Classmate SpellBee 2017 Competition - Season 9 Result Declared!
About Classmate SpellBee Competition
Classmate SpellBee Competition- Season 9 powered by The Times of India is a spelling competition for students from Class 5 to 9. The spellBee competition is an 'Initiative by Radio Mirchi' across 30 cities in India. Last year more than 800 schools and more than 2,75,000 students participated in the contest. The Classmate SpellBee 2017 Competition will test the spelling quotient of the students and helps in transforming the students into being competitive, challenging and inculcates a spirit of good sportsmanship towards spellings.
Classmate SpellBee contest will engage in a variety of methods to test the students on spellings, offering the perfect pronunciations and supplying the etymological meaning of each word. In this competition, the student has to self-learn, which invariably improves retention power of students and it assists the students in being confident and reaches their maximum potential.
Classmate SpellBee 2017 Competition Important Dates
|Level 1 Participation
||15 December to 10 February 2017
|Level 2: City Finals
||11 February to 23 February 2017
|Level 3: Semi Finals
||24 February to 28 February 2017
|Level 4: National Finals (Mumbai)
||4 March to 5 March 2017
|Telecast of National Finals on TV
||Last week of April 2017 (Tentative)
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Classmate SpellBee Competition
Classmate SpellBee Competition Eligibility Criteria
|| Boys & Girls Both
|| All India
Class 5 to 9,
Age: 10-16 years
Classmate SpellBee Competition Reward
- Grand Prize Winner: National Champion of Classmate SpellBee winner will be awarded a grand prize of Rs. 2,00,000. The grand prize winner will also avail an all expense paid trip along with a parent to witness the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington D.C. in 2017.
- Semifinalists: Four semi-finalists will win a cash prize of Rs. 50,000 each
- Top 16 participants: Get to showcase their skills on National Television i.e. on The Discovery Channel, Discover Kids & Discovery Tamil.
Classmate SpellBee Competition Application form and Process
The student will have to immediately take the online test for Classmate SpellBee Competition without leaving the website after registration. The candidates must follow the given steps while registration:
- Fill in the complete registration form.
- Register: The registration should be done by parents/guardians of the participant.
- Username and password will be generated by the website.
- The username will be the email id entered on the registration form.
- Password will be an alpha-numeric code generated automatically
- After registration, a code would be generated
- Now the candidates have to log in on the Website using their username and password.
- Now the candidates have to Take the Online test to participate in the online version of the Classmate SpellBee 2017.
- Test results of the online Contest will be communicated to the shortlisted participants
What Type of Test would be conducted for Spell Bee?
- An MCQ format (Multiple Choice Question) written test will be conducted for students in standards 5– 9 in the schools that classmate physically conducts their tests.
- Practice for Classmate SpellBee 2017 >> Take the mock test
- Click here to see some commonly misspelt words
Buy books for the preparation
Classmate SpellBee Competition Selection Process
Classmate SpellBee Competition Selection Process will be based on the following Criteria:
- The competition will be held at 4 levels.
- The competition starts with tests conducted in schools, followed by an online City Final round, subsequently followed by two rigorous Semi Final rounds and finally culminates into an exciting televised national level championship.
- If a participant belongs to a city that is not part of SpellBee's Level 1, he/she can participate by taking the Level 1 online test by choosing his/ her preferred city for participation in Level 3 (if he/she qualifies for the same after Level 1 and Level 2).
- The School Contact Program
- An MCQ format (Multiple Choice Question) written test will be conducted for students of class 5-9 in selected schools.
- Students will be asked to fill in some mandatory information about them for all future correspondence. They will be asked to select the correct spellings of 75 words given to each one of them.
- Top scorers from every school will make it to Level 2 (City Finals) of the competition.
- Level 1 will be completed on 10 February 2017.
Level 1: Online Test
- Classmate SpellBee makes it possible for every eligible student in India to take the test in Level 1 by taking an online test to 30 cities.
- Top scorers from the online test will also be invited to Level 2 of the competition.
- Level 1 online test will be an MCQ based test of 75 words of 10 minutes.
Level 2: City Finals
- Level 2 participants will be determined by shortlisting students from Level 1 only.
- Students can qualify for Level 2 either by participating in the online Level 1 test or by participating in the school level test.
- If a student has applied via both Online & through school then the score obtained through school would be considered for shortlisting the student for Level 2.
- The shortlisted students will be intimated by Radio Mirchi via the school coordinator or via telephonic communication.In each city, all the winners from all schools will compete together in an online test to be held on pre-decided dates.
- The date and time for the same will be communicated to the students in advance.
- There will be MCQ test of 75 words for 7.5 minutes.
- Level 2 will be held on 11 to 23 February 2017
Level 3: Semi Finals
Shortlisted students from the City Finals will be invited to participate at pre-decided locations on pre-decided dates to take part in the Semi Finals. The Semi Finals have 2 rounds mentioned below:
- Round 1 is an online MCQ format time bound test of 10 minutes with 60 words. The top 10 scorers from this round progress to Round 2 of the Semi-Finals.
- Round 2 is an online MCQ format time bound test of 10 minutes with 45 words. The students with the top 16 scores across the country from this round qualify for Level 4, the National Finals.
- Level 3 will be held on 24 to 28 February 2017.
Level 4: National Finals to be telecasted on Television
- Round 1: The 16 students are divided into groups of 4 each.
- Round 2: The winners from each of the four groups compete in The Grand Finale. The winner of this round will be declared as Classmate SpellBee National Champion Season 9
- Level four will be held on 5 to 6 March 2017.
- Level four will be telecasted on Television tentatively on April 30, 2017.
Classmate Spell Bee Result - Check Here
The result for the Classmate Spell Bee competition has been announced on 14 March 2017 and the student of Class 9 of Shri Shikshayatan School, Kolkata named "Pratyasha Nath" has won the national championship whereas, the Aaman Ahmed of class 9 of St. Michael's School, Siliguri was the first runner-up.
The actress Soha Ali Khan announced the name of the winner and Paige Kimbley, the executive director, Scripps National Spelling Bee, said that “It was quite interesting to see the enthusiasm in the young spellers and the quality of participation."
The schools received massive participation in the initial phase and on ground exercise. The top 15 spellers from each school then competed in the finals of the online city. The top performers from the city finals then competed in the semi-finals. From there the top 16 students from across India went on to battle it out in the televised national finals.
Classmate SpellBee Competition Contact Details
Matulya Centre, 4th Floor,
A – Wing, Senapati Bapat Marg,
Lower Parel (West), Mumbai – 400013
Phone: +91 93776 11611 , +91 955 455 9944
TVE Biomovies Short Film Competition is an initiative by Television for the Environment (TVE) in associations with United Nations Framework Conve... Read More
West Bengal state Level Essay Writing competition is for both the School Students and the Undergraduate students studying in West Bengal. The students... Read More
Wild Wisdom Quiz Contest 2017 for Junior & Middle School Students registration process is already started. The Wild Wisdom Quiz is an attempt... Read More
Scheme for Promoting Young Talents in Science (SPYTiS) is a programme conducted by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment&n... Read More