Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities 2016-17 Result Declared!
Last date to apply
July 31, 2016
Extended Date: August 15, 2016
About Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) for Students with Disabilities is a UGC Fellowship for providing the postgraduate students with special needs a chance to sustain and excel in the field of higher education i.e. M.Phil or Ph.D. Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship is commonly known as RGNF and was started on April 1, 2012.
Latest Update: Selection list for Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship RGNF for students with Disabilities is declared by UGC. Scroll down for result.
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) for students with Disabilities has been renamed as National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities.
- RGNF for Students with disabilities provides fellowship to the disabled students who wants to pursue higher education leading to M.Phil. and Ph.D.
- RGNF will be offered M.Phil/ Ph.D. in the following subjects:
- Social Sciences
- Engineering & Technology
The candidates can login to the official website and fill their Application Form. The link is available on this page.
- The interested candidates need to make online applications on the official website of UGC for a getting enrolled in the RGNF for Students with Disabilities.
- Those students with disabilities who have registered themselves for M.Phil/Ph.D. are eligible to make application for this UGC fellowship.
- Duration of the Fellowship: UGC RGNF is offered for a time period of 2 years in the case of M.Phil. and for 5 years in the case of Ph.D. and M.Phil. + Ph.D.
- Number of Fellowships: Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship is offered to 200 students every year.
- RGNF also has a clause of reservation under which 15% reservation is there for Scheduled Caste and 7.5% for Scheduled Tribes.
RGNF Result 2016-17
The list of selected candidates for award of fellowship for the year 2016-17 under the scheme of National Fellowship for Persons with Disabilities during financial year 2016-17 is declred by UGC.
Click Here for list of selected candidates for RGNF 2016-17
Other scholarships available for Differently Abled Students
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: UGC RGNF is only for the Indian citizens.
- Academic Qualification: The candidates applying for the Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship need to have Post-Graduate degree
- The fellow should get themselves enrolled in M.Phil/Ph.D. program on the first available opportunity.
- Minimum Marks: RGNF for students with disability does not hold any restriction against minimum marks obtained in the Post-Graduate Degree.
- Qualifying Examination: There is no restriction of clearing any qualifying examination such as NET or SLET to be eligible for the RGNF for students with Disabilities.
- Disability Certificate: The applicant in order to avail the RGNF for Students with Disability need to have a Disability Certificate issued by Medical authority notified for the purpose.
Not Eligible for the Fellowship
- Employees of Educational Institutions such as University/ College or Employees of Central or State Government are not eligible for the fellowship even if they are on Study Leaves.
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities Reward
- Number of UGC Scholarships to be granted: 200
- Duration: The RGNF for Students with Disability will be offered for the time duration depending upon the course selected. The details are as follow:
Duration of Fellowship
2 Years (JRF- 2 Year)
5 Years (JRF- 2 years, SRF- 3Years )
|M.Phil. + Ph.D.
5 Years (JRF- 2 years, SRF- 3Years )
RGNF Fellowship Amount
Fellowship (For All Subjects)
@ Rs.16,000 per month for initial two years (JRF)
@ Rs.18,000 per month for the remaining tenure (SRF)
For Humanities, Social Sciences and Commerce
@ Rs.10,000 per annum for initial two years,
@ Rs.20,500 per annum for remaining three years.
For Sciences and Engineering & Technology
@ Rs.12,000 per annum for initial two years,
@ Rs.25,000 per annum for remaining three years.
@ Rs. 3,000 per student to the host institution for providing infrastructure
Escorts / Reader Assistance
@ Rs.2,000 per month in case of physically and visually challenged candidates.
- HRA: The fellows will receive HRA as per the University/ Institution Rules.
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities Application form and Process
RGNF for Students with Disabilities Application Process can only be made Online and the candidates willing to enroll in the RGNF for Students with Disability need to make an online application for the same on the official website of UGC Fellowship. The details of the Application process are as follow:
- Online Application: The interested female applicants need to submit an online application using UGC scholarship website.
Click Here to Apply Online
- No offline applications: The applications for the fellowship need to be made online only and there is no process for offline application.
- Application Form: The personal and academic information of the female candidate need to be uploaded in the required fields of the online application form.
- Documents Required: The following documents need to be submitted:
- Disability Certificate: The candidate needs to submit a disability certificate issued by Medical authority notified for the purpose.
- Mark Sheets: Mark sheets of Undergraduate, as well as postgraduate courses, need to be submitted.
- Proof of Admission: The candidate needs to submit a proof of admission into M.Phil. /Ph.D. course in a recognized institution covered under UGC Act.
- Joining Certificate: A certificate from the institution where the student has taken admission for their M.Phil. /Ph.D. course.
Submission of Application Form
Candidates need to complete the online application process. There is no need to send any printed document or application form to UGC by post.
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities Selection Process
The selection of the candidates will be done by University Grants Commission out of the applications received. The details of the selection process are as follow:
- Selection of Awardees for the scholarship will be made by the UGC expert panel, minutely observing the required qualifying parameters in terms of enclosed documents and considering the merit of the candidate.
- In case the number of applications exceeds number of fellowships, at that time UGC will use the marks obtained by the candidates to shortlist the suitable candidates for the fellowship.
- The distribution of fellowships amongst different States/UTs would primarily be in the proportion of students with disabilities population in the respective States/UTs.
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities Address
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg,
New Delhi, India Pin:110 002
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities Contact Details
ACST Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams and fo... Read More
Microsoft Imagine Cup are open for those contestants those who are required to build new and innovative software applications. The time... Read More
Compudon is a gateway to the Microsoft Office World Championship. Compudon Season 7, which powers the Microsoft Office Specialist India Championship 2... Read More
KSHEC Scholarship applications has now been started and the candidates can now apply for the scholarship on or before 30 April 2017. Kerala Government... Read More