Seats are reserved for the following categories of the candidates of Assam:
- Schedule Castes: 7% of the college intake capacity.
- Scheduled Tribe
- Schedule Tribes (Plains): 10% of the college intake capacity.
- Schedule Tribes (Hills): 5% of the college intake capacity.
Complete Details on Assam CEE 2018
- Other Backward Classes (includes MOBC): 15% of the college intake capacity.
- Sons and daughters of Ex-servicemen: 1 seat in each the college.
- Children, and grandchildren (both paternal, and maternal) of freedom fighters: 1 seat in the college
- Physically handicapped: 1 seat in the college.
- Tea garden labour community: 1 seat in the college.
- Best cadet of the NCC: 1 seat in the college.
- Sportsman/Sportswoman representing the State: 1 seat in the college.
- In addition, some seats are reserved for candidates nominated by the states of Sikkim, Nagaland, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram as per allocation of the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development Department, New Delhi.
- Seven seats are reserved for sons and daughters of employees of the Central Government and Central Public Sector Undertakings, posted in Assam, and having served in the state for at least one year, preceding the last date fixed for submitting applications for admission. Such candidates must fulfil the following two criteria:
- Their parents must not be permanent residents of Assam,
- They must have passed the qualifying examination from an institute located outside the state of Assam.
Note: If any of the seats mentioned in the above categories remain vacant, for want of eligible candidates, they shall be filled up by from the general merit list of the Admission Test, in order of merit.
Exemption from Examination
- Candidates nominated against reserved seats for other States, Union Territories, and Foreign Countries by their respective Governments, provided they satisfy the conditions for eligibility.
- Candidates ranked within the first 10 positions in the Assam Higher Secondary (Science Stream) Examination of the Assam Higher Secondary Education Council, provided they secure not less than 75% marks in aggregate in the year in which they seek admission. Such candidates must apply for direct admission within 10 days of publication of their qualifying examination results, to the Director of Technical Education, Assam.
For any query related to Reservation of Seats in Assam CEE, candidates can write to us in the comments section below.