World Bank Analyst Program 2017
About World Bank Analyst Program
World Bank Analyst Program 2017 is a new and unique opportunity for exceptionally talented young people with a passion for international development to contribute to solving some of the world’s most critical problems. Candidates can apply to a maximum of two streams. Participants holding a Master’ degree and who want to pursue their career at World Bank Group are eligible to apply. The Application will start from 5 April and the last date to apply is 21 April 2017.
The participants who will get selected in the World Bank Analyst Program will undergo 3 years structured program & work in an intellectually challenging and culturally diverse environment within a specific practice, region, or corporate unit in the World Bank Group, which includes the following.
The person might also get an opportunity to continue their career in the World Bank Group. For this program, the candidate will be posted in either Washington DC or any of the country office in World Bank.
- World Bank
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- The Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA)
- International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes.
World Bank Analyst Program 2017 Dates
|5 to 21 April 2017
Status Update to All Applicants
|3 May 2017
Online logical reasoning and
|8 to 12 May 2017
Assessment Test Result
|24 May 2017
Candidates are contacted for interviews/ further testing.
|May 2017 & 31 January 2018
Subscribe for Regular Updates of World Bank Analyst Program
World Bank Analyst Program Eligibility Criteria
- Should have Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
- Age: Candidates must be 28 years of age or younger (i.e., born on or after 1 January 1989)
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have a master's or bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Candidates who are currently pursuing a degree are eligible if the degree will be awarded by 31 December 2017
- Work Experience: Candidates must have one to three years of relevant work experience in one or more speciality areas. Experience working or studying in developing countries is preferred. Having more than 3 years experience or less than 1 years experience will not be considered.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency or proficiency in other languages, in particular, Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Spanish or Russian, is preferred.
- Additional Requirements
- Analytical thinking, proven the academic success, strong written and oral communication skills, and leadership potential.
- Passion for contributing to the World Bank Group mission to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
World Bank Analyst Program Reward
The rewards to the applicants are being offered in the form of Contract, Salary, Health, Life and Accident Insurance, etc. The complete details regarding the compensation and benefits provided to the Analysts of the World Bank are described below.
- Contract: Local term contract of three years is being offered to the applicants as a compensation and benefits.
- Salary: WBG Analysts are offered a captivating salary based on their education and professional experience.
- Insurance Programs: The Insurance programs of different kinds also get offered to the WBG Analysts and their families. The WBG facilitates basic life and accidental insurance to all their staff at no cost. The staffs have the option to choose the optional life and accidental insurance plans. The WBG also provides disability and Workers' Compensation coverage to staff at no cost.
- Pension Plan: The pension plan is also facilitated by the WBG for the eligible staff. The WBG provides either a lump sum or a pension to the staff based on their eligibility upon the separation from WBG.
- Relocation Benefits on Appointment: Relocation benefits such as the benefit of relocation to the new country or cash allowance on appointment will be granted by the WBG to the analysts at the discretion of their hiring unit.
- Tax Allowance: U.S. staff receive an additional quarterly payment to cover the U.S., state and local income tax liabilities on their World Bank Group income. Expatriates and U.S. permanent residents do not incur U.S. income tax liability and are thus not eligible for this benefit.
- Financial Assistance: The World Bank Group offers financial assistance programs, including a two-year interest-free settling-in loan to those who relocate upon appointment.
World Bank Analyst Program Application form and Process
The application form for the World Bank Analyst Program can be filled online by following the link below. The steps given below should be followed by the candidates to fill the application form:
Click here to Apply
- Speciality Areas: Candidates may apply and be considered for up to two of the speciality areas in World Bank Analyst Program that is Operation, Finance, Management Accounting, Information Technology.
- Registration: Candidates who have not registered to a World Bank position in the past but not registered through “member centre” should create a new user account.
- Basic Details: Candidates must enter their basic details such as name, date of birth, address and contact information, gender, nationality etc.
- Educational and language Skills: Candidates must write their educational background in the application form.
- Statement of Interest and CV: Candidates must enter their Statement of Interest for the position they are applying for and also upload a CV with a maximum of 150 KB. The format of CV must be .pdf, .doc, .rtf, .txt, .html, no photograph of the candidates must be there in the CV.
- Screening: Candidates must answer to some of the additional questions relating to their professional careers.
- Verify and Submit: Candidates must verify the details mentioned in the Online application form very carefully and press the “submit” button and can also print a summary of the application.
World Bank Analyst Program Selection Process
- The whole selection process takes up to four months but can also take longer depending on when the business needs are expressed.
- Once the candidates have passed the behavioural assessment, they will be contacted by the hiring department, who does the shortlisting process.
- The assessment is a computer-generated test eliminating the bottom 30%.
- There are only 15 to 35 positions depending upon the business needs.
Process of Selecting WBG Analysts
Skype interview: In this process, the analysts will be reviewing current and past experience/ academic background to date and interests.
Writing test: The candidates will be provided with the understanding of the case study in which the candidates required to summarise the critical messages to be delivered.
Excel/ analytical test: After the written test, the excel/ analytical test will be held and the process will go on further.
Panel interviews of prospective hiring teams: In this part, assessing current and past experience/ academic background and current interests, testing competencies and potential fit will be considered.
World Bank Analyst Program Contact Details
1818 H Street, NW Washington,
DC 20433 USA
Tel: (202) 473-1000
Fax: (202) 477-6391
Aakash Talent Quest Scholarship is for Class 12 Students for undertaking Crash Course and All India Test series for Engineering and Medical ... Read More
2nd Bird Photography Contest 2018 will be held as an event under the 2nd Bird Festival of Goa 2018 which is organized by Goa Forest Con... Read More
FIITJEE FTRE 2017 is a national level talent examination conducted at FIITJEE centres located all over the country for s... Read More
ICSO, International Company Secretaries Olympiad is being organised by Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) in collaboration with The Institute of Compan... Read More