IIM Ahmedabad is planning to increase MBA seats. This is the time to cheer up for the students seeking admission in MBA in IIM Ahmedabad as the institute is planning to raise the number of seats to 1200 under an expansion plan proposed by the government. Now the students have better chances to get into the country’s top business school with Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad. The IIM is planning to add 800 more seats.
The idea of expanding the seats has not been implemented yet, as according to the sources said, the expansion would take five years after being cleared by the government. At present, IIM Ahmedabad has 1,100 students. The plan is in response to the human resource development ministry asking IIMs to take in more students. According to a proposal submitted to the government. Some of the seats could also go to PGP, but the number has not been decided.
“IIMs are willing to expand and have submitted their proposals to the ministry last year. It is much more practical to strengthen the existing IIMs that are already a brand name rather than concentrating on constructing new ones,” a ministry official said.
Highlights of the IIM Ahmedabad seat expansion news
- The plan is in response to the human resource development ministry asking IIMs to take in more students for implementing the idea of seat expansion.
- The number of seats in IIM Ahmedabad would increase from 860 to at least 1,200 in the two-year MBA course, the post-graduate programme (PGP) in management.
- Another 400 seats would be added to the post-graduate programme for executives (PGPEX).
- There is an announcement made by the Human Resource Development Prakash Javadekar in the September month that IIMs would double the number of candidates and he also talked about increasing hostel facilities, hiring new faculty, and more research.
- The ministry asked top six IIMs – Ahmedabad, Kozhikode, Bangalore, Lucknow, Indore and Calcutta for the plans to review from which Ahmedabad and Kozhikode have responded.