UGC Research Awards for Teachers 2015
- UGC Research Award for Teachers presents a golden opportunity for the teachers who possess Doctorate Degree in their field and are willing to go for research in the related field.
- The UGC Research award is for permanent lecturers, senior lecturers and selection-grade lecturers, readers and professors who are working in a recognized institution and are under the age of 45 years.
- The interested candidates need to make online application on the official website of University Grants Commission.
- The candidates will be allowed to pursue research while being on duty leaves, and will be entitled for normal increment and their seniority at the parent institution will remain unaffected.
- UGC Research Awards are given to 100 candidates every alternate year.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of
|| All India
- Age: The applicant must not be older than 45 years.
- The upper age limit is 50 years in case of Females & reserved category candidates.
- Academic Qualification: The applicant must be have a Ph.D Degree.
- Published research work in reputed journals and contribution to research at national or international level with industries, national organizations and Universities.
- Employment Status: Candidate must be engaged in permanent regular service as lecturers, senior lecturers and selection-grade lecturers, readers and professors in any recognized institution.
Not eligible for the Scholarship
- Candidates who received the research scholarship earlier are not eligible for the award.
UGC Research Award for Teachers
The awardees selected for the scholarship will get the following benefits:
- Number of Awards: A total 100 awards will be given every alternate year.
- Reservation: 15% awards are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, 7.5% wards are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes and 27% for OBC candidates of non-creamy layer.
- Research Grant: For the purchase of journals, books, equipment and chemicals, the awardees will be provided with research grant and the amount of grant will be based on the field they will be pursuing research in. The details are as follow:
- For Humanity and Social Science: Rs.2,00,000 only.
- For Science/Natural Science/ Engineering & Technology: Rs.3,00,000 only.
- Duration: The award will be for the period of 2 years including leaves of 6 months.
- Leaves: The awardee will be on duty leaves and his seniority, and increments will remain unaffected in the parent institute.
- Privileges: The awardee will receive staff quarters, medical assistance holidays and all other privileges that he was entitled at the parent institution.
- Travel Expenses: The expenses for the domestic travel need to be adjusted from the research grant.
- For Foreign Visit: For foreign visit related to the approved research work candidates need prior approval/ no-objection from the institution as well as of UGC. The visit is further subjected to financial liability on the part of UGC.
- For Institution: The institution where the awardee is undertaking research will get reimbursement of full salary of the awardee with admissible allowances.
Application form and Process
UGC Research Awards for Teachers Application process
Those candidates who want to apply for the scholarship need to make online application on the website of University Grants Commission, in order to get enrolled in the selection procedure. The details of the application process are as follow:
- Online Application: The application for the award need to be made online at the official website of UGC. >> Apply Online
- No offline applications: The applications for the fellowship need to be made online only and there is no process for offline application.
- Application Form: The application form needs to be filled using the personal information along with the information related to academic qualifications of the applicant.
- Submission of Application Form: Candidates need to complete the online application process. There is no need to send any printed document or application form to UGC by post.
UGC Research Awards for Teachers Selection Process
The selection for the Awards will be done on the basis of merit list prepared out of all the applications received for the award and as per the procedure of the commission.
- The selection process will be based on the criteria designed by the University Grants Commission. All the applications received will be inspected, and short listed by the Commission.
- The short listed candidates will be called for Interview.
University Grants Commission
Bahadur Shah Zafar
Marg New Delhi– 110002
For technical help:
Dharmesh Shah: firstname.lastname@example.org
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme 2017-18 is organised by the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation. The foundation awards interest-free loan scholarship... Read More
The Anthem Essay competition is one of the three essay writing competitions conducted by AYN Rand Education.The student has to write an essay on any o... Read More
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is offered by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in partnership with UK Universities undertake Master Level St... Read More
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship 2017 offers scholarships to people from developing countries who are motivated to make a difference at home.... Read More