NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) is a scholarship awarded to Class 10 students and this page provides details of Review Meeting which was released via notifications dated December 3, 2014 regarding NTSE 2015 Scholarship. The New Rules will be effective from 2015-16 academic session onwards and are applicable to all the NTSE Scholars.
NTSE Scholarship Exam is taken by students of Class 10 and the students who qulaify the Exam are known as NTSE Scholars and they receive NTSE Scholarship from Class 11 till they complete their Ph.D
NTSE 2015 Scholarship will be awarded to 1000 students.
Revised Rules for Disbursement of NTSE Scholarship
The Review committee has come up with many clauses which has to be fulfilled by the NTSE Schlolar if they do not want to become ineligible for the scholarship. From 2015-16 students pursuing diploma/certificate course will also be eligible for the scholarship provided they are not employed anywhere.
Increase in Requirement of Minimum Aggregate Marks
- The NTSE Scholars must secure 60% aggregate in grade or equivalent in their College/University Exam every year to be eligible for the scholarship for that year.
- Student securing less than 60% in a year will not be awarded NTSE scholarship for that year.
- If a candidate fails to achieve 60% marks for two consecutive years or non consecutive years, he/she will become ineligible to for NTSE Scholarship altogether.
Must Secure Pass Marks in All Subjects
- Students are required to pass in all the subjects (core subjects, non-core, optional etc.) they have appeared.
- If a candidate fails in a subject, he/she will be disqualified from obtaining NTSE Scholarship forever.
- The students however has an option of withdrawal from Core Subjects.
Reduction in Stipulated Time Period for Payment of NTSE Scholarship
- In view of online payment of the scholarship, the stipulated time period for disbursement of NTSE Scholarship has been reduced from 24 months to 12 months.
- Therefore, students need to submit claims bills from 2015-16 session onwards within 12 months of getting admissions into a particular academic session.
Scholarship from other sources will make the person ineligible
- Any student who receives scholarship from any other source for a period exceeding six months on a regular monthly basis will make him ineligible for the scholarship.
- The student has to provide an undertaking every year that they are not receiving the scholarship from any other source.
Fee Waiver/One time grants will not make them Ineligible.
- Students will not become ineligible for NTSE 2015 Scholarship in case they receive of fee waiver, subsidy or one time grant in Fees or Residential Accomodation.
Employment while receiving the scholarship will make the person ineligible
- The student who takes up a job while receiving NTSE scholarship will become ineligible for the scholarship.
- Thus every student has to submit a certificate stating that they are not employed anywhere.
NTSE is conducted by National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), which is a Government of India initiative.