RMO Mumbai 2016 - Regional Mathematical Olympiad 2016
About RMO Mumbai Region
- Regional Mathematical Olympiad is a stepping stone towards the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad, a qualifying stage of International Mathematical Olympiad
- The RMO across the country is held in 25 regions and CBSE, KVS, and JNV.
- Regional Mathematical Olympiad Mumbai will be held on October 9, 2016, and out of all the applicants taking the RMO test, total 30 candidates will be selected from each region to take INMO.
- The 58th International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) will be held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from July 12 to July 24, 2017.
Latest Update: This year Pre-RMO ill not be held in Mumbai. RMO Mumbai 2016 will be held on Sunday, October 9, 2016.
RMO 2016- Mumbai Region Important Dates
|RMO Mumbai Registration Begins
||August 1, 2016
|RMO Mumbai Registration Ends
||August 31, 2016
|RMO Mumbai Exam Date
||October 9, 2016 (1:00 PM to 4:00 PM)
About RMO 2016- Mumbai Region
- Students residing in Mumbai and having Mathematics as their subject are eligible to take the RMO test.
- Students of Class 9, 10 & 11 are eligible to take RMO 2016 and the test will be held at various centres in Mumbai Region.
Last Year 362 students appeared in RMO Mumbai and out of them 30 students have been selected for INMO to be held on January 17, 2016.
Subscribe for Regular Updates of RMO Mumbai Region
RMO Mumbai Region Eligibility Criteria
||Mumbai, Navi Mumbai & Thane
|| Class 9-12
- Sudents who are born on or after August 1, 1997, and, in addition, are in Class 9, 10, 11 and 12 are eligible to appear for RMO.
- Highly motivated and well-prepared students from Class 8 may also take RMO at the discretion of the Regional Coordinator.
- Students from Mumbai, Navi Mumbai & Thane region can sit for RMO 2016
RMO Mumbai Region Reward
The students who qualify for RMO are eligible to appear for Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO)
RMO Mumbai Region Application form and Process
The students have to register online for RMO 2016
RMO Fees- Rs. 150
Payment of Fees
- Online Payment of Fees for RMO 2016: Fees can be paid online after registering the student online for RMO 2016
- Deposit the Fees in the Bank
- You may deposit application fees of Rs. 150 per student in any core banking branches of Central Bank of India to the credit of "TIFR-HBCSE Misc. Account No. 1038113243 ".
In this case, the original bank pay-in-slip should be sent along with Candidate's name appearing for RMO, Mumbai region.
RMO Mumbai Region Selection Process
- The areas covered are arithmetic of integers, geometry, quadratic equations and expressions, trigonometry, co-ordinate geometry, a system of linear equations, permutations and combination, factorization of polynomial, inequalities, elementary combinatorics, probability theory and number theory, finite series and complex numbers and elementary graph theory.
- The syllabus does not include calculus and statistics.
- The major areas from which problems are given are algebra, combinatorics, geometry and number theory.
- The syllabus is in a sense spread over Class 11 to Class 12 levels, but the problems under each topic involve a high level of difficulty and sophistication.
- The difficulty level increases from RMO to INMO to IMO
RMO Mumbai Region Address
Prof. K. Subramaniam, Centre Director
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education , Near Anushaktinagar Bus Depot
V. N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd, Mumbai – 400 088
RMO Mumbai Region Contact Details
Ph.: (022) 2557 5622
Telefax: (022) 2507 2207
Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme 2017-18 is organised by the Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation. The foundation awards interest-free loan scholarship... Read More
The Anthem Essay competition is one of the three essay writing competitions conducted by AYN Rand Education.The student has to write an essay on any o... Read More
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships is offered by Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC) in partnership with UK Universities undertake Master Level St... Read More
New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship 2017 offers scholarships to people from developing countries who are motivated to make a difference at home.... Read More