BBC Wildlife Photography Contest 2014
Last date to apply
August 31, 2014
September 30, 2014 (11:59 p.m. BST)
About BBC Wildlife Photography Contest 2014
- BBC Wildlife conducts photography photo contest every month and the theme for August & September photography contest has been announced.
- BBC Wildlife Magazine is inviting entries to share some of the best wildlife moments of the year from applicants
- Applicants passionate about discovering wildlife can send their photographs and will get an opportunity to reveal their talent
- This contest is organized on monthly basis and winning entry is chosen through public voting and the BBC Wildlife Team
Theme for BBC Wildlife Photography Contest
||Last Date for Voting
|| Best Holiday Wildlife
Best images of wildlife that you’ve seen while on holiday.
|September 30, 2014
|| On the Wing
Showcase the best images of birds in flight.
|October 31, 2014
Subscribe for Regular Updates of BBC Wildlife Photography Contest 2014
BBC Wildlife Photography Contest 2014 Eligibility Criteria
||18 years or above.
- All amateur photographers aged 18 or above can apoply for this Wildlife Photography Contest.
- The image must be the original work of the applicant and it must have been created in the past three years.
- Employees of BBC Group are not eligible to apply to this wildlife photoagraphy contest.
BBC Wildlife Photography Contest 2014 Reward
- The overall winning image decided by the editor’s choice and public votes will be featured as the main image of the online photo contest gallery.
- Favourite images are featured in the Your Photos pages of the current issue.
- Photos with the highest number of votes may even be showcased in the forthcoming two-weekly newsletter.
- 20 images will be selected by The BBC Wildlife team and will be published in special photo contest online galleries at www.discoverwildlife.com
BBC Wildlife Photography Contest 2014 Application form and Process
- Entries in form of photographs are to be uploaded on the website www.discoverwildlife.com by the closing date specified within the contest.
Important points to be kept in consideration:
- All images must refer to the theme of the contest i.e. wildlife- in its habitat in the wild or in a captive establishment - or wild landscapes and plants.
- A single applicant can send maximum 20 entries for the contest each month.
- File Size: Image should be in .jpg format and each jpg should be a maximum of 300dpi and 5MB in size along with the photographer name and the subject in the title
- Each image must be entered once, else duplicates will be removed.
The Image must comply to the following rules
- Computer-generated or altered images will not be accepted.
- Artwork and illustrations are not acceptable.
- The image must be original work of the applicant and it must be created in the past three years.
- The ownership of the copyright of the images entered must be with the applicant.
- If asked by BBC Wildlife authority, source material or proof of permission to use must be made available.
Note: BBC is not liable for the publication of unlawfully reproduced images or Immediate Media Company takes no responsibility for corrupted or late entries.
BBC Wildlife Photography Contest 2014 Selection Process
- Out of all entries, the winning image will be judged on the basis of mumber of votes receive and by the BBC Wildlife team.
- Winners will not be contacted or notified, they should visit the site after the contest has closed to see the result.
- Applicants cannot vote in the month in which they have participated but can participate in voting for other months.
BBC Wildlife Photography Contest 2014 Contact Details
The UNESCO Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Prize for Outstanding Practice and Performance in Enhancing the Effectiveness of Teachers begun in the ye... Read More
Andreu World SA launches its “Andreu World International Design Contest.”. The competition is open both to design students and to professi... Read More
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2018 will be based on the scores of JNVST Exam conducted by Navodya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), which was established to... Read More
CBRE Urban Photographer of the Year 2017- The Royal Photography society represents the Urban Photographer Competition 2017. This year, the competition... Read More