TED Fellowship Program 2017
About TED Fellowship Program
- TED Fellowship Program is a global network of 400 innovators and trailblazers in which every year 20 people from around the world are selected to participate in either the TED or TED Global. It is not an academic fellowship thus anybody who has done remarkable in their field can apply for this program and thus a strong academic record is not a requirement to apply.
- TED Fellowship is for people who’ve made major breakthroughs or have achieved outstanding results through their innovative inventions. The selected fellows will become part of the TED Conference 2017 in Vancouver,Canada.
- The Application Process for TED Fellowship opens twice in a year. One is for TED and other for TED Global.
- Dates for the TED 2017 application cycle is as follows: There are different opening and closing dates for the TED2017 and TEDGlobal2017. The dates for TED Fellows 2017 are:
- Opening date: June 13, 2016
- Closing date: July 30, 2016
- The TED Fellows are selected across all disciplines based on the strength of their achievements, their potential for impact and their character.
- 20 candidates each will be selected for TED and TED Global to attend TED Conference in Vancouver Canada.
- Once the TED Fellowship year has passed, 10 candidates are selected from the pool of existing Fellows for the two-year TED Senior Fellows program
What is the difference between TED and TED Global?
- TED is our historic, flagship event, taking place annually since 1984. TED attracts about 1,300 attendees and three-quarters of its speakers and attendees are from the US.
- TEDGlobal, held annually in Europe, is TED's twin conference, sharing its format and audience -- but with a stronger international approach. Of its 700 attendees, it draws a more global audience and speaker line-up (three-quarters from outside of the US).
Subscribe for Regular Updates of TED Fellowship Program
TED Fellowship Program Eligibility Criteria
- Marks and GPA holds little value, Accomplished projects and innovations are evaluated.
- The candidate whose age is 18 years and above can apply. But the target is 21-40 years.
- TED Conferences are conducted in English, English proficiency is a requirement.
- Every fellow should possess fine character and a good heart.
TED Fellowship Program Reward
- Participation in TED and TED Global conferences in Vancouver, Canada.
- TED pays for round-trip economy airfare, ground transportation to and from the conference location, and meals and shared accommodation on site.
- Senior TED Fellows gets an Opportunity to deliver a TED Talk on the TED University or main TED stage.
- The Senior Fellows program is an extended two-year Fellowship program. Fellows who have completed the terms of their fellowship may apply to be a TED Senior Fellow. Every year, all the TED Fellows from the previous year who have applied for the Senior Fellows program will be pooled; 10 from among these will be selected to be Senior Fellows.
- The TED Fellowship offers access to an exclusive private network of change-makers, unique skills-building workshops and the mentorship of world-renowned experts.
- Fellows have access to personal mentorship opportunities and speaker coaching
TED Fellowship Program Application form and Process
- The TED 2017 Fellowship application is now open! To apply candidates have to fill the Application form online.
- Click here to apply
- Simply filling the Application Form is not the only task but the candidates also have to write an Essay and provide three references.
- TED Fellow Application Form deadline: Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. UTC / 7:59 p.m. ET.
Tips for Applying
- Be concise
- Actions & Academics.
- Don't be afraid to brag: Mention about your accomplishments and what makes you exceptional.
- Websites, photos, articles, etc: Try to give links of what you’ve created and built and of your accomplishments.
- Save an offline copy
- At the top of the application, candidates must select the box corresponding to the conference they would like to be considered for.
Kindly Note: The application processes for the TED and TED Global Conferences different.
TED Fellowship Program Selection Process
- TED Fellows selections are made by the staff of the program, with extensive reference checking and consultation with experts across all fields.
- As such till date there is no algorithm or hard and fast rule for how to select the TED Fellows.
Usually the candidates are selected on the basis of below mentioned measures:
- based on their accomplishments in their respective fields
- the potential impact of their work
- most importantly, their character.
TED Fellowship Program Address
TED Conferences, LLC
250 Hudson St.
New York, NY 10013
TED Fellowship Program Contact Details
Microsoft Imagine Cup are open for those contestants those who are required to build new and innovative software applications. The time... Read More
Compudon is a gateway to the Microsoft Office World Championship. Compudon Season 7, which powers the Microsoft Office Specialist India Championship 2... Read More
KSHEC Scholarship applications has now been started and the candidates can now apply for the scholarship on or before 30 April 2017. Kerala Government... Read More
ONGC National Competition on Research and Innovation in Energy is an initiative by ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited) to encourage the You... Read More