TVE Biomovies Short Film Competition 2015- UNFCC, UNDP
About Short Film Competition 2015
- Short Film Proposal Competition 2015 is an initiative by tve in associations with United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) & UNDP.
- tve is a UK registered charity founded by Central TV, the UN Environment Programme and WWF in 1984.
- The Short Film Proposal Competition 2015 does not have any restriction of age or nationality for its participants which means that the competition is open for everyone.
- The competition is open for all and there is no registration or participation fee. Initially the participants have to only submit the proposal of max 5000 words.The proposals can be submitted by individual or by a group.
- The Proposals submitted will be judged and the top 3 proposals will be selected for a grant of USD 300 to complete the film on their proposal and the winner of the competition will be awarded with a cash prize of USD 1500. The funding will be provided on the completion of the film.
- Categories for Participation: The participants willing to be a part of the contest need to submit their proposal related to a short film of 1 minute related to any of the following categorries
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development Green Economy Prize
- Open to only EBD 64 Memeber countries
- The International Year of Soils 2015 Prize.
- The schedule of theShort Film Proposal Competition 2015 is as follow:
August 17, 2015
Short Film Proposal Competition proposal submission deadline
October 12, 2015
Deadline for the delivery of the film.
(Only 3 selected entries in each category so in all 6 teams/individuals)
October 16 - December 18, 2015
(1 in each category will be judged as winners)
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Short Film Competition 2015
Short Film Competition 2015 Eligibility Criteria
||Open for All
- Nationality: The challenge is open for citizens of any nationality.
- Age: There is no restriction over the age of the participating candidates.
Short Film Competition 2015 Reward
Short Film Proposal Competition 2015 Rewards
Out of the proposals received, only 3 proposals will be selected and will be provided with funding of 300 USD to complete the film. Once the film is complete, all 3 of the films related to both the categories will be judged and 1 winner will be selected for each category and will receive the following prize:
- Cash Reward: The teams submitting the winning video in each category will get cash prize worth USD 1500 (Approx. 95,000 INR).
- Screening: The winning movies from both the categories will be screened in Paris at the UN COP21/CMP11 Conference in December 2015.
Short Film Competition 2015 Application form and Process
Short Film Proposal Competition 2015 Application Process
For the Short Film Proposal Competition 2015, participants are required to come up with some ideas on which a one minute video related to environment can be made. The proposals submitted will be judged and the top 3 proposals will get financial assistance to complete their film. The proposals are to be submitted online and the details of the application process are as follow:
- Participation can be individual or in a group. Groups must have a group leader, whose details will be submitted in the entry form.
- Mode of Participation: In order to compete in Short Film Proposal Competition 2015, applications can be submitted online.
Click here to register for the competition.
Details of the Proposal/Film- Stage 1
- The Proposal being submitted need to comply with the below mentioned guidelines in order to be eligible for the prize
- Catgeory: The proposal of the film should belong to any of the following categories and the details about the themes for each category is given below:
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development Green Economy Prize.
- The International Year of Soils 2015 Prize.
- Proposal of the film: The participants should submit their proposal online and should describe the idea behind the proposed film in 5000 words.
About the One Minute Video- Stage 2
- Film Style: The film may belong to any of the style i.e. Drama, Music Video, Documentary or Animation.
- Duration: The film should be of 1 minute including titles and credits.
- Format: The format of the film need to be mov, wmv or mp4
- Language: The film can be in English, Spanish, French or Russian.
What questions should the film answer?
Category 1- Open to only 64 EBRD member countries and
How can a Green Economy both help the planet and boost economic efficiency and growth?
What actions can people take to develop the green economy and how will those actions create jobs and make sure we are not wasting the earth's resources?
How is the green economy being demonstrated in the place where you live? Are companies or individuals promoting efficient use of resources like water, plastic and energy?
Category 2- The film can answer some or all of the following themes
Soil is a precious and irreplaceable resource
How do soils sustain life? (you may want to focus on one or more of the points above)
What can people/society/your friends do to preserve soil?
Are you and your friends already doing something to preserve soil? Do you know someone who is? What are they doing?
Soils are under increasing pressure to satisfy the demands of a growing population: how can we reverse the trend of soil degradation while ensuring current and future global food security?
Soils in the city
Short Film Competition 2015 Selection Process
Short Film Proposal Competition 2015 Selection Process
- The proposals submitted by the participants will be judged and top 3 proposals from each category will be selected and awarded USD 300 to complete their film.
- The selected proposals will get the funding after they submit the completed film within the given time period.
- Viewer’s choice Award: All the 6 videos (3 for each category) will be uploaded to the YouTube channel of ‘tve’ and the video receiving most views will be awarded with prize mentioned above.
Short Film Competition 2015 Address
292, Vauxhall Bridge Road, London
Short Film Competition 2015 Contact Details
Microsoft Imagine Cup are open for those contestants those who are required to build new and innovative software applications. The time... Read More
Compudon is a gateway to the Microsoft Office World Championship. Compudon Season 7, which powers the Microsoft Office Specialist India Championship 2... Read More
KSHEC Scholarship applications has now been started and the candidates can now apply for the scholarship on or before 30 April 2017. Kerala Government... Read More
ONGC National Competition on Research and Innovation in Energy is an initiative by ONGC (Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited) to encourage the You... Read More