Aditya Birla Scholarship 2016 for IITs, IIMs, XLRI, BITS Pilani & Law Colleges
About Aditya Birla Scholarship
- Aditya Birla Scholarship (ABS) Scheme was founded in the year 1999 to fulfill the dreams of late Sri Aditya Vikram Birla, the founder of Aditya Birla Group, who was of the view that the success or failure of an organization depends on its people, their talent and very obviously on the enterprise.
- Under Aditya Birla Scholarship scheme, some of the brightest scholars entering select Indian Institutes of Management (IIM), Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) and the Birla Institute of Technology, Pilani, (BITS Pilani) and Law Colleges are groomed to become outstanding leaders.
- Every year Aditya Birla Scholarship is offered to meritorious students. The scholarship covers the academic fee as well as the hostel fees till the completion of the course which commences with the academic session of the first year.
- Scholars are evaluated on a regular basis on qualitative and quantitative parameters to judge their performance on the academic achievement and leadership.
- It is not mandatory that Scholars on successful completion of the course have to join the Aditya Birla Group if they desire so they can join.
- Aditya Birla Scholarship Result will be announced in September 2016.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Aditya Birla Scholarship
Aditya Birla Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
||Open to the students studying in IIMs/ XLRI – Jamshedpur/ IITs (B.Tech)/ BITS (Pilani) Campuses/LAW
||Students from the below-mentioned institutes can only apply for the Scholarships:
The top 20 on the basis of the entrance exam which is conducted at the time of the admissions are invited to apply through the Dean of the respective institutes.
- IIMs - Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Lucknow, Indore, Kozhikode, Shillong
- XLRI – Jamshedpur
- IITs (B.Tech) - Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Roorkee, Guwahati
- BITS (Pilani) Campuses
- National Law School of India University - Bangalore,
- NALSAR University of Law - Hyderabad,
- The WB National University of Juridical Sciences - Kolkata,
- National Law University – Jodhpur
Aditya Birla Scholarship Reward
A large part of academic fees, as well as the hostel fees for the IITs / BITS stream, is being covered by the Aditya Birla Scholarship. For management and law streams some part of the tuition fee is covered.
IIMs / XLRI
| Rs. 1,75,000 per annum
IIT / BITS Pilani
Rs 65,000 per annum
All Law colleges
| Rs. 1,80,000 per annum or fees at actuals, whichever is lower
- Funds will be sent to the Dean/Director: The scholarship funds are administered by the dean/director of the institution. All funds are sent directly to them via cheque for appropriate disbursal.
- Fee paid by students will be Refunded: The scholarship covers the entire course. Hence the Institute will refund the amount paid by the students as the Scholarship Results is announced only in September.
- Performance will be monitored: For the renewal of the Scholarship every year the performance of the Scholars will be monitored closely.
Aditya Birla Scholarship Renewal
The Scholarship will be renewed on the basis of the below mentioned Assessment Criteria
- Scholastic standards: The scholar must be in the top 25 percent of students in their batch
- Work done by the Scholar during the course of the programme: 60% of the total assignments submitted should have a rating of 7 on a 9 point scale.
- Participation in campus activities: Active participation in a minimum of two forums on campus.
- Learning: Scholar has to write a 250-word essay on "Being an Aditya Birla scholar: experience sharing"
Performance Measurement Data has to be submitted to by the Scholar and certified by the academic Dean at the institute.
Kindly Note: No single factor will be a major determinant.
Aditya Birla Scholarship Application form and Process
- The Aditya Birla Group will directly send the application form to the Dean/ Principal of the Institutes.
- Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria are required to fill up the Application Form and submit it to the Dean/director of their respective Institutes before the last dates given below.
Note: Interview of the shortlisted candidates will be conducted at ITC Grand Central, Parel, Mumbai.
||Law and Engineering Students
|Submission of application form
|Intimation of shortlisted candidates
|Interview of shortlisted Candidates
Aditya Birla Scholarship Selection Process
The below mentioned is the process through which the Scholars will be selected:
- On the basis of the information furnished in the Application Form by the applicants 160 students from the IIMs and XLRI, 160 students from the IITs and BITS (Pilani) and 80 students from law campuses will be evaluated.
- Round 1: For the next round the candidates will be selected on the basis of their overall achievements taking into consideration the academic and co-curricular excellence.
- Round 2: For the Final Round, shortlisted candidate’s Essays will be reviewed by a panel of judges.
- Facilities for the Shortlisted candidates: They will be provided accommodation, travel reimbursement, and a token allowance to travel to Mumbai.
- At the time of Interview, candidates have to carry all supporting documents such as copies of certificates, mark sheets, etc.
- Round 3: Final Round: Interview
- The Shortlisted students of Round 2 will be called for an interview.Interviews will be held in Mumbai
- Interviews will be conducted by an eminent panel of luminaries and academicians.
- After the interview Best 16 students each from - engineering and management and 8 from law will be selected.
- The Finally Selected students will be named Aditya Birla Scholars.
Aditya Birla Scholarship Address
Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiative and Rural Development Project
Aditya Birla Management Corporation Limited,
Aditya Birla Centre,
1st Floor, 'C' Wing,
S.K. Ahire Marg
Worli, Mumbai 400 030
Aditya Birla Scholarship Contact Details
Tel: 91-22-6652 5000 / 2499 5000
Fax: 91-22-6652 5741 / 42
NBHM Scholarship MSc 2017 is offered by National Board of Higher Mathematics. This scholarship will be provided to those students who wish to pursue s... Read More
World Bank’s Young Professionals Program 2018 is an opportunity for young professionals to start their career and join World Bank.Every year 40 ... Read More
Jago Grahak Jago Campaign Mascot, Jingle and Video Contest is open to all citizens of India. Interested candidates have to submit their entries by 28 ... Read More
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More