Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship 2017-19
Last date to apply
November 30, 2016
Extended to December 7, 2017
About Azim Premji Fellowship
Azim Premji Foundation, a non-profit organisation working for achieving quality universal education, has come up with the fellowship ‘Azim Premji Fellowship’ for young explorers in India who have a work experience of 3-10 years.
- Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship is an opportunity to professionals who are willing to work for a social change. It aims at giving educational & social sector experience to people from diverse backgrounds.
- During the course of the program, fellows will explore various dimensions of education and gain experience & understand the realities of rural government schools. Selection would be based on Online assessment test to be held on December 4, 2016 (Will be intimated soon) which will be going to held in Bangalore, Delhi, Jaipur and Lucknow, and Personal Interviews from December 19 to 23, 2016.
- It is a 2-year full-time program and the last date to apply for the fellowship program is December 7, 2017, and the fellowship is likely to begin in March 2017. The fellowship program comprises the following:
- Year 1: Candidates will have to teach in government schools, immersion in education to develop/ build their perspective along with participation in the activities of a District Institute (DI) of the Foundation to understand the various roles in the DI.
- Year 2: Focus will be laid upon the capacity building of the Fellows based upon the role they could possibly contribute in the DI after the Fellowship.
- Fellows will be actively mentored and will work on a project of significance in the Institute to which they are attached
- During the program, students will get a stipend of Rs. 28,800 per month and after the successful completion of the program, fellows will be offered employment opportunities in the Foundation at an appropriate compensation package.
- Fellows will be posted to some of the least developed districts of rural India and need to be prepared to live and work in the highly challenging environments
- Karnataka (Requires proficiency in Kannada)
- Madhya Pradesh
- Puducherry(Requires proficiency in Tamil)
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Azim Premji Fellowship
Azim Premji Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
- Professionals having 3 to 10 years of work experience and a post-graduate or a professional degree in any discipline.
- The person should have a passion for social change and No, social sector experience is not mandatory.
- Knowledge of Tamil/Telugu/Hindi/Kannada is required, based on place of posting.
Azim Premji Fellowship Reward
- Stipend: Shortlisted fellows will receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 28,800 and after the successful completion of the program they will get employment opportunities with Azim Premji Foundation Provident Fund, Medical-Life- Personal Accident Insurance benefits are in addition.
- Accommodation would be provided for the initial 2 weeks of induction, which would occur at Bangalore.
- Initial 2 weeks induction would be in Bengaluru. The subsequent sessions and the field posting would be in the District Institutes
- Mentorship: Each Fellow will have 2 mentors assigned to them during the fellowship period. Fellows will receive continuous support from these mentors.
Work Areas available during the Fellowship Program
- Research and Analytics, Monitoring & Evaluation, Support to community development workers.
- Contribute in designing publications and establishing external connects
- Participate in developing modules for Subject Knowledge and Leadership Development
Azim Premji Fellowship Application form and Process
Interested Applicants for Azim Premji Fellowship have to register online. Applicants have to follow the link given below to fill the online form for the fellowship.
Note: Along with the application form, the candidate has to upload their resume in PDF .doc format and a recent passport size photograph in jpg/jpeg format of size not exceeding 2 mb.
Azim Premji Fellowship Selection Process
- The Selection process for the Azim Premji Fellowship will include 2 rounds that are a written test and a personal interview.
- Written Test will consist of essay type and multi-choice questions.
- It will have questions on social awareness, passion for contributing the to social sector, good interpersonal skills, openness to learn, and result orientation.
- Candidates on qualifying the written test will be informed through an e-mail.
- The selected candidates for round 2 i.e. the final round will be provided with the admit cards for the Personal Interview.
Details for the selection procedure for Azim Premji Fellowship
Topic to be asked
Online Written Test
Socio-Economic Geographical & Political understanding, Comprehension, Writing and Analytical Ability.
December 4, 2016,
(Will be updated soon)
Candidates will be informed by mail along with an admit card for stage 2
Personal interview followed by a presentation of 10-15 minutes on a given topic
December 19 to 23, 2016
Azim Premji Fellowship Address
Azim Premji Foundation # 134,
Doddakannelli Next to Wipro Corporate Office
Sarjapur Road Bangalore – 560 035
Azim Premji Fellowship Contact Details
Phone: 1800 274 0101
(Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm)
FAEA Scholarship 2017 is created for undergraduate studies in the field of arts, commerce, science, medical, engineering and other technical... Read More
Leeds University Business School Undergraduate Scholarships is being offered by the LEEDS University. Under the scholarship, the University ... Read More
Wiki Loves Earth 2017 India is a photographic contest about protected natural areas, within areas in India. The main aim of Wiki Loves Earth... Read More
Australian Government Endeavour Scholarships and Fellowships 2017 are administered by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training. ... Read More