ICSE and ISC board exams to be rescheduled due to assembly elections. CISCE Board has decided to reschedule ICSE and ISC exams as the date clashes with assembly elections in Five States namely Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Manipur and Goa. The CISCE has earlier planned to hold ISC exams for the year 2017 from 6 February 2017 and the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) Examination from 27 February 2017.
CISCE Chief Executive Gerry Arathoon said that the examinations will be rescheduled, he also emphasised that no dates have been finalised yet. The revised dates sheet for both Class 10 and 12 will be announced within 10 days. On Wednesday, the election commission announced that the assembly elections in the politically crucial northern state will be conducted in seven phases starting 11 February 2017.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) too will account for the election dates and was working to release a schedule that does not clash with the polling.
ICSE and ISC Exam dates that clashed with Polls
Following exams dates are clashing with phase 1 and phase 2 poles:
- The Art paper 1 of ISC Board was scheduled for 11 February 2017 in the initial timetable; the first phase of the polls for 73 seats is also lined up at the same date.
- The Computer Science paper 2 was scheduled for 15 February 2017 that clashes with the second phase of polls for 67 seats in the state.
- The ISC English paper 1 and 2 was scheduled for 23 and 27 February 2017 that clashes with the fourth and fifth phase of the elections for 53 and 52 seats.
- The art paper 1 is slated for March 4 and second language and modern foreign language paper will be held on March 8.
- The physical education paper 1 (theory) was scheduled on March 8, the last phase of the polls.