Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungary 2017
About Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungary 2017
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungry 2017 is in accordance with the Educational Exchange Programme Agreement signed between Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and the Ministry of Human Resource Development, India. Hungary has tied up with close to 41 countries of the world for study in Hungary program through scholarships. 26 Hungarian higher education institutions are engaged in the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungry 2017 for the 2017-2018 academic session with a total of 421 study programmes.
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship program was launched by the Government of Hungary in 2013 and it is for studies in higher education.
In India, the whole scholarship process is under the UGC and155 scholarships are available for Indian students for academic session 2017-18. The last date to apply for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship is 5 March 2017.
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2017 Courses
||No. of Scholarships
|UG studies (B.A / B.Sc Full time)
- Natural and life sciences
- Information technology
- Business and management
|Graduate Programs (M.A/M.Sc-Full time)
- Natural and life sciences
- Information technology
- Business and management
|1.5 - 2 years
|PhD (Full time) /Part time
- Full Time: In any field of interest
- Part Time: Available for PhD students who intend to do research for their dissertation (Part-time)
Type of Scholarship: Fully Paid Scholarship
Course level: UG, Masters & PhD.
Number of Awards: 155
Country for Study: Hungary
Course Commence: September 2017
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2017 Important Dates
|Submitting Application to TPF & UGC
||5 March 2017
|First round of Selection
||9 April 2017
|Second Round: Institutional admission Examinations
|Notification of selected result
||End of June 2017
|Visa Application Proces
|Arrival to Hungary
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungary 2017
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungary 2017 Eligibility Criteria
||Undergraduate, Postgraduate, M.Phil / Ph.D and post-doctoral students.
It is to be noted that Students applying for the following Courses must have appropriate knowledge of English on a level determined by the host institution.
- For B.A/B.Sc.Courses: Students should hold Secondary School Certificate or equivalent.
- For M.A./M.Sc.Courses: Students should hold B.A. /B.Sc. degree/certificate.
- For Ph D. Program: Students who hold M.A. /M.Sc. degree/certificate.
Criteria for Non-Eligibility:
- Non-Hungarian citizens who have received or have already had applied for a residence/immigration permit in Hungary.
- Non-Hungarian citizens who have permanent residence in Hungary.
- Non-Hungarian citizens who have permanent employment in Hungary as defined by the Hungarian Labour Law.
- Former Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship holders, who are re-applying for studies in the same cycle of education (e.g. bachelor, master, doctoral)
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungary 2017 Reward
Full payment of Tuition fees: Students who get the scholarship will get to study a tuition-free course.
Hostel Accommodation/Accommodation Costs:
- Students will get dormitory facility (if available within the dormitory capacity of the institution) (OR)
- Payment of HUF 30000 to students to cover their accommodation costs.
- The scholarships cover the living and education expenses of only one student. No expenses for accompanying members will be covered.
Medical Insurance: Students can also avail medical insurance under the scholarship.
Monthly Stipend for 12 months: Students will get a stipend per month for a period of 12 months by the host institution.The stipend will not become effective immediately so students are advised to have sufficient amount of money for a month’s stay in Hungary.
For B.A/B.Sc and M.A. /M.Sc. Students: The monthly stipend will be HUF 450460.
For PhD Students: The monthly stipend will be HUF 100 000
The Hungarian Scholarship Board will not pay for any other costs other than those specified above.
No Travel Costs: The cost of travelling to and from Hungary will NOT be borne by the Hungarian Scholarship Board.
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungary 2017 Application form and Process
Candidates have to apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program online on the official website at http://www.tka.hu. The candidates have to follow the steps given below to complete the online application process:
- Students are required to visit the UGC Website online.
- They are required to open the notification for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program.
- Download the application form.
- Fill the requisite personal and academic details carefully and correctly.
- After filling up the form, attach the list of documents mentioned below.
- Scan all the documents into one pdf file.
- Send this pdf file to the following UGC e-mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents to be Attached Along with the Application Form:
- Curriculum Vitae (Europass format and a photo)
- Letter of interest
- Certificate of the applicant’s level of the language necessary for the selected program.
- Photocopy of the following documents(with its notarized English/Hungarian translation):
- Class 10 pass certificate.
- Official transcripts, degrees, diplomas of any higher education which the student has completed.
- Secondary Certificate (for applicants for BA or BSc programs).
- BA/BSc certificate (for applicants for MA or MSc programs).
- Photocopy of Passport of the candidate.
- Medical certificate of the candidate for a satisfactory health condition.
- Minimum 2 pages of their detailed research plan.
- Photocopy of MA/MSc certificate (with its notarized English/Hungarian translation).
- Two letters of recommendation.
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship 2017 Application Submission
The candidates wish to avail the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungry 2017 can apply only through online mode on the official website. The candidates have to send the filled application form along with required documents to the email address email@example.com.
Number of Institutes and their courses are mentioned below in the table:
||No. of Institutions
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungary 2017 Selection Process
Eligibility Check - Round 1
- Candidates must have applied for a study programme and a host institution participating in the programme and available for applicants of UGC.
- Candidates must have submitted the application and all documents as mentioned above in the Application Process before the given application deadline.
- Candidates must have proved his/her language proficiency.
- It is to be noted that the list of formally eligible applications is forwarded to the responsible authority of the Sending Partner for review and pre-selection. A nomination list, including a reserve list, will be forwarded to Tempus Public Foundation by UGC no later than March 2017.
Institutional Evaluation - Round 2
- The second round starts with the Institutional Entrance Examinations procedure.
- Candidates will be informed about the exact date and method of the entrance examination directly by the host institution.
- The final decision about the application will be made based on the application preferences, the entrance exam results, the capacities of the host institutions involved in the programme, and the educational cooperation agreements in effect between Hungary and UGC.
- Candidates will be informed about the final result of application at the end of June 2017
After the final selection is over, these candidates can then begin the visa application procedure.
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungary 2017 Address
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Dr Maju Singh, Joint Secretary
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi
Pin:110 002, India
Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for Study in Hungary 2017 Contact Details
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Phone: (+36 1) 237-1300
fax: (+36 1) 239-1329
Infoline: (+36 1) 237-1320
Sir Ratan Tata Fellowship invites applications from researchers in the field of Social Science who are targeting South Asia. It will be 8 months paid ... Read More
Science without Border Challenge is an annual Art Competition which aims to motivate students to be a part of protection and conservation of world&rsq... Read More
Lok Sabha Internship Programme is aimed to provide an opportunity to young talent in the country with outstanding academic credentials for i... Read More
The fountainhead essay competition is one of the three competitions conducted by Ayn Rand education.
The student has to write an essay on any of ... Read More