IP University Medical Colleges in Delhi offers admission to the meritorious students on the basis of NEET. Till last year, IPUCET conducted under the due administration of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University was the basis of admission to MBBS to provide admission in three most renowned Medical Colleges in Delhi.
Till last year only 15% of the total seats in participating Medical and Dental Colleges in Delhi which run under the Central Government, state governments, municipal or other local authorities in India were filled up by AIPMT/NEET. but from this year onwards, the below mentioned IP University Medical Colleges will also participate in NEET and 100% seats are filled through NEET.
There are three government medical college in Delhi which are affiliated to Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University:
- Army College of Medicine Science, Delhi Cantt. (ACMS)
- North Medical College (Hindu Rao Hospital)
- Vardhaman Mahavir Medical College
List of IP University Medical Colleges in Delhi
Army College of Medical Science
- Total Seats Available: 100
- Fees Payable: Rs 3,50,000
The MBBS seats in Army College of Medical Science, Delhi are filled by the wards/children of eligible Army Personnel and reservation of seats for students of SC/ST category would be as per Govt. of NCT of Delhi Policy.
The admission to the ACMS is for the children of eligible serving Army personnel, Ex-Army personnel and war widows/widows of the Army. The children who belong to the following categories of Army personnel are eligible and they have to submit the relevant certificate for admission to ACMS at time of Counseling/Admission:
- Serving Army personnel: Children of serving Army personnel with minimum 10 years continuous service in the Army.
- Other Officers: Children of Ex-Army personnel granted/awarded regular pension, family pension, liberalised family pension or disability pension at the time of their superannuation, demise, discharge or Release/Invalidment Medical Board.
- Ex-Army Personnel: Children of Ex-Army personnel who have resigned or been released after ten years of continuous service.
Category 2: Adopted/step children and children of remarried widows
- Adopted Children: Adopted Children of Army personnel provided they have been adopted five years prior to seeking admission.
- Step Children: Step children are eligible, only if they are born from a wedding where at least one parent belonged to the Army
Category 3: Special Cases
- Army Medical/Dental Corps Officers: Children of Army Medical/Dental Corps Officers who are at present with Navy or Air Force but have served in the Army for at least 10 years.
- Ex-serviceman: Children of APS personnel classified as Ex-serviceman.
- APS personnel on Deputation: Children of APS personnel who are on deputation and who have been put to serve the Indian army for 10 years.
- Direct APS Personnel: Children of APS personnel who are directly recruited into APS & competed for 10 years of service and who as per their terms and conditions of service, retired from APS without reversion to P&T Department after completing their minimum pensionable service of which 10 years was in the Army.
- TA personnel: Children of TA personnel who have completed 10 years of service.
Kindly Note: Children of Air Force, Navy and Paramilitary forces like CRPF, BSF, ITBP, CISF, Assam Riffles, GREF and DSC are not eligible for the admission in ACMS
North Delhi Municipal Corporation (Medical College)
Hindu Rao Hospital
- Total Seats: 50
- Total Fees Payable: Rs 1,12,500
- Candidates who have passed Class 12 Qualifying Examination from recognised School/College in Delhi are only eligible for MBBS Programme in North Delhi Municipal Corporation (Medical College) Hindu Rao Hospital.
- The reservation certificate should be issued by the Govt. of NCT of Delhi
Allocation of Seats
Category-wise allocation of seats has been given below is as per the last year. The changes if any will be notified on the University website before the start of counselling/admissions.
|Category||Number of Seats|
|15% All India Quota||08|
Vardhman Mahavir Medical College, Delhi
- Total Seats: 150
- Total Fees Payable: Rs 1,40,000 (For some seat fee may be charged under subsidised rate)
Definition of Categories for admission into Vardhaman Mahavir Medical College Delhi
- Delhi Region Category: Candidates who have passed Class 12 Qualifying Examination from recognised School/College in Delhi shall fall under Delhi Region Category.
- All India Region Category: Candidates who have passed Class 12 Qualifying Examination from recognised School/College in any part of the country shall fall under All India Region Category.
- Something Great: The candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from any School/College located in Delhi shall be considered for admission under both “Delhi Region Category” as well as “All India Region Category.
- Physically Handicapped: One seat for Physically Handicapped person/Person with Disability will be filled on the basis of merit from any region or category.
Distribution of MBBS Seats at Vardhaman Mahavir Medical College
|1) All India Region||Category||Number of Seats|
|Non Subsidized||Open for All Categories||09|
|Total of 1||41|
|2) Delhi Region
|Non Subsidized||Open for All Categories||16|
|Total of 2||81|
|3) All India Quota to be Filled through||21|
|4) Central Pool of Allocation||06|
|GRAND TOTAL: 1+2+3+4||150|
Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College and Hospital, Delhi
Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College and Hospital is an academic Health Science Center located in Sector 6, Rohini.
Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Medical College is being established by the Government of NCT of Delhi. The Hospital is of total 540 beds and located in 29.4 acre campus.
Total Seats: 100
IP University offers other UG Courses also. You can click on the following links.