Drucker Challenge Essay Contest 2016
About Drucker Challenge Essay Contest
- Peter Drucker Challenge was set up with the aim to spread awareness among the youth and younger generation about Peter Drucker.
- Peter Drucker Society has launched the 8th Edition of the Peter Drucker Essay Writing Competition.
- The Theme for Peter Drucker Essay Writing Competition 2016 is "The New Entrepreneurs- Movers and Shakers in Economy and Society?"
Here are just some of the questions you might address while writing the essay
- What is your vision of an entrepreneur? What skills, characteristics and qualities do you see as most important in entrepreneurship? How can they be nurtured through society, education, and government?
- What does it mean to be an entrepreneur today?
- According to Peter Drucker "Entrepreneurship is not 'natural'; it is not 'creative'. It is work..". What is your experience or exposure to entrepreneurial ventures?
- Can entrepreneurs create a better society or just better profits from uncovering opportunities?
- Can entrepreneurs be better at addressing social needs than public services?
- What is needed to launch a start-up in today’s business environment, make it successful and keep it alive?
- How do you create an entrepreneurial spirit in mid-sized/large organizations and in public services? How can we better embed entrepreneurial thinking and action into business and society?
- How can entrepreneurial management lead the way back to innovation and growth for our economies?
- Will the successor of the welfare state be the Entrepreneurial Society? Your vision of the Entrepreneurial Society: What will it look like ten years from now?
Who was Peter Drucker?
Peter Drucker was a writer, a professor, a management consultant, and an ecologoist. He had the talent of studying human nature and the way they interact with each other. He has also been awarded with the title of "the man who invented mangement" by businessweek.
He had influenced many leaders from different sectors, which are General Electric, IBM, Intel, Procter & Gamble, Girl Scouts of the USA, The Salvation Army, Red Cross, United Farm Workers and several presidential administrations.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Drucker Challenge Essay Contest
Drucker Challenge Essay Contest Eligibility Criteria
||Students & Professionals up to 35 years of age
- Age: The applicant must be born in 1980 or later and must be of at least 18 years .i.e. between 18-35 years of age.
- Nationality: There are no restriction on the nationality of the participants.
- Categories: There will be two categories for participation in the Essay Contest
- Academic: Undergraduates, Graduates, MBA, Ph.D students.
- Business: Managers, Entrepreneurs & Future Professionals.
Not eligible for the contest
- People who has been selected or only once among the TOP 10 since 2010 are not eligible for the Contest.
Drucker Challenge Essay Contest Reward
Drucker Challenge Essay Contest Rewards
The Grand Prize Winner/ 1st Prize Winner of Drucker Challenge Essay Contest 2016 will receive
1st Prize winner will also receive the awards/prizes listed below
The 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winner will get
- Travel expenses to Vienna (airfare plus 3 nights at conference hall)
- Opportunity to get own blog with key thoughts published on www.druckerchallenge.com
The top ten selected entries (including 1st, 2nd & 3rd Prize Winners) will get the following rewards
- Waived conference fee for 7th Global Peter Drucker Forum on November 17-18, 2016
- Invitation to speakers reception
- Invitation to gala event
- Ranking list and publication of essays on www.druckerchallenge.com
- One year free membership with Peter Drucker Society, Europe
- One year access subscription to Hardvard Business Review for Rank 1 to 6
Drucker Challenge Essay Contest Application form and Process
Drucker Challenge Essay Contest Application Process
- To participate in the Drucker Challenge Essay Contest 2016 the applicant has to submit the essay online.
- The interested candidate can simply go to the website and fill in the application form with the basic requirements and upload their Essay. >> Submit your essay here for Drucker Challenge Essay Contest 2016.
- If there is any problem in uploading the essay then the person can send their essay file and information given in the application form to email@example.com
- The candidates are required to fill in their contact details such as e-mail address very carefully. As the notification of being selected would be notified through an E-mail only. In case the candidate does not get the E-mail, the candidate is himself to be held responsible.
- Specifications of the Essay:
- Word Limit: Between 1500-3000 words.
- Language: English only.
- Theme: The New Entrepreneurs- Movers and Shakers in Economy and Society?.
Drucker Challenge Essay Contest Selection Process
Drucker Challenge Essay Contest Selection Process
The selection process is divided into three Rounds and the details of the rounds are as follow:
- The selection at first round will be conducted by a panel of judges who will select 15 best entries in academic and business categories.
- The Essay would be judged on the following parameters
- Ideas relevant to the theme
- Conclusion drawn from the essay
- Link the concept of essay and spirit of Peter Drucker
- Fluency in English
15 essays will be selected from each category defined above.
- The essays selected in round 1 will be further selected down to 10 in each category according to the selection criteria given above.
- By August 2016,10 essays that have been selected in each category will be evaluated by the renowned jury members and the ranks would be finalised. The Jury would also nominate the Winner of Drucker Challenge Essay Award.
- Among them the Grand Prize Winner, the 2nd prize winner & the 3rd prize winner will be selected and people with rankings 4-10 will also be selected.
- The Winners will be notified by e-mail by August 31, 2016 and if they do not respond to the e-mail, then an alternate finalist would be selected.
- By mid- September 2016 the Final Rank list and the Essays of the Finalists will be published on druckerchallenge.org and after that in Drucker Society Europe Newsletter.
Drucker Challenge Essay Contest Address
Peter Drucker Society Europe
Registered Office: Augasse 9, 1090 Wien, Austria
Drucker Challenge Essay Contest Contact Details
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme 2017-18 is organised by the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation. The foundation awards interest-free loan scholarship... Read More
The Anthem Essay competition is one of the three essay writing competitions conducted by AYN Rand Education.The student has to write an essay on any o... Read More
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is offered by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in partnership with UK Universities undertake Master Level St... Read More
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship 2017 offers scholarships to people from developing countries who are motivated to make a difference at home.... Read More