MHT CET 2018 will include Questions from Class 11 Syllabus

Aug 2017 Source: MOTACHASHMA

MHT CET 2018 will include questions from Class 11 syllabus as per the latest curricular received by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE). Maharashtra (MH) State Common Entrance Test (CET) is conducted for admissions in engineering and pharmacy undergraduate courses. On 4 October 2017, the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) received a circular stating that the questions in MHT CET 2018 will be taken from the syllabus of class 11. The DTE’s proposal to not include the Class 11 syllabus till 2019 as students appearing next year have already been promoted to Class 12 has refused by “The State Higher and Technical Education Department”.

  • Earlier, the government issued a resolution to change the exam pattern in order bring MHT CET 2018 at par with the nationally held Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). But nowhere was it mentioned that the syllabus would be revised. The DTE sent its proposal on 2nd June to make changes in the MHT CET syllabus to bring it at par with the nationally held JEE.
  • Now, the Directorate of Technical Education Maharashtra State has issued the final notification regarding the changes in the exam pattern or including the Class 11 Syllabus in the MHT CET Test. In the notification, it is stated that the syllabus of Class 11 will also be concluded in the MHT CET test.

What are new changes in the MHT CET Exam Pattern? NEW

Earlier, the MHT CET Exam only comprised of Class 12 Syllabus of HSC Board Maharashtra. But from now onwards, the board has decided to add the Class 11 syllabus also. Therefore, the 20% of the questions in the exam will be based on Class 11 Syllabus whereas the remaining 80% of the weightage will be of Class 12 Syllabus. Get the complete syllabus of MHT CET by following the link below

MHT CET Syllabus - Check Here

MHT CET 2018 Exam Pattern and Weightage NEW

Subjects

No. of Questions

Total Marks

Class 11

Class 12

Mathematics

10

40

100

Physics

10

40

100

 

Chemistry

10

40

Biology (Botany)

10

40

100

Biology (Zoology)

10

40

 

The proposal of negative marking is also been suggested to match the JEE criteria. CET Officials said that the candidates don’t have enough time to prepare for CET 2018.

The candidates get confused about how to do preparation of CET 2018 from the ambiguity over the syllabus. There needs to be more clarity about the pattern soon as students need time to prepare for the CET, said Subhash Joshi, trustee of Science Parivar classes.

Quick Links,

In the case of any query regarding MHT CET Exam, You can write to us in the comments section below.

Subscribe for Regular Updates



Delivered by FeedBurner

Entrance Exam - Deadline Approaching