The 46th UPU Letter Writing Competition 2016 -17
About Universal Postal Union Letter Writing Competition
About UPU - Established in 1874, the Universal Postal Union (UPU), with its headquarters in the Swiss capital Berne, is the second oldest international organisation worldwide and it has 192 member countries. The Department of Posts conducts The UPU Letter Writing Competition every year. Students up to the age of 15 years are invited to take part in the competition and write a 1000 words letter on the subject given.
- The Specifications of the letter needs to be:
- Subject: "Imagine you are an advisor to the UN Secretary-General which world would you help him tackle first and would you advise him to solve it"
- Word Limit: Maximum 1000 words
- Language: English or any language scheduled in Constitution of India.
The on the spot competition is scheduled to be held on Sunday, January 8, 2017, 10.00 AM. to 11.00 AM.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Universal Postal Union Letter Writing Competition
Universal Postal Union Letter Writing Competition Eligibility Criteria
||Up to 15 years.
- Age: The participants of 46th UPU Letter Writing Competition needs to be up to the age of 15 years as on March 31, 2017.
- Language: The Letter should be in English or any other language that is listed in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution.
- Languages in 8th Schedule of the Constitution are Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu
Universal Postal Union Letter Writing Competition Reward
The reward to the National and International Level will be distributed as according to the reward criteria given below. The winner of the national level will get Rs 5,000 and a certificate and the winner of International Level will get a Gold medal.
46th UPU Reward at the National Level
||Rs. 5,000 and a Certificate
||Rs. 3,000 and a Certificate
||Rs. 2,000 and a Certificate
||Rs. 1,000 To the best entry from each Postal Circle and certificate.
The best entry at the national level shall qualify as the Official Indian Entry for the International level Competition.
46th UPU Reward at the International Level
The top three entries will be awarded
- Bronze and
- Silver medal
Along with a Certificate and UPU official postage stamp from UPU.
Universal Postal Union Letter Writing Competition Application form and Process
The application for the 46th UPU Letter Writing Competition 2016 -17 has been started. The candidates are provided with the information on filling and submitting the application form.
46th UPU Letter Writing Competition 2016-17 - Apply here
The participants applying for the 46th UPU Letter Writing Competition need to follow the instructions given below.
- Participants can get the application form from the office of the Senior Superintendent of Post offices or Superintendent of post offices in the respective areas.
- The application has to be submitted in duplicate.
The candidates have to provide following details on the first page of the entry that would be submitted. The candidates are advised to fill the details mentioned below carefully
- Candidate's Name: Enter the Full name in capital letters
- Passport size photograph: A passport size photo of the candidate has to be pasted on the first page of the entry.
- Date of Birth of the Student
- Father's /guardian's name: Enter the full name of the father or guardian
- Name of School / Institution: Write the name of the school or institution in which the candidate is studying in.
- Full Postal Address of the School
Admit Card and Roll No.
- Entry in the Examination Hall will be by Hall Permits to be issued by the Chief Postmaster General/Postmaster General/School Principal concerned.
- Each participant will be allotted a Roll No. by the concerned Chief Postmaster General/Postmaster General/School Principal.
Submission of 46th UPU Letter Writing Competition Application
Participants are advised to check the details of the application form before the final submission because once the application has been processed then the candidates will not be able to do any changes.
Participating Schools are directed to forward the entries on or before December 21, 2016,to the Chief Postmaster General of their States for evaluation, who will submit the three best entries to the Postal Directorate, New Delhi
Universal Postal Union Letter Writing Competition Selection Process
At India Level
The applications would be received by Chief Postmaster General of their States and they will submit the three best entries to Postal Directorate, New Delhi
At the International Level
The award-winning entries will be selected by The Universal Postal Union.
Universal Postal Union Letter Writing Competition Address
For further details contact
the Chief Postmasters General / Postmasters General / Director Postal Services of your circle / Region.
ACST 2017 Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams a... Read More
India Post Independence Day Photography Competition 2017 on Independence Day 2017 is conducted by India Post. Those people who have an interest i... Read More
Pre RMO 2017 (PRE Regional Mathematical Olympiad) is a Mathematical Olympiad conducted for the 25 regions of India and the shortlisted candidates are ... Read More
INSEAD MBA Scholarship is for candidates who have secured admission in MBA Program or are in the process of the personal interview for the INSEAD Asia... Read More