World Bank’s Young Professionals Program 2018
About World Bank’s Young Professionals Program
World Bank’s Young Professionals Program 2018 is an opportunity for young professionals to start their career and join World Bank.Every year 40 young fellows are selected by the means of World Bank’s Young Professionals Program. World Bank’s Young Professionals Program 2018 is open for candidates below 32 years with a Master’s Degree & 3 years of development-related work experience or a PhD. On this page, the complete information about the World Bank’s Young Professionals Program is given and the candidates need to scroll down below to get the complete details.
The candidates selected for World Bank’s Young Professionals Program 2018 will get the salary of international standards along with training, financial support, insurance and various other benefits. The applications for World Bank’s Young Professionals Program 2018 has started from 14 June 2017 which are available until 28 July 2017. The candidates should know that the application form can be filled only through online mode.
World Bank's Young Professional Programme Dates 2018
|YPP Application process begins
||14 June 2017
|YPP Application process ends
||28 July 2017
|Review of applications
||June to September 2017
|Technical review of second round candidates
|Updating candidates about Interview
||November to December 2017
||December 2017 to January 2018
|New YP cohorts start
Subscribe for Regular Updates of World Bank’s Young Professionals Program
World Bank’s Young Professionals Program Eligibility Criteria
||Master’s or Ph.D.
- Nationality: The scholarship will be provided to the applicants belonging to the member countries of World Bank.
- Age: The applicant should be born on or after 1 October 1985 i.e. should be younger than 32 years.
- Academic Qualification: The applicant should possess a PhD or Master’s Degree along with relevant work experience.
- Specialisation: The candidate should possess specialisation in field relevant to WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others
- Experience: The applicant should have 3 years of development-related professional work experience or continued academic study till doctoral level.
- Language: Fluency in English is must and fluency in WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish will be a plus point.
World Bank’s Young Professionals Program Reward
otal 40 candidates will be selected from all the applications received. The fellows selected for World Bank’s Young Professionals Program will get the following benefits:
- Professional Experience: As part of their two-year program and keeping in mind the business needs of their hiring units and the interest of Young Professionals, they are expected to undertake a “Stretch/Exposure Assignment” where they will gain valuable on-the-job experience.
- Training: A very well designed curriculum will enable the candidates to develop a WBG mind set and quickly inculcate qualities like collaboration, leadership, integrative thinking, and innovation skills while strengthening a culture of continuous learning.
- Salary: The fellows selected for the program will get internationally competitive salary on the basis of their education and experience.
- Insurance: The candidates can select from Health, Life, Accident and other insurance programs depending upon their preference.
- Pension Plan: After separation from World Bank, the candidate will be eligible for either a lump sum or pension depending on his/her eligibility.
- Other benefits: The candidates will get other benefits such as relocation benefits, mobility premium, financial assistance and tax allowance.
World Bank’s Young Professionals Program Application form and Process
The application process for the World Bank YPP scholarship has started and the candidates can apply through online mode by following the link available on this page below. The Young Professional application for the scholarship needs to be made through online only.
Click Here to Apply Online
- Required Documents: The following documents are to be uploaded in order to complete the submission of the application form:
- An updated Curriculum Vitae: The applicant should upload recent and up to date Curriculum Vitae in order to complete the application process.
- Transcripts: Transcripts of educational certificates are mandatory to be uploaded while making the application.
- Summary of Thesis: Applicants are required to submit a summary of the thesis submitted by them during their Masters or PhD.
- Essay: Applicants are required to write an essay and submit it while completing the application process. The details of the essay are as follow:
- Topic: The applicants need to write about their own contribution and the potential role of World Bank in resolving some of the challenges for the topic in not more than 1,000 words. They should focus on their area of expertise to describe your proposal.
- Format: The essay needs to be submitted in doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
- Size: Maximum 5 MB.
Topic for the World Bank's Young Profession Programme 2018
As mentioned above that the candidates have to submit the essay of fewer than 1,000 words about their own contribution and the potential role of World Bank in resolving some of the challenges in the topic. The topic for this year would be:
World Bank’s Young Professionals Program Selection Process
Selection Criteria: The selection of the candidate will be done on the basis of the following criteria:
- Client Orientation
- Professional Experience
- Team Leadership
- Interview: Interview will be a full day event and will be divided into 2 basic sections and the candidates invited to interviews will be asked to come to the WBG from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM. The interviews will be conducted in two sections:
- Personal Interview: A 1.5 hours personal interview with an expert panel having 3 members of the expert panel on the same field as of the candidate.
- Assessment Center: The group assessment centre is done with four other candidates. It consists of a series of individual and group exercises related to an international development case study that is given to the candidates at the start of the AC.
World Bank’s Young Professionals Program Contact Details
The World Bank
1818 H Street, NW
Washington, DC 20433
Phone: (202) 473-1000
Fax: (202) 477-6391
Stanford Biodesign Innovation Fellowship 2017: iFellowship is a program launched by AIIMS and IIT Delhi, in association with Stanford University,... Read More
TVE Biomovies Short Film Competition is an initiative by Television for the Environment (TVE) in associations with United Nations Framework Conve... Read More
West Bengal state Level Essay Writing competition is for both the School Students and the Undergraduate students studying in West Bengal. The students... Read More
Wild Wisdom Quiz Contest 2017 for Junior & Middle School Students registration process is already started. The Wild Wisdom Quiz is an attempt... Read More