Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship 2016
Last date to apply
June 30, 2016
Extended Date: July 15, 2016
About Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship is a Scholarships for Girl students, who is the only child of her parents and want to pursue higher studies in the field of Social Sciences. Interested female candidates need to make online applications at the official website of University Grants Commission for Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship.
The applicant must have a post-graduate degree in the related field and should also be younger than 40 years.It is a UGC Scholarship under which, the candidates can pursue PhD in Social Science in any recognised University / Institution.
- Every year 300 scholarships are awarded under Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship.
Scholarship for Girls - Complete List
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| All India
|| Post Graduate
Age: The applicant must not be older than 40 years.
- The upper age limit is 45 years in the case of candidates belonging to reserved categories.
Academic Qualification: The applicant must have a Post graduate Degree in Social Science.
Single Child of the Family: The applicant must be a single child of her parents or twin daughters or fraternal daughter.
Not eligible for the Scholarship
- The candidates belonging to the family having a son and a daughter are not entitled to the scholarship.
- The applicant must pursue regular Full-Time Ph.D. in Social Science, courses being pursued under distance education are not covered under the scholarship.
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship Reward
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship has the following benefits that will be provided to the candidates who will be selected for the Scholarship. The details of the same are as follow:
- Number of Awards: A total 300 awards will be distributed under this UGC Scholarship.
- Amount of Scholarship: The amount of scholarship will be Rs.12,400 per month for the first two years and Rs.15,500 per month for the next two years
- Duration: The scholarship will be for the period of 4 years but can be extended to 1 more year under exceptional cases.
- Leaves: The scholars will get leaves of 30 days excluding public holidays.
- Maternity Leaves: During the period of the scholarship candidate can avail maternity leave once.
- Hostel and Medical: No additional amount will be paid for hostel charges or medical charges.
Termination of Scholarship
UGC may terminate scholarship of any candidate in case of the following:
- Misconduct of the awardees, if any, reported by the University/Institution.
- Unsatisfactory progress report.
- Candidates being found ineligible at a later date shall face the penal action and will also be liable to refund the entire scholarship amount paid.
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship Application form and Process
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Scholarship can only be made Online. The female candidates who want to apply for the scholarship need to make an online application using the UGC Scholarship portal. The details of the application process are as follow:
Click here to Apply Online
- Online Application: The interested female applicants need to submit an online application using UGC scholarship website. The link of the application form will be updated as soon it will be available.
- Application Form: The personal and academic information of the female candidate need to be uploaded in the required fields of the online application form.
- Documents Required: The following documents need to be submitted:
- Proof of being single girl child: An affidavit on 50 Rs. Stamp Paper from parent/student duly attested by Gazetted Officer or First class Magistrate.
- Mark Sheets: Mark sheets of Undergraduate, as well as post-graduate courses, need to be submitted.
- Proof of Admission: the candidate needs to submit a proof of admission into a Ph.D. course in a recognised institution covered under UGC Act.
- Certificate: A certificate from the institution where the student has taken admission for her Ph.D. course.
- No offline applications: The applications for the fellowship need to be made online only and there is no process for offline application.
Submission of Application
Candidates need to complete the online application process. There is no need to send any printed document or application form to UGC by post. However, the candidates can take a print-out copy of the duly filled in Application Form for future use.
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship Selection Process
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Scholarship Selection of Awards will be done on the basis of merit list prepared out of all the applications received for the award and as per the procedure of the commission.
- The selection will be done by the procedure of the commission. An Expert Committee formed by UGC will be responsible for the selection.
- Result: The result of the scholarship in the form of a list of selected candidates will be made available on the website.
- Award Letters: Award letters can also be downloaded by the selected candidates after logging into their account using the ID generated while making the application.
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship Address
University Grants Commission
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
New Delhi– 110002
Swami Vivekananda Single Girl Child Scholarship Contact Details
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme 2017-18 is organised by the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation. The foundation awards interest-free loan scholarship... Read More
The Anthem Essay competition is one of the three essay writing competitions conducted by AYN Rand Education.The student has to write an essay on any o... Read More
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is offered by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in partnership with UK Universities undertake Master Level St... Read More
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship 2017 offers scholarships to people from developing countries who are motivated to make a difference at home.... Read More