Classmate SpellBee Competition -2014
Last date to apply
March 1, 2014
City Wise Shedule of the Exam
- Classmate Spell Bee 2014 powered by The Times of India is a spelling competition for students from Class 5 to 9.
- The competition is an 'Initiative by Radio Mirchi'
- This contest tests the spelling quotient of the students.
- The contest helps in transforming students in being competitive, challenging and inculcates a spirit of good sportsmanship towards spellings.
- Contest will engage in a variety of methods to test the students on spellings, offering the perfect pronunciations and supplying the etymological meaning of each word.
In this competition, the student has to self-learn, which invariably improves retention power of students and it assists the students in being confident and reach their maximum potential.
Who can apply - The Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
Class 5 to 9
Age- 10-16 years
- An all-expense paid trip along with a parent to witness the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington D.C. in 2014
- Cash prize of Rs.2,00,000
Application Mode and Process
- Fill in the complete registration form
- The registration should be done by parents/guardians of the participant.
- Username and password will be generated by the website.
- Username will be the email id entered on the registration form.
- Password will be an alpha numeric code generated automatically
- Every registration will also receive a code.
- Login on the Website using you individual username and password and take the test to participate in the online version of the Contest.
- Test results and communication for the shortlisted participants of the online Contest accessible on the Website shall be announced by ENIL/ Radio Mirchi in its sole and absolute discretion.
- No communications/correspondences will be entertained by ENIL/ Radio Mirchi® in this regard at any time and in any manner whatsoever.
- No purchase is necessary to participate in the Contest. The Contest is organized by ENIL on the website.
A MCQ format (Multiple Choice Question) written test will be conducted for students in standards V – IX in the schools that classmate physically conducts there tests.
- The competition will be held in 4 phases.
- The competition starts with tests conducted in schools, followed by an online City Final round, subsequently followed by two rigorous Semi Final rounds and finally culminates into an exciting televised national level championship.
- The School Contact Program
- A MCQ format (Multiple Choice Question) written test will be conducted for students of class 5-9 in selected schools.
- Students will be asked to fill in some mandatory information about them for all future correspondence. They will be asked to select the correct spellings of 75 words given to each one of them.
- *Top scorers from every school will make it to Phase II (City Finals) of the competition.
- Classmate Spell Bee makes it possible for every eligible student in India to take the test in Phase I by taking an online test.
- *Top scorers from the online test will also be invited to Phase II of the competition.
- If a student belongs to a city that is not part of Spell Bee's Phase I, he / she can participate by taking the online test by choosing his/ her preferred city for participation in Phase III (if he / she qualifies for the same after Phase I and Phase II).
Phase II: City Finals
- This phase (Phase II) is determined by short-listing students from Phase I only.
- The short-listed students will be intimated by Radio Mirchi via the school coordinator or via telephonic communication.
- In each city, all the winners from all schools will compete together in an online test to be held on pre-decided dates.
- The date and time for the same will be communicated to the students in advance.
- This is a time bound online MCQ test of 75 words.
- The test lasts for 7.5 minutes.
Phase III: Semi Finals
- Shortlisted students from the City Finals will be invited to participate at pre-decided locations on pre-decided dates to take part in the Semi Finals.
- The Semi Finals have 2 rounds.
- Round 1 is an online MCQ format time bound test of 10 minutes with 60 words.
- The top 10 scorers from this round progress to Round 2 of the Semi Finals.
- Round 2 is an online MCQ format time bound test of 10 minutes with 45 words.
- The students with the top 16 scores across the country from this round qualify for Phase IV; the National Finals.
Phase IV: National Finals
- Round 1:The 16 students are divided into groups of four each.
- Round 2:The winners from each of the four groups compete in The Grand Finale. The winner of this round is declared Classmate Spell Bee National Champion 2014.
Matulya Centre, 4th Floor, A – Wing, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel (West), Mumbai – 400013