CBSE Cryptic Crossword Contest 2016 (CCCC 2016)
About CBSE Cryptic Crossword Contest (CCCC) 2016
- CBSE has announced the schedule for CCCC 2016 (CBSE Cryptic Crossword Contest) on April 5, 2016. It is a crossword solving championship for school students.
- Cryptic Crossword is an endeavor to make school education more efficient and interactive by the means of extra-curricular activities. The Crossword Contest is open for the students of Class 9-12 and a school can send a team of two students for the inter-school round of the contest.
- The students can participate in the Cryptic Crossword Contest, CCCC 2016 only through their respective schools and individual participation in the contest is not allowed.
- The contest will consist of 2 rounds i.e. City round and National round.
- Phase 1- City Round (April- September): City round will be organized from April 18, 2016, to September 02, 2016 in 29 cities as listed below. The schools located in the listed cities and their vicinity can participate in the cryptic crossword contest.
- City Round will be held in 29 cities across India.
- City Round will begin on April 18, 2016, in Ranchi and conclude on September 2, 2016, at Bhubaneswar.
- Phase 2: National Event (November-December 2016): Quarter finals, semi finals and finals will be conducted in a two days event in New Delhi in November-December 2016.
- The national winners of the CCCC 2016 will be awarded prizes worth Rs. 25,000 each along with trophies and certificates.
Cryptic Crossword Preparation Tips
- Students can get the book “Understanding Cryptic Crosswords by Vivek Singh” and start understanding and practising crossword puzzles using the methods mentioned in the book.
- Practice is the best tool for preparing for Cryptic Crossword Contest.
- Students can take the help of crossword puzzles published in newspapers.
- Comparing the solutions with the clues of yesterday can help in establishing the clue-Solution Relationship.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of CBSE Cryptic Crossword Contest (CCCC) 2016
CBSE Cryptic Crossword Contest (CCCC) 2016 Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
||The participants must be a student of class 9 to 12 studying in a CBSE School.
CBSE Cryptic Crossword Contest (CCCC) 2016 Reward
CBSE Cryptic Crossword Contest 2016 Rewards
All the students participating in CBSE Cryptic Crossword Contest (CCCC) 2016 will be awarded with participation certificates while the National winners and the City winners will receive the following awards:
|First Prize- National Winners
||Cash Prize Rs. 25,000 each + Certificate +Trophy
|Second Prize- National Runners Up
||Cash Prize Rs. 15,000 each + Certificate +Trophy
|Third & Fourth - National Finalists
||Cash Prize Rs. 10,000 each + Certificate +Trophy
- Reimbursement: For the participants in the National Round, second class rail fare of an escorting teacher and 2 students will be reimbursed by CBSE.
City Round Winners: The winners of City round will receive Trophies and Certificates.
CBSE Cryptic Crossword Contest (CCCC) 2016 Application form and Process
CBSE Cryptic Crossword Contest 2016 Application Process- Apply Online
The participation in CCCC 2016 can be done only through the respective schools. There is no option for individual enrollment and participation.
The details are as follow:
- The School Authorities can visit the official website of CBSE Cryptic Crossword Contest and follow the registration process mentioned there, to enroll the students from their respective schools in the contest.
Schedule of City Round
CBSE Cryptic Crossword Contest (CCCC) 2016 Selection Process
CBSE Cryptic Crossword Contest 2016 Selection Process
The selection of the final winner will be done from a pool of candidates selected as city winners. The details of the selection process are as follow:
- City Rounds: In the city rounds participants will be given a written cryptic crossword puzzle that has to be solved within 60 minutes.
- The winners of the city rounds will advance to Quarterfinals to be organized in Delhi.
- 30 Teams will be selected.
- The Quarter Final, Semi Final & National Round will be organised in the two-day event to be held in November-December 2016
- Quarter Final: Out of the 30 teams which qualified for the Quarter Final Round, only 16 will move to the Semi-Finals by solving the given cryptic crossword puzzle within 60 minutes.
- Semi Final: The qualifying 16 teams will be placed in 4 groups of 4 teams and will compete in four separate on stage, cryptic crossword contest of 60 minutes based on Power Point Format.
- The Finals: The winner from each semi- finalist group will compete in an on-stage final competition and these 4 teams will compete against each other.
- The Team which wins the cryptic crossword will be declared as the National Winner.
- CCCC sample papers and instructions regarding the Cryptic Puzzle are available on the website of CCCC 2016.
CBSE Cryptic Crossword Contest (CCCC) 2016 Address
Central Board of Secondary Education
17, Industrial Area, Rouse Avenue, Delhi-110002
CBSE Cryptic Crossword Contest (CCCC) 2016 Contact Details
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More
India Post Independence Day Photography Competition 2017 on Independence Day 2017 is conducted by India Post. Those people who have an interest i... Read More
Pre RMO 2017 (PRE Regional Mathematical Olympiad) is a Mathematical Olympiad conducted for the 25 regions of India and the shortlisted candidates are ... Read More
INSEAD MBA Scholarship is for candidates who have secured admission in MBA Program or are in the process of the personal interview for the INSEAD Asia... Read More