UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2016
About UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2016
- The Bradman Foundation in association with the University of Wollongong has come up with UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship Scheme for one Indian student who has completed his/her Senior Secondary Education from any of the Indian School affiliated with ICSE/CBSE/ or any other State Board.
- The University of Wollongong Bradman Foundation Scholarship Scheme is offered every year to one undergraduate or post-graduate students who are already at the University of Wollongong, Australia.
- Named after the legendary cricketer Sir Don Bradman, this scholarship is for students who are looking for a place where they can explore the opportunity to both studies & play cricket.
- This scholarship offers Indian students a platform where they get the world-class education, empowering them with knowledge and the best of job opportunities.
- Under the scholarship scheme, scholars will receive a 50% tuition fee waiver from the University of Wollongong for each academic year as the scholarship reward.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2016
UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2016 Eligibility Criteria
- Must be a citizen of India
- The student should be enrolled at UOW or must have received an unconditional offer of a place in a UOW bachelor level course.
- Educational Qualification: Applicants completed higher secondary in any of the Indian School affiliated with ICSE/CBSE/other Indian State approved boards with a minimum 70% marks average in the best four subjects can apply for the UOW Scholarship.
- Bachelor degree with a minimum of 55% average in a course not less than 3 years from Section 1 University, 60% average from a Section 2 University and 65% average from a Section 3 University.
- Age Criteria: Should have turned 18 years prior to the commencement of the relevant course at the UOW campus.
- Sports Excellence: Have a club/higher level of participation in Cricket.
UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2016 Reward
On person will be selected for UOW Bradman Foundation scholarship and will receive a 50% tuition fee waiver from the university to pursue his/her bachelors’ program (for each academic year) at the UOW Campus, Australia.
- In order to avail the scholarship, successful candidate has to go through an agreement with UOW, anticipated to abide by UOW codes of conduct, policies, and regulations;
- Scholars have to pay the balance of tuition fees (not covered by the UOW Bradman Scholarship) on their own. If the scholar fails to do so, the scholarship may be terminated by the UOW.
- Scholars have to obtain and maintain a credit average mark of 65+ in the subsequent years of study to continue with the scholarship.
- Scholar’s progress will be monitored on regular basis and at the end of the each academic year, a written report will be sent to The Bradman Foundation.
UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2016 Application form and Process
Students interested in the UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship can send their application forms through mail on the UOW office address mentioned below or email to email@example.com.
The UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship Scheme Committee,
C/- UniAdvice, University of Wollongong,
Northfields Avenue,University of Wollongong
NSW 2522, Australia
Download the application form for UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship 2016
Note: All the supporting documents along with the application form must reach UOW office on or before September 30, 2016.
The UOW 2016 Bradman Foundation Scholarship Application Guidelines:
- Brief Summary: Letter of application mentioned with a brief summary of the applicant’s life, education and employment (if relevant) personal and career goals; particular hobbies and interests, and what being a UOW Bradman Scholar would mean personally.
- History of education & employment with the information in summary dot point only under headings such as Secondary & Tertiary Education, Record of Employment, any other School, and Community Achievements etc.
- Cricket Reference: One reference regarding the applicant’s participation in cricket – 1 page only.
- This reference must identify the name, title, club or school and contact number of the referee at the top of the page along with their specified comment on the applicant’s cricketing skills. The referee must comment on his or her personal knowledge of the applicant’s cricketing skills.
- Character Reference: One reference regarding the applicant’s character in one page
- Academic Reference: One reference regarding the applicant’s academic achievements including the name, title and contact number of the referee at the top of the page. It should be on 1 page only.
- Certificate of the academic record of the applicant in chronological order.
- Details of other relevant awards, achievements or certificates received by the applicant.
- Birth certificate or relevant Indian Citizenship documents.
- If under 18 years at the time of application, consent from parent or guardian should be enclosed with the application.
- Proof of residency in India
- A copy of the unconditional letter of offer from UOW to the applicant
- A recent photograph of the applicant in either color or black and white in the size of 13cm x 18cm (5” x 7”).
- All the supporting documents must be sent in hard copies.
- Enclose a self-addressed, prepaid envelope with the application form in order to retain the application (in case if asked from the applicant’s end, once the selection is made)
UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2016 Selection Process
Selection procedure for the allotment of the UOW scholarship will be done by a joint committee comprising representatives of both the Bradman Foundation and the University of Wollongong. In the process, eligible applications against the selection criteria will be shortlisted and evaluated further.
Selection Criteria for UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship 2016
Supporting documents for the application procedure along with a written application must be given to the organizing body as the joint selection committee will evaluate the applications on this ground.
- The selection committee will evaluate applicants that he/she is serving the purpose of scheme or not as the purpose is to provide an opportunity to an Indian resident to study at UOW.
- Candidates making applications should have a blend of academic, sporting, personal and social skills that will allow the scholar to serve the purpose & requirements of the scholarship.
- Interpersonal Skills: Candidates’ personal presentation and ability to communicate must be excellent as in case it’s possible that he/she will act as an ambassador for the Bradman Foundation and UOW for the period of the scholarship.
- Applicants should be excited about his/her participation in UOW Social Activities.
- Applicants should be able to conduct themselves with Sir Donald Bradman’s ideals.
- Interest & Hobbies: Candidates should have a range of interests and hobbies relevant and supportive of the UOW Bradman Scholarship;
UOW Bradman Foundation Result 2016: All applicants will be notified in writing about the outcome of their application.
UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2016 Address
The UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship Scheme Committee C/- UniAdvice,University of Wollongong, Northfields Avenue University of Wollongong NSW 2522,Australia
UOW Bradman Foundation Scholarship Scheme 2016 Contact Details
Phone: 1300 367 869
International: +61 2 4221 3218
Switchboard: + 61 2 4221 3555
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More
India Post Independence Day Photography Competition 2017 on Independence Day 2017 is conducted by India Post. Those people who have an interest i... Read More
Pre RMO 2017 (PRE Regional Mathematical Olympiad) is a Mathematical Olympiad conducted for the 25 regions of India and the shortlisted candidates are ... Read More
INSEAD MBA Scholarship is for candidates who have secured admission in MBA Program or are in the process of the personal interview for the INSEAD Asia... Read More