Sir Syed All India Essay Writing Competition 2017
About Sir Syed Essay Writing Competition
Sir Syed All India Essay Writing Competition 2017 is conducted by Aligarh Muslim University for students of recognised colleges/universities. The aim of the Sir Syed All India Essay Writing Competition is to spread modern scientific education. This competition is held every year and the medium of competition is English only. There is no entry fee for the Essay Writing Competition and the participant has to send the essay in both the hard and soft copy.
Topic of Essay: "The Relevance of Sir Syed in the New Millennium"
Sir Syed Essay Competition Important Dates 2017
|Last date to submit the essay
||25 September 2017
|Prize Distribution Ceremony
||17 October 2017
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Sir Syed Essay Writing Competition
Sir Syed Essay Writing Competition Eligibility Criteria
||College & University Students
- Students from any recognized college/university/institutions can participate in the competition.
Not Eligible to participate
Students of Class 12 are not eligible to participate
Sir Syed Essay Writing Competition Reward
Prize Distribution Ceremony: The prizes shall be presented on the occasion of Sir Syed Day celebration on 17 October 2017 by the Chief Guest.
There are three cash prizes namely:
- State level toppers of aforesaid competition will be given a sum of Rs. 5,000
- The participants’ state will be determined on the basis of their institution’s address.
Other Benefits for attending the Prize Distribution Ceremony
- The first, second and third prize winners will be given both ways AC-II class railway fare to attend the prize distribution ceremony.
- State level toppers will be given second class sleeper fare.
- All prize winners shall be provided boarding and lodging in the University along with one relative.
Sir Syed Essay Writing Competition Application form and Process
Topic of the Essay: "The Relevance of Sir Syed in the New Millennium"
Specifications of the Essay
- The essay should be submitted on A4 size paper in double space typed on one side
- The essays can be written in English.
- Word Limit: 3000 Words
- The essay should be free from plagiarism.
- Make sure that it is not already published in any book, magazine, newspaper and internet.
- Bonfaide Certificate: Along with their entries, participants should also send in their bonafide certificate from the institutions recognizing that they are students of that institution.
- Contact Details on a separate sheet: Candidates also have to send the correspondence address including contact number and E-mail ID on a separate sheet attached along with the essay.
- Photograph: Candidates also have to send a photograph of along with the essay at the following address.
- Soft copy of the Essay should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each participant can submit only one essay entry.
Submission of Essay by Post
The duly written essay has to be submitted via registered / Speed post to the following address latest by 25 September 2017:
Public Relations Officer,
Sir Syed Essay Writing Competition Selection Process
The winners will be selected by the panel of judges appointed by the University.
- The essays will be judged on the following criteria
- Analysis/ Interpretation
- Writing Skills
- The decision of the University with regard to the prizes will be final.
Sir Syed Ali All India Essay Writing Competition Winners 2016
Sir Syed Essay Writing Competition Contact Details
Aligarh Muslim University,
Phone: (0571) 2704182, +9184390 23992
Pearl Academy Quarter Century Scholarship 2018 application process is started now. Through the Pearl Academy Quarter Century Scholarship, Pearl Academ... Read More
Canon Photomarathon India 2017 is a photography talent search competition which is organized by Canon India Private Limited (Canon India). This is an ... Read More
The UNESCO Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum Prize for Outstanding Practice and Performance in Enhancing the Effectiveness of Teachers begun in the ye... Read More
Andreu World SA launches its “Andreu World International Design Contest.”. The competition is open both to design students and to professi... Read More