BITS Pilani offers PG programme in Big Data Engineering which is an 11-month Online programme which is offered in association with Upgrad. With the help of this Online programme, the students will be able to prepare themselves for engineering/development roles in the Big Data industry that would have different learning outcomes. Over the years, BITS has made their presence felt by providing highest quality technical education to the students all over India. This page gives the detailed information about the Big Data PG Course by BITS Pilani comprising the details such as Eligibility, Application, Fees and Programme Overview. Big Data PG course will begin from March 2018 and ends in February 2019.
Get Details on BITSAT - Entry to First Degree Programme
Who is Eligible to get Admission in Big Data PG Course by BITS Pilani
Every institute follows its own criteria to allow admission to pursue different courses. Similarly, BITS Pilani has criteria to get admission for BITS Pilani PG Courses in Big Data Engineering. The candidates must fulfil eligibility criteria to seek admission. The eligibility criteria are given below:
- The working professionals with minimum 6 months of work experience are eligible to apply. However, such candidates must hold minimum 3 years Bachelor's Degree.
- Such candidates must have obtained minimum 55% marks or equivalent in undergraduate Degree Examinations.
- Should have minimum 6 months of overall work experience
Minimum System Requirements
|Particular||Min. Prescribed Specification||Recommended Specification|
|Processor||Core i3/AMD A6||Core i5/AMD A8 and above|
|Hard Disk Capacity||100 GB||500 GB|
Big Data PG Course by BITS Pilani - Apply Here
The application process for admission in BITS Pilani PG Courses in Big Data Engineering has started. Hence, all the big data professionals and enthusiasts who are willing to seek admission in the aforementioned course are suggested to fill the application form by following the link given below. Although before filling up the application form, it is the prior responsibility of the candidates to ensure their eligibility criteria as the application of the candidates not meeting the requirements will get rejected.
- Application Fee - There is no Application Fee for Big Data Engineering Programme
Click Here to Apply Online
Steps to Fill the Big Data PG Course by BITS Pilani Application Form
At times while filling up the form, a plethora of students end up making mistakes in the form. Thus, to elude such activity, the steps with instructions in a concise manner is given. The students are therefore suggested to follow the instructions and fill the form.
- STEP 1 (Register): In order to proceed with application form filling, the candidates first have to register themselves through the website by following the link given on this page. While registration, the candidates have to fill the details like Name, Email, Phone number etc.
STEP 2 (Filling up the Form): After registration, the candidates have to further fill up the application form. To fill the application form, the candidates have to provide the details of following -
- Personal Information - The candidates in this section have to fill the personal details by providing the Name, Contact etc.
- Educational Qualification - Followed by the personal information, the candidates have to provide the educational details such as the name of institute, the field of study etc.
- Work Experience - After filling above two sections, the candidates at last need to mention their total work experience
- STEP 3 (Review and Submission): Eventually, the candidates have to submit the application after reviewing it. The candidates can make the changes in filled in the application form before submission.
STEP 4 (Upload Documents): In this step, the candidates have to upload the documents listed below.
- A self-attested copy of your undergraduate transcript/degree clearly mentioning your GPA/Grades
- A proof of employment clearly mentioning the number of years of work experience (e.g. A Bonafide Letter from your employer, experience certificate, etc.)
Demo of PG Programme in Big Data Engineering
It may be the first time in the history of education when the candidates can have the module introduction to the programme before the actual commencement of the programme. The candidates who have filled the application form will be able to get the demo introduction to the PG Programme in Big Data Engineering. The candidates can involve in conversation with many fellow students who are pursuing the same course which will further help them to get into discussions
Course Duration and Programme Fee for Big Data PG Course by BITS Pilani
BITS Pilani is presenting a unique opportunity to create a long-term career through PG Programme in Big Data Engineering. But what makes this course more indulging is that it provides the opportunity to the working professional to study alongside their job. Well, the candidates must be looking for the course duration and programme fee. The table given below has all the information
March 2018 to February 2019
8 to 10 hours per week
NOTE: The programme fee given is inclusive of all taxes for which can also be paid in easy flexible EMI's.
Syllabus for Big Data PG Course by BITS Pilani
In this course, the candidates will get the exposure of different platforms used for Big Data. Moreover, the candidates will learn to set up a virtual machine for processing Big Data on own computer as well as on cloud.
- Distributed Computing Environment for Big Data
- NoSQL databases for Big Data Storage Applications (HBase)
- Distributed Processing of data using MapReduce & Pig
- In-memory distributed processing using Apache Spark
- Data Storage on Cloud (Amazon S3 & Dynamo DB)
What are the outcomes of the courses
The candidates at the end of the programme will be able to perform batch processing operations on Big data on their own computer. The candidates will also be able to retrieve and store data in HDFS & Hbase using MapReduce & Apache Pig.
Why choose Big Data PG Course by BITS Pilani
We all know how difficult it is to manage our work and personal life. Adding a study plan to the routine would be helpful. The BITS Pilani is offering a PG Programme in Big Data Engineering which has benefits such as -
- Advantageous in all manner: The programme offers many benefits like offering personal mentoring to every student, 24X7 discussions forum to clear doubts, live sessions, feedback on each assignment, an interactive student learning platform etc.
- Expert Teaching Panel: Those who are pursuing this course will find themselves surrounded by the expert teaching leaders that help you to get acquainted with the course. The team will also review your work and will provide detailed feedback from teaching assistants and student support services.
- Practical Experience: By pursuing this programme offered by BITS Pilani, the candidates can have practical learning through industry sourced projects and case studies. This practical exposure to relevant tools is all helpful to build up the knowledge.
- Help in getting booming career: The completion of this programme opens the door of getting jobs to the candidates. The course provides the candidate with a promising career path with excellent long-term prospects. There are numerous job postings for this position on different websites.
Also know about BITS Pilani MBA Admission
In case of any query regarding the Big Data PG Course by BITS Pilani, you can write to us in the comment section below.