region's email address:
- Applicants from Asia: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants from Europe: email@example.com
Ecochic Design Award Selection Process
Stage 1: Open application judging will be done by regional judges and will start from 3 April 2017 for the selection of 24 semi-finalist. Those 24 semifinalists will be judged in semi-final judging on 1 May 2017 for the selection of 10 finalists. The details of the process are as follow:
Stage 2 - Semi-final Judging: The semi-final judging will take place from 1 May 2017 to determine the ten finalists, who will be announced on 25 May 2017.
Stage 3- Final Judging: The same panel of judges from International Judging will be responsible for the final judging at Hong Kong Fashion Week in September 2017.
Judging criteria: The participants will be judged on the basis of following criteria:
- Creativity and Originality
Ecochic Design Award Result Important Dates 2017
|Announcement of 10 Finalists
||25 May 2017
|Last date to submit the work-in-progress report by the Finalists
||3 July 2017
|Last date for the finalists to send their complete application to Hong Kong
||24 July 2017
Finalists to arrive in Hong Kong
|3 September 2017
|Finalists attend The Redress Forum
||4-7 September 2017
|Grand Final Fashion Show and Winners announced
||8 September 2017
|Finalists Depart from Hong Kong
||9 September 2017
|Touring International Exhibition
Ecochic Design Award Address
2406, Nine Queen’s Road Central,Hong Kong
Ecochic Design Award Contact Details
Phone: +44 7974 937535
General Enquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Picture Jharkhand Photography Contest 2017 application process is started on 22 August 2017. This photography contest is organized to capture the spir... Read More
Jagriti Yatra 2017 is 15 days Train Journey which is being organized by Jagriti Sewa Sansthan since 1997, initially, it was known as Azad Bharat ... Read More
Indo Japanese Fellowship 2017 is organized under Indo-Japanese Joint Project on “Establishment of Young Researcher Fellowship Programme 2017-18&... Read More
CENTA Teaching Professionals’ Olympiad (TPO) is open to teachers across all boards, subjects, and classes. It is open to teachers of g... Read More