SLIIT SAARC Scholarship 2015
About SLIIT SAARC Scholarship
- SLIIT- Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology offer scholarships for students to pursue undergraduate degree programs at SLIIT, Sri Lanka. The applications are open for September 2015 Intake. It is a merit based scholarship and covers the full tuition fees.
- SLIIT Scholarships are offered in the fields of Information Technology, Business Management or Engineering.
- From each of the SAARC countries ONE candidate will be selected on the basis of the proficiency of their academic credentials.
- SAARC Scholarship is only open for students from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal and Pakistan.
- Intake of the SLIIT Scholarship 2015: 7 merit based scholarships covering the full degree duration and the scholarship covers
- The full tuition fee for the entire duration of the SLIIT Degree Programme
- Duration: Three Years in case of a three year degree programme and Four years in case of a special Honours degree programme of SLIIT
- For SLIIT Scholarships candidates have to apply completely ONLINE.
Commencement of study programmes
The first year first semester of 2015 academic year will be preceded with a compulsory Orientation Programme of 6 weeks duration.
Option to Transfer to the Foreign University
- On successful of the Scholarship completion of the SLIIT Diploma of which is of two years duration if the recipient wants to enroll for the final year of the Degree Programme in a foreign partner university, the option to transfer to that University is available.
- All the costs involved have to be attended by the interested scholar.
- The scholar is responsible for obtaining a valid visa to enter the foreign country.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of SLIIT SAARC Scholarship
SLIIT SAARC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
|| SAARC Countries
|| Class 12 passed- Study in Sri Lanka after Class 12
- The candidate should be officially nominated by the home country.
- The performance at the G.C.E Advanced Level Examination London or equivalent namely passing three subjects in the specified stream at one and the same sitting
- Eligible to gain admission to a Bachelor`s Degree programme of the nominated discipline in a University in the home country
SLIIT SAARC Scholarship Reward
SLIIT SAARC Scholarship 2015 Reward
The scholarship amount of a 4 year SLIIT SAARC Scholarships is as given below:
Information Technology Degree programmes
Business Administration Degree Programmes
Engineering Degree Programmes
The scholarship would be renewed annually and it would be done provided the student maintains the required CGPA.
SLIIT Student Accommodation
- SLIIT offers limited residential facilities for female students within the Campus at Malabe.
- Within the proximity of SLIIT Malabe campus off campus accommodation options are available for both male and female students.
- Accommodation normally include modern day facilities including 24/7 Wi‐Fi access
- Living Expenses: Candidates themselves have to bear the living expenses of LKR 20,000 to 30,000 on a monthly basis while in Sri Lanka.
- Scholarship DOES NOT cover cost of meals, travelling, visa renewal (Annual renewals) and other personal expenses.
- Overseas travel expenses and other related costs will have to be borne by the student
SLIIT SAARC Scholarship Application form and Process
SLIIT SAARC Scholarship 2015 Application Process
SLIIT Scholarship Conditions Form and Application form can be downloaded from the official website of SLIIT.
Click Here to Download the SLIIT SAARC Application Form
Documents to be sent along with the Application Form
The below mentioned documents should accompany the scholarship nomination:
- International student primary application (attached)
- Copy of the G.C.E Advanced Level Certificate and Transcript (London or equivalent) in proof of the successful completion of the admission requirement stipulated
- Copy of the page containing the photograph and personal details in the passport.
- Copy of the Birth Certificate
Submission of the SLIIT Scholarship Application Form
The duly filled in Application Form along with the documents in PDF Form should be sent by email the following address: email@example.com.
SLIIT SAARC Scholarship Selection Process
SLIIT SAARC Scholarship 2015 Selection Process
- The candidates will be selected from the Nominations received on the basis of Merit.
- If the candidate gets selected for the award he/she shall be intimated by SLIIT
- Candidate can use the award letter to apply for an entry visa to Sri Lanka to join the study programme. On arrival in Sri Lanka candidate will have to obtain a visa valid for one year. SLIIT International Office will assist the student in this exercise.
Annual Renewal of VISA
The VISA will be renewed on the basis of the below mentioned measures. Candidates have to pay the requisite Fee to the Department of Immigration and Emigration in Sri Lanka annually
Conditions of Renewal of VISA
- Throughout the study Program attendance is maintained at a satisfactory level as determined by SLIIT
- Candidates have secured satisfactory level of marks in the Examination Conducted
- Display dedicated studentship
Courses Offered for the SAARC Scholarship by SLIIT
SLIIT SAARC Scholarship Address
Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology
New Kandy Road,
SLIIT SAARC Scholarship Contact Details
Tel : +94(0)11 241 3900
Fax : +94(0) 11 241 3901
The UNESCO Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Prize for Outstanding Practice and Performance in Enhancing the Effectiveness of Teachers begun in the ye... Read More
Andreu World SA launches its “Andreu World International Design Contest.”. The competition is open both to design students and to professi... Read More
Navodaya Vidyalaya Admission 2018 will be based on the scores of JNVST Exam conducted by Navodya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS), which was established to... Read More
CBRE Urban Photographer of the Year 2017- The Royal Photography society represents the Urban Photographer Competition 2017. This year, the competition... Read More