62 new Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) will be opened by Central Government. According to an official statement, the states which will get these new JNVs are Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and several other states of India will also get these central government run schools.
Honourable Prime Minister and Chaired person of the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) Narendra Modi, has approved the opening of one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNV) on November 23.
A total of 62 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya will provide high-quality modern education to the talented children prominently from rural areas. As per the official statement, an expected amount of 35,000 students will be benefited from this project. Some of the states in which new JNVs will be opened are given in the following table.
- Estimated Project Cost of 62 JNVs: Rs. 2871 Crores
|State||No. of new JNV|
|Jammu & Kashmir||5|
New JNVs Related Details
- As per the reports, the new JNVs will be fully functional Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya that will provide vacancy to 47 persons and these 62 JNVs will provide direct permanent employment to 2914 individuals.
- In nature JNVs are residential and co-educational, staff and students have to reside in the Vidyalaya campus.
- The expenditure during the 12th Plan will be Rs 109.53 crore with a spill over amount of Rs 2,761.56 crore from 2017-18 to 2024-25
JNV SCs/STs Reservation Details
Till date, there are 598 sanctioned JNVs in 576 districts across 35 states and union territories of which 591 are functional. Each district has filled with 75% seats by candidates selected from rural areas.
- Seats are reserved for children belonging to scheduled castes and scheduled Tribes is provided in proportion to their population in the concerned district subject to the condition that in no district such reservation is less than the national reservation percentage (15 percent for SC and 7.5 per cent for ST).
- One-third of the total seats are reserved for girls, the statement added.