Raman Charpak Fellowship 2017 for Study in France
About Raman Charpak Fellowship
Raman Charpak Fellowship is in honour of two Nobel Laureates in Physics, Prof C.V. Raman, Indian Nobel Laureate, 1930 and Prof Georges Charpak, French Nobel Laureate, 1992. It is a doctoral exchange programme and is designed to exchange students for the period of from 2 months to 6 months between India and France.
The fellowship is a joint initiative by France and India and is there facilitate the exchange of doctoral students between the two countries, in order to broaden the scope and depth of future engagements in science, technology and innovation.The Raman Charpak fellowship provides experience and exposure to students in the field of science and technology. The students will be given an opportunity to carry out part of their research work in a University / Research Institute based in France or India respectively.
Research Fields under the Raman Charpak Fellowship
Criteria for Application: The students applying for the program must have pre-determined project proposal that has been discussed and given a nod from India and French authorities
- Atmospheric and Earth Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Life and Medical Sciences
- Material Sciences
- Mathematical and Computational Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
Raman Charpak Fellowship 2016 Important Dates
April 1, 2016
May 31, 2016
Declaration of Result
End of July 2016
Country of Study: France (For Indian Students)
Type of Fellowship: Fully Paid
Duration of Fellowship: Two months to six months
Subscribe for Regular Updates of Raman Charpak Fellowship
Raman Charpak Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
|| India and France
||Maximum 30 years as on April 1, 2016.
- The applicant from India should be an Indian Citizen and he/she should have registered with a recognised university for their Ph.D. programme.
- The candidate must have a Master degree in Science, Technology or Medicine from a recognised university/Institute.
- There should have a consent from the University of the Applicant for a Foreign Fellowship Program.
- The candidate has to provide Letter of Recommendation and Agreement from the proposed host supervisor of the Fellowship Lab.
- The candidate will not be considered for selection if the proposed duration of the research is less than 2 months
Raman Charpak Fellowship Reward
- Indian students would get a fellowship support of Euro 1,500 per months for daily expenses, local travel, accommodation charges plus social security charges.
- Economy class Return airfare between India and France.
- Insurance coverage (health and travel).
- Visa and registration costs covered.
- Additional support of 500 Euro for participating in seminar and workshop.
- Air and train ticket for travel in the country of study.
A travel itinerary for a visit will be valid only after the declaration of results and an awarded fellow must start his/her fellowship latest by 31st March 2017.
Extension of the Fellowship Programme
A request made by a fellow for reducing or increasing the duration of the fellowship may be accepted on following two conditions:
- An increase/decrease of maximum 30 days from the proposed duration.
- The fellow has to provide a justification for such request along with the recommendation letters from their PhD & host supervisors. Hence, it is advised that candidates must carefully submit their proposed duration in their application form after consulting their PhD and host supervisors.
Raman Charpak Fellowship Application form and Process
Raman Charpak Fellowship application process has started on Aprill 1, 2016 and will end on May 31, 2016. The candidates can apply for the Raman Charpak Fellowship through online mode only; the process should be carried out in the following way.
- Application Form: The candidates will have to apply and register online, application process started on April 1, 2016, >> Click Here to apply (Application Closed)
Documents to be submitted with the Application Form
- The candidates have to submit five pages long research proposal.The format of the research project should be in this format >> Format for Research Proposal (will be updated when available)
- There should be a title and research work plan and the benefits that the candidates will receive once they are in the new country.
- A CV of two pages with recent photograph on it, the CV should summarise the achievements, research, and publication of 5 important projects. >> Format of CV (will be updated when available)
- A Letter of Recommendation (LOR) from a PhD supervisor from their research lab.
- A synopsis of PhD report or projects.
- An experience letter of the research.
- A scanned copy of passport (Both Front and back side)
- A recent photograph.
- NOC from Head of Institution
- Scanned copy of Master degree certificate
- Scanned copy of PhD registration letter
Submission of Application
The candidates have to submit their application online only; there is no provision of submission through the post. The applications will not be accepted offline.
Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India &
the Service for Science and
Technology (SST), French Embassy in India, Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Development,
Government of France
Raman Charpak Fellowship Contact Details
Dr Mukesh Kumar Director
Indo-French Centre for the Promotion of Advanced Research CEFIPRA
Core 5B, Ground Floor, India Habitat Centre Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110 003 (India)
Director: (+91-11) 2460 2432 (direct)
Office Tel. No. +91 11 24682251, +91 11 24682252
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (For any queries on the fellowship programme)
UNU-ISP scholarship is for admission into Master of Science and PhD in Sustainability Science Programme at Tokyo.UNU is an international academic inst... Read More
Lady Meherbai D Tata Education Trust Scholarship 2017-18 is a study abroad scholarship and is granted to graduate Indian Women to pursue their Ma... Read More
Internship with Ministry of Women and Child Development 2017 - Ministry of Women and Child Development is inviting young students/ scholars for the sh... Read More
ACST Scholarship is being offered by Aakash Institute for the admission to the candidates of engineering entrance exams, medical entrance exams and fo... Read More