UGC NET Eligibility criteria 2018 for the candidates who want to appear in the UGC NET examination is given here. UGC NET examination is for Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor for the candidates who have done masters. The candidates can apply for NET examination who fulfil the UGC NET Eligibility criteria 2018. The last date for applying for UGC NET is 5 April 2018.
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2018 - Check Eligibility Here
Gender: Both male and female candidates can apply for UGC NET 2018, however, the female candidates have 5 years of age relaxation in age.
Educational Qualification: The candidates who have done Master’s degree or equivalent examination from the Universities or Institutions that is recognised by UGC in the subjects such as Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc.
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in the Masters to be eligible for UGC NET exam and the Other Backward Classes (OBC), Scheduled Caste (SC) Scheduled Tribe (ST) persons with disability (PWD) category candidates who have obtained minimum 50% marks in Master’s degree are eligible for the NET exam.
- The candidates who are going to appear or appeared in the qualifying Master’s degree examination and waiting for the final result and the candidates whose qualifying exam have been delayed for any reason are also eligible to apply for UGC NET. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship or Assistant professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination or an equivalent with minimum required marks.
- Such candidates must complete their P.G degree examination within two years from the date of NET result with required percentage of marks and fail in the Master’s exam will be treated as disqualified.
Age limitation & relaxation: The candidates who belong to General category should not be aged more than 30 years as on 1 July 2018 and the candidates who belong to OBC or SC or ST will have 5 year age relaxation. PWD and Female candidates have also 5 years of age relaxation.
- Junior Research Fellowship: Relaxation will also be provided to the candidates having research experience, limited to the period spent on research in the relevant or related subject of post-graduation degree, subject to a maximum of 5 years, on the production of a certificate from appropriate authority. Three years relaxation in age will be permissible to the candidates possessing L.L.M. Degree. Total age relaxation on the above ground will not exceed five years under any condition.
- Assistant Professor: There is no upper age limit for applying for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
Quick Links Related to UGC NET 2018
- UGC NET Eligibility Criteria 2018
- UGC NET Application Form 2018
- UGC NET Admit Card 2018
- UGC NET Result 2018
- UGC NET Answer Key - View OMR Sheets and Answer Key!
In the case of any query related to UGC NET Eligibility 2018, you can write to us in the comments section below.