Alfred Fried Photography Award 2017
About Alfred Fried Photography
Alfred Fried Photography Award 2017 is a photography competition for amateur as well as professional photographers where they need to show through their photographs “What peace looks like?”
The intent of Alfred Fried Photography Award is to present human efforts to live together in peace and the quest for beauty and goodness in human lives.There is no entry or participation feefor the Award and it is open for people of all ages, races and origins without any discrimination.
|Application Starts on
||31 March 2017
|Deadline for Photo Submission
||4 June 2017
The winning picture will be displayed at The Austrian Parliament for a time period of 1 year.
Alfred Fried Photography Award 2017 is organised by UNESCO, Austrian Parliament, International Press Institute in association with The Photographische Gesellschaft.In 2014, 5271 images were submitted by 1549 photographers from around the world.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Alfred Fried Photography
Alfred Fried Photography Eligibility Criteria
||Professional or Amateur photographers of any age
- Nationality: The Award is open for contestants globally.
- Proficiency: Amateur as well as professional photographers are entitled for entry in the Awards.
- Time Limit for the Photograph: There is no specific limit within which the photograph must be clicked.
Alfred Fried Photography Reward
First Prize: The winner of Alfred Fried Photography Award will get the following rewards:
- Cash: A sum of 10,000 Euros.
- Display: The winning picture will be displayed at Austrian Parliament for one year and will be included in the permanent art collection of Austrian Parliament.
Other Prizes: Top 5 photographers will be awarded Alfred Fried Peace Medal.
- Venue: The Award ceremony will be held in Austrian Parliament, Vienna on September 20, 2016.
Alfred Fried Photography Application form and Process
Candidates need to submit their entries online on the official website of Alfred Fried Photography Award 2017 by filling an online form. Click here to apply for Alfred Fried Photography Entry Form
- Theme: “What does peace look like?”
- Specifications of the image
- Format: JPEG
- Resolution: 2000 pixels x 3000 pixels.
- Size: Maximum 2 MB.
- Exclusions: Image must not have any logo, names, borders or embedded marks in it.
- Manipulated Image: Digitally manipulated images are accepted for the competition.
Number of Photographs
- Individual Entries: Several individual photographs can be submitted for the contest.
- Theme Based Entries: A series of 2 or more photographs related to a specific theme can be submitted, the images should be named with leading index number.
- Caption: A caption of maximum 750 words, need to be submitted along with each entry.
- Submission Deadline: The last date of submission of entry form along with the artwork is June 4, 2017.
Note: Those pictures which already won any award or have been entered in other competition are entitled to entry.
Alfred Fried Photography Selection Process
Judging Panel: The Jury of Alfred Fried Photography Award constitutes some of the most reputed names in the industry with two new jury members, Mr Shen Che and Mr Hansjörg Hosp.
- Criteria: The artwork will be judged on the following basis
- Artistic merit
- Declaration of Result: The winners of the awards will be notified by email.
The Photographische Gesellschaft in partnership with UNESCO, The Austrian Parliament, The Austrian Parliamentary Reporting Association and The International Press Institute (IPI)
Alfred Fried Photography Contact Details
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme 2017-18 is organised by the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation. The foundation awards interest-free loan scholarship... Read More
The Anthem Essay competition is one of the three essay writing competitions conducted by AYN Rand Education.The student has to write an essay on any o... Read More
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is offered by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in partnership with UK Universities undertake Master Level St... Read More
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship 2017 offers scholarships to people from developing countries who are motivated to make a difference at home.... Read More