Delhi University Reservation of Seats - DU reservation system is a provision made for the special categories. DU reservation system is for the students who are not from Delhi but from other parts of India. The candidates belonging to the certain backward classes will be able to availa the reservation of seats. Delhi University has a quota of seats reserved for SC, ST, OBC, Wards of Armed forces, Kashmiri Migrants and Physically Challenged candidates. The Delhi University or DU is a central university that pays due recognition to the country’s diversity. This page has details about the Delhi University Reservation of Seats.
Delhi University 2018 Reservation of Seats
- SC & ST Students - 22.5 % seats reserved for SC & ST Students. They will also get a relaxation of 5% in the minimum marks which will be given to these students. it is mandatory to fill all of SC/ST seats in the university. The students who get admission in open merit will not be included in the reserved quota.
- SC- 15%
- OBC- 27% of the seats are reserved for OBC Students. Relaxation of 10% marks in the minimum eligibility marks of the course.
- PwD- 3% Seats in all colleges for the students who have a minimum 40% disability.
- The certificate should not be more than 5 years old.
- It should be signed by a board of 3 doctors with a legible stamp indicating the name & designation of the doctors.
- The certificate should be countersigned by CMO/Medical Superintendent/with stamp under the signature. The certificate should have a photograph of the candidate.
- Diagnosis should be written clearly in the certificate.
- Armed Forces: 5% seats in all courses for Children / Widows of Officers and Men of the Armed Forces including Para-Military Personnel.
- Killed/disabled in an action during hostilities
- Died and disabled during duty
- Gallantry Awardees
- Foreign Students: As per the rules streamlined for admissions for foreign students, they are required to apply directly to the Foreign Students Advisor in the University.
- 5% seats are reserved for foreign students.
- Sports/ECA Category: Maximum 5% seats are reserved in each college.
- Kashmiri Migrants: Up to 5% seats are reserved course-wise in all Colleges for Wards of Kashmiri Migrants. A concession of maximum 10% in the last cut-off marks fixed for General category candidates shall be extended to the Kashmiri Migrants.
- DU Admission 2018
- List of Colleges for DU Admission 2018
- Documents required at the time of DU Admission 2018
- DU Admission Important Dates 2018
- DU Online Admission Form 2018
- DU Sports Quota/ECA Admission 2018
In case of any query regarding Delhi University Reservation of Seats, you can write to us in the comment section below