WBJEE Result 2018 has been announced and it is available online. For the convenience of candidates, a link to download WBJEE result is available on this page. WBJEE result will provide candidate’s ranks, total scores, component scores and other details. The officials have started the WBJEE counselling process from 9 June 2018. The first round of seat allotment will be on 19 June 2018. To download WBJEE rank card 2018, test takers are required to enter their application number and password. On accessing West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board result of Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy, candidates are advised to download the same and keep it safe until the conclusion of the admission rounds. Every year, the board releases the WBJEE merit list, and candidates whose names are there in the list are eligible for counselling rounds. Earlier, WBJEE result 2018 was scheduled to be announced on 5 June. Know more about WBJEE result 2018, steps to check Rank Card, details printed, etc. here.
- Note: WBJEE can also be taken by students from outside West Bengal for some of the courses.
Latest Update - WBJEE first round of seat allotment on 19 June 2018. Get the WBJEE counselling schedule on the below provided link.
WBJEE Counselling schedule - Click Here
WBJEE Result 2018 Date
WBJEE Exam Dates
|22 April 2018|
WBJEE Result 2018 (Engineering,
|23 May 2018|
WBJEE Counselling registration
|9 June - 15 June|
WBJEE 1st round of seat allotment
WBJEE Result 2018 - B.Tech, B.Pharm and B.Arch
WBJEE Result for Engineering, Architecture and Pharmacy has been declared on 23 May 2018. The result is available for the candidates who have appeared in WBJEE 2018. WBJEE Result 2018 is declared by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB) for admission to various Universities/ Colleges/ self-financing technical institutes in West Bengal for degree courses in Engineering, Pharmacy.
Steps to check WBJEE Result
- Step 1: Enter WBJEE Application and Password
- Step 2: Select Date of Birth (If required)
- Step 3: View and verify WBJEE Rank Card
- Step 4: Download the rank card
Latest Update: Click Here to Check Rank
Latest Update: Click Here to Download Rank Card
WBJEE Rank Card 2018
With the declaration of WBJEE result, the candidates can download the Rank Card. The rank card has the following. Not all the candidates are allotted the rank, only those candidates who are allotted rank who have qualified the cutoff set up by the board.
Types of Ranks awarded by WBJEEB
- The candidates will be awarded a General Merit Rank (GMR) and Pharmacy Merit Rank (PMR).
- Category Ranks - The candidates will also be awarded SC Rank, ST Rank, OBC-A Rank, OBC-B Rank, PwD Rank, TFW Rank.
- General merit rank will be used for admission in Engineering / Technology / Architecture Courses and to the Pharmacy Course in Jadavpur University. GMR will be used for counselling.
- Total WBJEE score and component scores in paper-I (Mathematics) and paper-II (Physics & Chemistry).
- The candidates who appeared in Paper 1 and 2 will be eligible for admission in engineering, pharmacy and architecture courses
- The candidate who appeared only in Paper 2 are eligible for only the pharmacy course (except Jadavpur University)
WBJEE 2018 Opening and Closing Rank NEW
WBJEE 2018 was conducted on 22 April 2018. The candidates who appeared in the exam can now check the opening and closing rank. Opening and closing rank are first and last ranks for which the seats will be allotted to the students. The link to check the rank is given below. In order to check the opening and closing rank of WBJEE, the candidates have to enter the following.
- Round Number
- Exam Type
- Institute Name
- Branch Name
Click Here to check WBJEE Opening and Closing Rank
Availability of OMR Sheet and answer key after WBJEE Result
The WBJEEB had made available the OMR Sheet, and the final answer key of the exam and the student had the facility to download and challenge the OMR sheet as well as the answer key. After the result is declared neither the answer key nor the OMR sheet will be available. If the student forgot to download the answer key or OMR sheet and still wants access to that then he/she has to pay Rs 500 by demand draft in the name of ‘West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board’ payable at Kolkata for each document. The document will be sent to the candidate to his/her registered email ID.
WBJEE Rank and Tie Breaking after Result declaration
In WBJEE 2018, there are three separate merit lists for Engineering and Pharmacy (for Pharmacy colleges other than in Jadavpur University).
WBJEE Engineering Rank Tie Breaking Method
WBJEEM Merit list for successful candidates in the Engineering category will be prepared by listing them in the descending order of the total marks scored by them. However, there may be ties, and such ties will be broken by sequentially applying the following set of rules.
- Less negative marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry taken together
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Physics taken together
- More positive marks in Mathematics and Chemistry taken together
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Physics took together
- Less negative marks in Mathematics and Chemistry took together
- More positive marks in Mathematics for only the two marks questions
- More positive marks in Physics for only the two marks questions.
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only the two marks questions
- Less negative marks in Mathematics for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions
WBJEE Pharmacy WBJEE (other than in Jadavpur University):
WBJEE Merit list for successful candidates For Pharmacy other than in Jadavpur University will be prepared by listing them in the descending order of the total marks scored by them in Physics & Chemistry from all types (‘E’, ‘M’, ‘C’). However, there may be ties and such ties will be broken by sequentially applying the following set of rules:
- Less negative marks in Physics & Chemistry
- More positive marks in Chemistry
- Less negative marks in Chemistry
- More positive marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Chemistry for only the 2 marks questions
- More positive marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions
- Less negative marks in Physics for only the 2 marks questions
WBJEE Counselling 2018 After Result
The candidates who qualify for WBJEE Exam will be called for the allotment of seats. Detailed counselling schedule including the Date, Time, Venue and other details will be declared after WBJEE Result. The detailed information regarding admission to the concerned Universities / Colleges and allotment of seats will also be published later. It is to be noted that being Merit Listed does not mean that the candidate is eligible for admission to any concerned University / College, admission will be confirmed only after the WBJEE Counselling.
WBJEE Architecture Admission 2018
WBJEE Board has released the Architecture admission notice for admission in architecture colleges in the state of West Bengal. The admission in all architecture colleges except Jadhavpur University will be done online counselling conducted by WBJEE. All candidates seeking admission in the architecture course should have attained 50% Markin in Class 12th (Physics, Maths, Chemistry) and also 50% Marks in aggregate.
WBJEE Result Notification (22 May 2018)
In case of any query regarding WBJEE Result 2018, you can write in the comment section below.